What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

Redk9

Noob
i played the demo and it was kinda wannabe-nrs storymode.
i expect a thrash game.
Lmao how was it anything like a wannabe nrs story mode? Did NRS create some sort of formula for all fighting game story modes? Look down, your NRS is showing.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
lol when people try and make it seem as if this community is the only community that would have some members get defensive when a top player from another game calls out their entire community, joking or not.

Also lol at the people who can infer Punk's intent from some random tweet and option select with "but he's just joking gais" but when posters in this thread blow him up the same people are like " you're taking it too seriously brah!" Like, how do we know they're not just having fun with it too?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lol when people try and make it seem as if this community is the only community that would have some members get defensive when a top player from another game calls out their entire community, joking or not.

Also lol at the people who can infer Punk's intent from some random tweet and option select with "but he's just joking gais" but when posters in this thread blow him up the same people are like " you're taking it too seriously brah!" Like, how do we know they're not just having fun with it too?
They say that because he, like champ, does this all the freaking time. He takes jabs at other SF players, other games, even capcom lol. He just likes blowing people up. He isn't singling NRS out.

That being said, he still hasn't beat Sonicfox so the NRS community can still blow him up if they choose. That's how it works.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You're conflating new players playing NRS games with someone bashing the entire community. No one who is rational or sane is hating on new players joining our scene. This strawman really needs to go because that is not even close to the issue.

He's, as you said, talking shit. So, he got shit talk directed back at him in return. Somehow that is a problem.

He then hasn't backed up said shit talk, and gets called out and blown up for that as well. And again somehow that is a problem.

If you want to be notorious for talking shit, you're going to get blown up when you don't back it up. This is true in every single competition and in life. I don't understand what the problem is honestly.
Again, there's nothing wrong with talking smack. I just hope that people realize that he's doing it in spirit of fun and humor.

There's no reason for people to be bent out of shape over this -- it's not gravely serious and shouldn't be taken very seriously.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what we need is a really good cross over player from NRS to SF... Sonic has done pretty well in SFV (repetitively), as in he u they usually gets out of pools but still. A SF player coming to the NRS scene has a boasting advantage as there are no NRS players in SF.. but there is a number of good SF players in NRS. (Alacard for example and even new ones like Chen and stuff)

The interesting thing is that the gap between the SF and NRS community is actually smaller now. SFV is much more like a NRS game than another to date as it is so aggressive like a NRS game.

You would think NRS would be doing better in SFV and SFv playes better in the NRS scene than they are.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Good luck winning against the best player of a real fighting game like injustice coming off of some fraud street fighter V trash.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Do you guys still think Punk was being serious? I figure by now after all this time, you will see how his personality is.

And I have no idea why this is still going on. Sonic and Punk banter each other for fun. They were playing casual INJ in the suite a few weeks back and posted it on twitter.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Do you guys still think Punk was being serious? I figure by now after all this time, you will see how his personality is.

And I have no idea why this is still going on. Sonic and Punk banter each other for fun. They were playing casual INJ in the suite a few weeks back and posted it on twitter.
Thank you for getting what very few people seem to be grasping in this thread.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
"are people still talking about this?"

isn't this like, exactly the time for it lol?

when he first said it in the first week you guys were saying not to count Punk out, how much stronger the competition is in the Capcom scene, how NRS boys dont have the same kind of scene and Punk is a real competitor, etc

now that we are checking on his statements further into the games life, it's "can't believe people are taking him serious he was just talking smack"

LOL what a corny ass OS