What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

But it'll still be receiving updates and new content long after injustice 2 gets dropped by the community and everyone moves on to the next NRS game.
Savage!
/thread.
No but in all seriousness unfortunately this is true. I've said this time and time again, I wish nrs kept updating,supporting,and balancing their games so they can last longer. I mean why not add dlc,stages,etc. to their games for more than 2 years? Mkx is such a fun game (imo) and it's sad how months, MONTHS, before inj2 comes there's more talk about it than mkx. If you love the nrs type games then no doubt you'd keep playing it with more updates. Sf games last for years and years it seems, because capcom doesn't say, "hey it's been 2 years, let's do sf6", they're loyal in that way.
Anyways motto of my paragraph:
KP3 PLEASE!

Makes no sense when someone says NRS games are easier then SF games that's why they play it. When reality is at the top of any game competition is going to be strong. Both games at high level have to be played perfectly or you'll lose the level of difficulty a game offers has nothing to do with anything.

REYTHEGREAT

Makes no sense when someone says NRS games are easier then SF games that's why they play it. When reality is at the top of any game competition is going to be strong. Both games at high level have to be played perfectly or you'll lose the level of difficulty a game offers has nothing to do with anything.
have you played street fighter?

9_Lives

Noob
That sounds hype. I have a local sf scene I go to, and most of them know I'm primarily an nrs player. I lose 0-2 nearly every time and they've always been respectful. I don't know if the superiority thing's a myth, but I haven't personally seen this anywhere except between pro players...which mostly just sounds hype to me lol.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
To 2. It's not irrelevant. Rog is measuring his success with medals, Sonic is doing it with earnings.

Rog also arbitrarily set the measurement at capcom and NRS evo medals, Sonic has a plethora of evo medals from other games.
Actually Sonic doesn't. He has. inj, MKX, MKX,
Idk if they gave metals to DOA/Skullgirls the years he placed. And that MK9 top 8 idk if he got anything either. :/

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No chance punk surpasses fox in NRS games within a few months but no, Sonic wasn't the only American in top eight that year. Where did you get this from? There were three Americans in top 8 - Brent and Nando also made it.
Yeah, my bad. When watching live, someone said "SonicFox is now the only American, he's our only hope", so I figured those other two were from Canadia or something.

But my point is, both Capcom and NRS players can have moderate success in the other franchise early on. But in the long run, Capcom players will dominate Capcom games, and NRS players will dominate NRS games.

I'm all for more competition, but we've seen this with tha last two games. Capcom players thinking they will come in, make easy money, then bounce. The only players ever to do that were Jwong and Floe in MK9 with that arcade stick tourney. But Floe also played UMK3 and Jwong isn't an exclusive Capcom player, but I'll still count it.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Actually Sonic doesn't. He has. inj, MKX, MKX,
Idk if they gave metals to DOA/Skullgirls the years he placed. And that MK9 top 8 idk if he got anything either. :/
Yeah I knew MK9 was just a side tournament for that year, I thought he did for DOA and skullgirls though

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah I knew MK9 was just a side tournament for that year, I thought he did for DOA and skullgirls though
I know he won Skullgirls. I think he won DOA. But idk about medals. He still got the wins/Top 8's. But i think Ed has more medals than sonicfox. Doesn't really matter when you have 250K+ from playing video games though. LBSH

omooba

fear the moobs
Ya significantly more tournament players including all the international competition means a higher ceiling is there just by definition. Whatever you believe about what game takes more skill is up to you, but there are no unreactable overheads and lows combo starters that do 40% in streetfighter man lul among some emphasis on actual walkspeed, antiairs, reactions, hitconfirms, execution you know actual fundamental effective concepts everyone appreciates but these are "skill myths" according to you so agree to disagree.
First of that first comment is just not true. More tournament players does not equal higher ceiling. if you have 100 more trash players the ceiling stays the same. also the thing about the list of skills you mentioned is those are things you have in both games just with different ratios and lastly saying "a game having 40% 50/50's is a bad thing" on it's own is extremely close minded. The only concept that universally can be applied to any fighting game to say it's good or bad is balance and character variety. Almost everything else and definitely everything you mentioned is the same as saying "i want to play your game how i play this game not the way you intended it and since i can't your game must be bad"

"I don't think anybody who's never played an nrs game can just walk into one and beat Punk, obviously. But could Sonicfox do it in a year's time? A better chance than most people in the sfv community that's for sure.

edit: this is the last time i reply to a post before reading everything the person says in the thread. cus now that i have this was such a waste of time

Last edited:
I rather play a good game than a shit game just cause it will stay alive a bit longer lol.
It stays longer for a reason. Calling sfv shit when it's by far the most respected and competitive famous fighter ever kinda sounds like sour grapes. I think we should if anything embrace capcoms idealogy of its releases. If nrs did the same then I think more people would respect their games for what they are, truly awesome games themselves. I'm talking about the franchise, if you mean only sfv then you're entitled to your opinion.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I went to a local tournament here in Croatia back in novemeber, our fighting game community is quite small and most of them play Street Fighter V, a game I played for a short time and never bothered to actually learn it by then. The organisers had a MKX tournament and quite a lot of SF players were partaking aswell. I ended up wining the tournament with ease and decided to partake on SFV as well, I did ok and got top 16, since I do know basic fighting game fundementals,. Anyways, some guys gave me shit not getting top 8 in SFV and told that I can't play a "real fighting game " despite the fact I bodied every single SF player in MKX a day earlier. I got serious, played SFV seriously for 4 months and bodied every single guy that got top 8 in november. Even so people were shit talking. I love Street Fighter, but their community is so toxic sometimes.

