What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

They were. Clearly Champ wasn't serious at PAX.

He's a smack talker -- it's what he does. The community needs to stop freaking out and getting ready for WW3 every time somebody tosses a couple words across the aisle.

The two people who were serious about trying to compete, Justin Wong and Chris G, don't talk smack -- they just show up and play. Oh and Xian now, apparently.
Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They were. Clearly Champ wasn't serious at PAX.

He's a smack talker -- it's what he does. The community needs to stop freaking out and getting ready for WW3 every time somebody tosses a couple words across the aisle.

The two people who were serious about trying to compete, Justin Wong and Chris G, don't talk smack -- they just show up and play. Oh and Xian now, apparently.
So when someone talks "smack" we aren't allowed to respond? When someone calls out the entire NRS community essentially saying we're all trash we have to just take it? Him being a "shit talker" changes nothing. So since he has a habit of running his mouth we should be okay with it?

If you're going to go out of your way to talk shit, don't be surprised when people talk shit back.

X: "You're a bitch"

Y: "No, YOU'RE A BITCH!"

Crimson: "Woah there Y. X is a notorious shit talker, he was just messing around stop creating a war, it's not that serious..."

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You literally dismissed what I said stating nobody as if you speak for the entire community. Get your head out of your ass fam. If you dont want to see it so be it. There was no reason to reply.
I said that Sonic losing to Punk at SFV has no relevance to this argument of whether or not Punk is backing up his words about I2 - which he isn't. I'd watch em play it out on SFV as well, but in the context of this argument, who would win in SFV is irrelevant, aka, nobody cares. I'm not pretending to speak for the community at all stop being so melodramatic. Telling me to get my head out of my ass is far more toxic than anything I just said, you are being heaps hypocritical right now.

Funny that people who are saying we can't talk shit to someone who started the conversation by talking shit, are the same people dreaming up accusations of toxicity while actually being toxic themselves, and are also the same people telling others to get their head out their ass while having their head so far up their own that daylight must be just a distant memory by now. Guess it all goes hand in hand. I'm out

TRVP6GXD

Noob
This discussion is still going on? For a game that gets crushed in viewers when compared to tekken and sfv...stahp please. Dont make the nrs community more cringe worthy than it already is.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So when someone talks "smack" we aren't allowed to respond? When someone calls out the entire NRS community essentially saying we're all trash we have to just take it? Him being a "shit talker" changes nothing. So since he has a habit of running his mouth we should be okay with it?

If you're going to go out of your way to talk shit, don't be surprised when people talk shit back.

X: "You're a bitch"

Y: "No, YOU'RE A BITCH!"

Crimson: "Woah there Y. X is a notorious shit talker, he was just messing around stop creating a war, it's not that serious..."
No, we are -- but what people keep missing is that it's supposed to be in FUN.

If you have a witty retort, that's great -- but sounding like a bunch of sad sacks repeatedly beating a drum about how Punk said he'd body everyone and didn't (even though it's clearly all in fun for him) just makes us look humorless.

And this wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

People keep trying to make it into some life and death promise.. Just relax, and enjoy the banter and games :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

If you have a witty retort, that's great -- but sounding like a bunch of sad sacks repeatedly beating a drum about how Punk said he'd body everyone and didn't (even though it's clearly all in fun for him) just makes us look humorless.

People keep trying to make it into some life and death promise.. Just relax, and enjoy the banter and games :)
The problem with this is, what if he would have actually beat Sonic or made Top 3 or something at a major? It's not like he would have said, "i give my respect to those hard training NRS players, they are amazing". He would have incessantly bashed the community as scrubs that he can body when he's bored.

If that is the case, then why would he not be ridiculed when he doesn't live up to the talk? I'm not buying the "it was all in good fun" talk mainly because you and i both know if he was able to beat Sonic he would not have been respectful to the community or it's players.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
The problem with this is, what if he would have actually beat Sonic or made Top 3 or something at a major? It's not like he would have said, "i give my respect to those hard training NRS players, they are amazing". He would have incessantly bashed the community as scrubs that he can body when he's bored.

If that is the case, then why would he not be ridiculed when he doesn't live up to the talk? I'm not buying the "it was all in good fun" talk mainly because you and i both know if he was able to beat Sonic he would not have been respectful to the community or it's players.
I bet punk could body everyone in this thread, when hes bored. So, yeah, you (we) are all a bunch of scrubs, compared to him.

I see where your coming from but i disagree...people holdin punk to this are the ones having fun. And when you have this mindset its like your trying to suck the fun, pride, and passion out of this.

I find it strange that somebody who trashed the community is being defended by people of said community. Nobody is lookin for an apology. We are just talkin smack just like he is. This is what competitive people do.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

To be clear, I was never "salty". I knew what was going to happen from the beginning. The same thing that always happens. You can claim it was strictly for "fun", but honestly that's just your interpretation. I mean even if it was, that's still irrelevant to us responding to what was said.

