What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

trufenix

bye felicia
Because a few balance decisions you disagree with strongly doesn't somehow make the whole game shit? I think capcoms dropped the ball in a hundred different places but that's not exactly a new thing in the industry. I mean it's whatever but let's just wait and check the evo entrants to see what people in the FGC enjoy playing.

Sfv still plays like SF. And that's enough for a lot of people.
What possible criticism could survive the incredible gauntlet of your option select here?

What possible criticism could survive the incredible gauntlet of your option select here?
What's the option select lol. I'm just stating that NRS games have very little longevity in the competitive scene. It's not even arguable. They look flashy and they're great story wise but they gotta reinvent the wheel every two years to keep people interested. SFs design has been basically the same for 20+ years.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
He's just said if I beat sonic I'll run and never play the game again after that. Some people. If he could do that he should just quit capcom games and actually make some real money

Also, no it isn't. Evo was on ESPN2. It is not paid. It is basic cable.

You sure must feel silly ;)
Lol it's not basic cable my dude, it's a subscription channel. It's maybe listed as a basic channel but it's paid in a package for channel. Stop saying things you're have no clue about. You're reaching now. I had to stream evo finals on twitch because I wasn't paying for ESPN 2 for one event. Don't say things you have no clue about.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
I'm not gonna tell you what to like lul whatever you say man. I guess the 4k extra trash players at evo for sfv just don't see it your way either.

Also the edited makes no sense because sonicfox tried to play the game for a year and yet here we are lul.
feel like you don't know how to think about something logically. it doesn't matter if you have 4 million more people. that doesn't necessarily equal a higher ceiling. dude just read that sentece multiple times because i don't really know how to explain it better than my last post did.

secondly you said punk has a better chance than most key word being most. same way fox has a better chance than MOST.
you see the problem?
any top level player of any fighting game has a better chance than most people in any scene because their talent makes them better than your average tournament goer which means better than "MOST" key word being MOST. don't know how to explain it any better than that.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Lol it's not basic cable my dude, it's a subscription channel. It's maybe listed as a basic channel but it's paid in a package for channel. Stop saying things you're have no clue about. You're reaching now. I had to stream evo finals on twitch because I wasn't paying for ESPN 2 for one event. Don't say things you have no clue about.
By shifting your goal posts and changing the definition of "paid", CW is the exact same. It comes in part of a paid cable package.

TwistedGamesMK

PSN: twistedgaming99
This Capcom vs NRS beef reminds me of East Coast vs West Coast hip hop beef, started by one side's internal shit, then tries to place it on another community.
Sonic Fox has an ego now, and I want to see him beat just because, but not by some guy who thinks NRS games are easy asf and inferior to the Great Capcom God Games.
I will play MvC infinite when it comes out, but Street Fighter is a definite dub. This beef gotta end tho.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
So you pay $7 extra a month for cw? You have no clue what you're talking about.
Sounds like you have a shitty Cable company if it doesn't even cover "basic cable". Maybe you should look around?

And didn't you say you were done? Now we also have proof you're a liar ;). How can we trust anything you say?

Sounds like you have a shitty Cable company if it doesn't even cover "basic cable". Maybe you should look around?

And didn't you say you were done? Now we also have proof you're a liar ;). How can we trust anything you say?
Lol, you're avoiding the situation. Who cares what cable company I have? ESPN is a paid subscription channel and not in the basic channel subscription. Also I said I was done, but you're posts are so ignorant that I had to.

feel like you don't know how to think about something logically. it doesn't matter if you have 4 million more people. that doesn't necessarily equal a higher ceiling. dude just read that sentece multiple times because i don't really know how to explain it better than my last post did.

secondly you said punk has a better chance than most key word being most. same way fox has a better chance than MOST.
you see the problem?
any top level player of any fighting game has a better chance than most people in any scene because their talent makes them better than your average tournament goer which means better than "MOST" key word being MOST. don't know how to explain it any better than that.
Well if you follow basic probability then yeah the average skill level should be the same but the average skill level of the top 100 players in each community would be drastically different. So winning a tournament consistently or having large stretches of dominance should be significantly harder.

Pick 100 people at random and 1000 people at random. The average iq of both groups should be the same, but if you only counted the top half of each group the 1000 people would be higher, and the closer you get to the top the bigger the gap gets. You'll just have a larger chance of having outliers. There's only one sonic fox in the NRS community. But there's probably 20-30 players with a comparable level of raw talent in the SF community.

Sonic Fox has an ego now, and I want to see him beat just because, but not by some guy who thinks NRS games are easy asf and inferior to the Great Capcom God Games.
When you're as good as SonicFox and Punk are at their respective games, ego is a nonissue. It's justified, even if you find it annoying.

Anyway, I just kind of wish everyone would play their game and move on. These 'Fighting Game Warz' are ridiculous. I get it, some Capcom players are elitists and some NRS dudes have insane inferiority complexes, but that doesn't have anything to do with Fox vs. Punk which is just pure hype. Punk thinks he can walk into Sonic's house and win free while Sonic plans on defending his home turf. It's a classic story, and no matter what happens it will be marvelous. I hope Punk goes through with it and takes this game seriously for a while. If he bounces after beating Sonic (which is not at all guaranteed to happen) then so be it. After the bore that was competitive MKX I figured some of you would be happy that some actual drama is brewing. But no, the big Capcom bully made fun of us so let's all argue about it.

Lol, you're avoiding the situation. Who cares what cable company I have? ESPN is a paid subscription channel and not in the basic channel subscription. Also I said I was done, but you're posts are so ignorant that I had to.
You might wanna point out that 2/3 of the SF community doesn't get to watch tbs. I'm pretty sure they don't have that in China/Japan/Europe/Latin America etc.