I went to a local tournament here in Croatia back in novemeber, our fighting game community is quite small and most of them play Street Fighter V, a game I played for a short time and never bothered to actually learn it by then. The organisers had a MKX tournament and quite a lot of SF players were partaking aswell. I ended up wining the tournament with ease and decided to partake on SFV as well, I did ok and got top 16, since I do know basic fighting game fundementals,. Anyways, some guys gave me shit not getting top 8 in SFV and told that I can't play a "real fighting game " despite the fact I bodied every single SF player in MKX a day earlier. I got serious, played SFV seriously for 4 months and bodied every single guy that got top 8 in november. Even so people were shit talking. I love Street Fighter, but their community is so toxic sometimes.
Yea, if you put your time on any game you'll get better, it's simple logic. There are games where maybe the gameplay is easier to pick up, but you're not going to beat everyone in mkx then expect to do the same in sf, and vice versa.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yea, if you put your time on any game you'll get better, it's simple logic. There are games where maybe the gameplay is easier to pick up, but you're not going to beat everyone in mkx then expect to do the same in sf, and vice versa.
Exactly. I think we'll always have the stigma od being "scruby" by some Capcom players , its just pure bias. I'm afraid we'll never get rid of it no matter how good we get on our or their games.

First of that first comment is just not true. More tournament players does not equal higher ceiling. if you have 100 more trash players the ceiling stays the same. also the thing about the list of skills you mentioned is those are things you have in both games just with different ratios and lastly saying "a game having 40% 50/50's is a bad thing" on it's own is extremely close minded. The only concept that universally can be applied to any fighting game to say it's good or bad is balance and character variety. Almost everything else and definitely everything you mentioned is the same as saying "i want to play your game how i play this game not the way you intended it and since i can't your game must be bad"

edit: this is the last time i reply to a post before reading everything the person says in the thread. cus now that i have this was such a waste of time
Never something more wiser was said. Its funny how this: more players = higher level thing is getting people to support SF. Like, I really - really - began following the FGC through SFIV, and after a year of CPT - which was the 2015's CPT - and alot of researching to find the 'best sets' in the game's history I never found anything close to UMVC3's top 8 at EVO in 2014, or even - in recent memory - KI's World Cup in March of this year, so I stopped following Street Fighter's scene, because it wasn't as cool to watch than the gods of the other games. And even with less numbers some games can have a higher level because sometimes the chance of the better players getting scrubbed out before even getting to a top 32 is lower than a game with more entrants and more chances of a random upset - since comeback mechanics are as strong as ever. And I don't call a top player losing by wake-up jabs - or ultra punishes that took half your life - a higher competitiveness, I just call it randomness.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
But it'll still be receiving updates and new content long after injustice 2 gets dropped by the community and everyone moves on to the next NRS game.
At least NRS has got their online mess cleaned up. If anything, SFV's is worse now than it was a year ago.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Savage!
/thread.
No but in all seriousness unfortunately this is true. I've said this time and time again, I wish nrs kept updating,supporting,and balancing their games so they can last longer. I mean why not add dlc,stages,etc. to their games for more than 2 years? Mkx is such a fun game (imo) and it's sad how months, MONTHS, before inj2 comes there's more talk about it than mkx. If you love the nrs type games then no doubt you'd keep playing it with more updates. Sf games last for years and years it seems, because capcom doesn't say, "hey it's been 2 years, let's do sf6", they're loyal in that way.
Anyways motto of my paragraph:
KP3 PLEASE!
Many SF players were unhappy with SFIV, but they were loyal to it. Why? Because it was all they had for years with no promise of another SF game. Now many, many SF players are unhappy with SFV, but they are going to play it forever. Why, you ask? Because it is the new SF. How many copies of SFV were sold in it's first 18 months? An embarrassing amount. That's what legacy gets you.

Last edited:

Shaka

Tier Whore.
It stays longer for a reason. Calling sfv shit when it's by far the most respected and competitive famous fighter ever kinda sounds like sour grapes. I think we should if anything embrace capcoms idealogy of its releases. If nrs did the same then I think more people would respect their games for what they are, truly awesome games themselves. I'm talking about the franchise, if you mean only sfv then you're entitled to your opinion.
SFV is the worst fighter i have ever play, i don't give a shit about respect, if game is garbage I won't play it period.

also MK/Inj/Tekken are more famous than sfv.

Many SF players were unhappy with SFIV, but they were loyal to it. Why? Because it was all they had for year with no promise of another SF game. Now many, many SF players are unhappy with SFV, but they are going to play it forever. Why, you ask? Because it is the new SF. How many copies of SFV were sold in it's first 18 months? An embarrassing amount. That's what legacy gets you.
Sf isn't as much a casual game as mk, that's undeniable. You know I've refrained from attacking either game because I like both the same. But it's laughable that some people try ti shit on sf when deep down they wished their game of choice was as iconic as sf. It would suck to hate sf and yet everywhere I turned, testyourmight included, sf dominated. What's embarrassing is having to take hits at sf when deep down other games aren't even taken seriously.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
The "Street Fighter" brand has respect, much of it earned. That being said, SFV is a poorly-made fighting game. Any true fighting game fan and SF fan in particular will agree if they are being honest.

SFV is the worst fighter i have ever play, i don't give a shit about respect, if game is garbage I won't play it period.

also MK/Inj/Tekken are more famous than sfv.
More famous? In which universe lol. Seriously you can tag on SF all you want it's still got100x more global recognition than the games you listed.

Reactions: jmt