What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hold him or don't hold him to whatever you like, I was talking to the people in this thread fanboying for Punk and talking bout his accomplishments

"Punk wasn't serious so you can't hold him to his words"

Okay, so is that just another way of saying everyone who said exactly that, that those words were bs months ago were right??? If that's the case not sure why people were trying to defend the credibility of those words so much in here huh.
Yeah I don't like the "just trolling" aka the "it's just a prank bro!" option select.

If he DID beat Sonic, everyone would have said "see, he said he would take him out and he did". But instead it's "lol he was just joking, chill out guise".

I mean Punk is funny and cool imo but this option select stuff is nonsense.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Ah nice. Well at least he's still competing, maybe he's on the slow grind to eventually get to that point. Wonder if he still thinks NRS scene is free
I hope him, nicky, and any other players from other games keep playing. It's a great game, but you gotta come in with that respect. Saying you gonna mop sonicfox, then you get eliminated by trepounds harley and my wonder woman while playing broke black adam just looks bad. And at Defend the North, he played sonicfox. He rage quit the final game.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I hope him, nicky, and any other players from other games keep playing. It's a great game, but you gotta come in with that respect. Saying you gonna mop sonicfox, then you get eliminated by trepounds harley and my wonder woman while playing broke black adam just looks bad. And at Defend the North, he played sonicfox. He rage quit the final game.
Couldn't have put it better, exactly how I feel. Would love to see more Capcom players joining in the NRS community or giving a game a go - just don't come in talking bout how skill-free everyone is than OS'ing out when you get washed lol

Last edited:
Punk entered at DTN.

The thing about Punk though, is that he's not 100% serious about everything he says. He's a fun-loving guy who is constantly tounge-in-cheek. So it doesn't make sense to vehemently hold him to every single thing he says.

He was probably just talking smack.

P.S. The replies to Sonic's tweet to Punk yesterday are some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time.
When you give people passes like this it enables them to say whatever they want then option select. This is like saying "Capcom players were just joking about coming in and mopping us up in injustice and mkx."

People aren't holding him to everything he says...people are holding him responsible for what he SAID. There is a big difference and character aint got shit to do with it lol.

Ofcourse he could be talking smack. But give people the same courtesy when they talk back.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
This toxic community pushes new players away from the scene which is sad.
Not entirely. When people come in talking shit saying our community is free in our game, hell yea. But look at Xian. He came in, played at evo, and told people he was enjoying the game. Next thing you know hes hanging out with sonicfox and KP. Come in with respect and we will welcome you.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
You wanna talk a toxic community. Injustice was my first competitive game. I then wanted to try street fighter. Went to locals for it, and when people asked what games I've played before, they would laugh that I had only played Injustice.
The capcom community isn't any better either.

God Confirm

I'd like to see Punk and Fox play each other in a FT10 in both of their respective games.
Why? Sonic doesn't even play SFV anymore and never claimed he would bop anyone in it let alone the game's best player.

Punk is the one who PICKED injustice 2 as his battleground, you don't have to say he'll beat Sonic at SFV, nobody cares

Vick

Noob
You wanna talk a toxic community. Injustice was my first competitive game. I then wanted to try street fighter. Went to locals for it, and when people asked what games I've played before, they would laugh that I had only played Injustice.
From playing most fighters and being around other players, most shit on NRS games because of the shit balance which is fair.They do try to fix it but its usually more miss than hit. There's a bit of hypocrisy since mahvel fans praise the game while shitting on MK/IGAU when MVC games are even more fucked up.

Vick

Noob
Why? Sonic doesn't even play SFV anymore and never claimed he would bop anyone in it let alone the game's best player.

Punk is the one who PICKED injustice 2 as his battleground, you don't have to say he'll beat Sonic at SFV, nobody cares
Speak for yourself fam. Thats where the toxicity comes in. I stated what I thought would be fun to watch and can impact the relationships of both fanbases for better or worse.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
When you give people passes like this it enables them to say whatever they want then option select. This is like saying "Capcom players were just joking about coming in and mopping us up in injustice and mkx."

People aren't holding him to everything he says...people are holding him responsible for what he SAID. There is a big difference and character aint got shit to do with it lol.

Ofcourse he could be talking smack. But give people the same courtesy when they talk back.
They were. Clearly Champ wasn't serious at PAX.

He's a smack talker -- it's what he does. The community needs to stop freaking out and getting ready for WW3 every time somebody tosses a couple words across the aisle.

The two people who were serious about trying to compete, Justin Wong and Chris G, don't talk smack -- they just show up and play. Oh and Xian now, apparently.

God Confirm

Speak for yourself fam. Thats where the toxicity comes in. I stated what I thought would be fun to watch and can impact the relationships of both fanbases for better or worse.
.... What on earth was toxic about what I just said? It came across very much as though you were saying Sonic would lose to Punk at SFV especially after your last post about people "needing to research more now they gotta eat crow because Punk got an I2 top 8", so at best I misunderstood, and even then all I said that Punk vs Sonic in SFV doesn't change the facts of what literally everyone else in here is discussing right now, which is what I thought you were weighing in on again as well considering your last post was....... So Where's the toxicity? You're just buzz wording lol, people are allowed to disagree with you

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
They were. Clearly Champ wasn't serious at PAX.

He's a smack talker -- it's what he does. The community needs to stop freaking out and getting ready for WW3 every time somebody tosses a couple words across the aisle.

The two people who were serious about trying to compete, Justin Wong and Chris G, don't talk smack -- they just show up and play. Oh and Xian now, apparently.
I have no regrets.

It's fun to get the community riled up about situations like this. It's nothing hurtful or damaging - the entire point is to hype things up. Plus, at the time this was ALL OVER TWITTER. From there, people naturally expect this to flow on to here.

Vick

Noob
.... What on earth was toxic about what I just said? It came across very much as though you were saying Sonic would lose to Punk at SFV especially after your last post about people "needing to research more now they gotta eat crow because Punk got an I2 top 8", so at best I misunderstood, and even then all I said that Punk vs Sonic in SFV doesn't change the facts of what literally everyone else in here is discussing right now, which is what I thought you were weighing in on again as well considering your last post was....
... So Where's the toxicity? You're just buzz wording lol, people are allowed to disagree with you
You literally dismissed what I said stating nobody as if you speak for the entire community. Get your head out of your ass fam. If you dont want to see it so be it. There was no reason to reply.