You might wanna point out that 2/3 of the SF community doesn't get to watch tbs. I'm pretty sure they don't have that in China/Japan/Europe/Latin America etc.
Lol, these guys can't stand the idea of SF being the most respected and prevalent game. The situation speaks for itself. I haven't even asked him to tell me when mk or any nrs game was on ESPN primetime. I won't. I'm done here. And as Beyoncé said, 'and even in the years to come were still gonna be here' lol

Lol, these guys can't stand the idea of SF being the most respected and prevalent game. The situation speaks for itself. I haven't even asked him to tell me when mk or any nrs game was on ESPN primetime. I won't. I'm done here. And as Beyoncé said, 'and even in the years to come were still gonna be here' lol
I think you're getting a little too worked up man. It is what it is. I like both games and they're fun. But mk invented the esrb, street fighter invented the fighting game. The legacies are not the same. At least that's how I see it.

Like infil said. Just enjoy your game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

you see the problem?
no I understand your opinion about how determining skill is subjective so you can ignore traditional skill concepts of the genre to make nrs games seem like something else requiring "alternative skill" tomake him seem fair or something (" at least most of the cast has an overhead low that does 40% see it's balanced must be just as skilled " lul missing the point) i'm just saying most people aren't buying that, know what nrs games are really all about, decide it's not for them and it shows in huge numbers.

lul but even then that's not true. Punk isn't unbeatable in fact he admits he has real demons and with the amount of top players in sf community he could easily be dethroned by 10 people I could name off the top off my head yet still be ridiculous. Thats the relevance of a higher ceiling community vs big fish small pond thing. punks only won 2 tournaments so far and prime sonicfox has proven nobody is on his level. However, fox is nowhere near capable of taking out Punk right now, a year into the game, in sfv like at all lul. It's a one way street there's no "if" for sonic at this point and punk still has a chance to prove himself for inj 2 so your point doesn't make sense if we already know the result.

And I respect fox as a player it's just real talk

Last edited:

TwistedGamesMK

PSN: twistedgaming99
When you're as good as SonicFox and Punk are at their respective games, ego is a nonissue. It's justified, even if you find it annoying.
Punk thinks he can walk into Sonic's house and win free while Sonic plans on defending his home turf. It's a classic story, and no matter what happens it will be marvelous. I hope Punk goes through with it and takes this game seriously for a while. If he bounces after beating Sonic (which is not at all guaranteed to happen) then so be it. After the bore that was competitive MKX I figured some of you would be happy that some actual drama is brewing. But no, the big Capcom bully made fun of us so let's all argue about it.
To be honest, I just want things shaken up from the whole "beat sonic fox" trope of MKX as much as you do, I think Sonic got a little ego trip off of that whole 2 years. Hell, I enjoyed Sonic's rise in IJ1, it's just he might be feelin himself cause of all the fame. If one of these capcom guys actually stays in the community for a while, then it could be great.

omooba

fear the moobs
no I understand your opinion about how determining skill is subjective so you can ignore traditional skill concepts of the genre to make nrs games seem like something else requiring "alternative skill" tomake him seem fair or something (" at least most of the cast has an overhead low that does 40% see it's balanced must be just as skilled " lul missing the point) i'm just saying most people aren't buying that, know what nrs games are really all about, decide it's not for them and it shows in huge numbers.

lul but even then that's not true. Punk isn't unbeatable in fact he admits he has real demons and with the amount of top players in sf community he could easily be dethroned by 10 people I could name off the top off my head yet still be ridiculous. Thats the relevance of a higher ceiling community vs big fish small pond thing. punks only won 2 tournaments so far and prime sonicfox has proven nobody is on his level. However, fox is nowhere near capable of taking out Punk right now, a year into the game, in sfv like at all lul. It's a one way street there's no "if" for sonic at this point and punk still has a chance to prove himself for inj 2 so your point doesn't make sense if we already know the result.

And I respect fox as a player it's just real talk
here's how i know that you don't understand what i'm saying at all. i have said nothing about either player's skill i'm just talking about the logic around the wording you're using. but like i don't know how to expl... nevermind. i get your point though and i think you're right in some ways but yeah piece
Well if you follow basic probability then yeah the average skill level should be the same but the average skill level of the top 100 players in each community would be drastically different. So winning a tournament consistently or having large stretches of dominance should be significantly harder.

Pick 100 people at random and 1000 people at random. The average iq of both groups should be the same, but if you only counted the top half of each group the 1000 people would be higher, and the closer you get to the top the bigger the gap gets. You'll just have a larger chance of having outliers. There's only one sonic fox in the NRS community. But there's probably 20-30 players with a comparable level of raw talent in the SF community.
that last statement is pretty sketchy to say dude. there are people in other games that dominate their game all year round. and people have been doing that since tournaments started. those are the only people you can say are at sonics talent level. now saying 20 people in a community are at the level of someone who's constantly dominating his isn't based on anything other than your opinion. the only way u can say they are on sonic's level is to dominate the way he does.
secondly with your first point i think we're agreeing kinda. yes more people probably equals a higher ceiling but not necessarily. point is we just don't know what the skill level in either game is and it shouldn't even matter. i don't even think that's a thing you can do objectively. like what factors do u want to use to measure skill level. reactions? reads? spacing? different games reward different skills so you can't even use these factors.
but yeah hopefully u can agree with me or agree to disagree cus i really don't want to post in this thread anymore