All I ask is if you're gonna talk shit and make bold claims, back them up. If not, you get blown up for it. That's how it is and has always been.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

Punk is actually a lot nicer than you'd think. Yeah, he jokes around and teabags and whatnot -- but if you thinks he legitimately thinks the NRS community are scrubs, I think you don't understand where he's coming from.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I bet punk could body everyone in this thread, when hes bored. So, yeah, you (we) are all a bunch of scrubs, compared to him.
Well that very well may be true that he can beat most common forum members, it is far from relevant from the point. Skill level =|= Respect level.

Punk is actually a lot nicer than you'd think. Yeah, he jokes around and teabags and whatnot -- but if you thinks he legitimately thinks the NRS community are scrubs, I think you don't understand where he's coming from.
Then I must not understand where he's coming from lol. Typically I only see his name when he's insulting, so if he's this community praising type of dude I missed it. I have seen far too many capcom players bash the NRS players and the community, talk about the free money they'll win, and then go back to capcom games after taking their L's saying how our games are beneath them.

So if Punk does not fit this category then my comments are off base, but I haven't seen anything yet to signify that he is an exception which is why I wouldn't care if people were harsh towards the comments he made.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Well that very well may be true that he can beat most common forum members, it is far from relevant from the point. Skill level =|= Respect level.

Then I must not understand where he's coming from lol. Typically I only see his name when he's insulting, so if he's this community praising type of dude I missed it. I have seen far too many capcom players bash the NRS players and the community, talk about the free money they'll win, and then go back to capcom games after taking their L's saying how our games are beneath them.

So if Punk does not fit this category then my comments are off base, but I haven't seen anything yet to signify that he is an exception which is why I wouldn't care if people were harsh towards the comments he made.
Dude Sonic did the same thing when SFV dropped. He said he was going to mop all these top SF players, yada yada. It was done in *fun* which is why the Capcom community isn't crying over it months later.

He actually went and competed, and people respect that, so that's cool. I just feel like people on our side don't understand or can't take it the other way around.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dude Sonic did the same thing when SFV dropped. He said he was going to mop all these top SF players, yada yada. It was done in *fun* which is why the Capcom community isn't crying over it months later.

He actually went and competed, and people respect that, so that's cool. I just feel like people on our side don't understand or can't take it the other way around.
I just feel like people on our side don't understand or can't take it the other way around
Because people from Capcom continually bash NRS games to the max, while NRS community does not do that to their games. You've been around long enough for years to have seen all of the "party game" and "no skill" comments from Capcom players, both before they lose and after they lose. They tend to carry a superiority approach when talking Capcom/NRS games, as opposed to respecting they are played differently.

With that type of history, it's nearly impossible for the NRS community to say "wow those comments were all in good fun" when most of the time the comments aren't in good fun. Punk is one of the guys I know little about, so if his comments were legitimately in "fun", then it's more of the exception than the norm, which is why if anything it would be understandable for the NRS community to get riled up.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Because people from Capcom continually bash NRS games to the max, while NRS community does not do that to their games. You've been around long enough for years to have seen all of the "party game" and "no skill" comments from Capcom players, both before they lose and after they lose. They tend to carry a superiority approach when talking Capcom/NRS games, as opposed to respecting they are played differently.

With that type of history, it's nearly impossible for the NRS community to say "wow those comments were all in good fun" when most of the time the comments aren't in good fun. Punk is one of the guys I know little about, so if his comments were legitimately in "fun", then it's more of the exception than the norm, which is why if anything it would be understandable for the NRS community to get riled up.
The Capcom community is pretty busy bashing their own game(s) right now.

But honestly, if Punk didn't respect the games, he wouldn't keep playing. Most of the guys who actually disrespected the scene were one and done (or never played at all). Punk's enterered a bunch of events now, Xian is entering in Europe etc. I think it's actually a positive and should be fun for all.

Plymarco

Worst Kitana ever?
I agree 100%. You can tell that he doesn't really believe what he is saying and its all in good fun. From what I've seen he seems like a pretty chilled dude. I know plenty of people like him and I get where he is coming from.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The Capcom community is pretty busy bashing their own game(s) right now.

But honestly, if Punk didn't respect the games, he wouldn't keep playing. Most of the guys who actually disrespected the scene were one and done (or never played at all). Punk's enterered a bunch of events now, Xian is entering in Europe etc. I think it's actually a positive and should be fun for all.
You're conflating new players playing NRS games with someone bashing the entire community. No one who is rational or sane is hating on new players joining our scene. This strawman really needs to go because that is not even close to the issue.

He's, as you said, talking shit. So, he got shit talk directed back at him in return. Somehow that is a problem.

He then hasn't backed up said shit talk, and gets called out and blown up for that as well. And again somehow that is a problem.

If you want to be notorious for talking shit, you're going to get blown up when you don't back it up. This is true in every single competition and in life. I don't understand what the problem is honestly.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I feel like all of the problems in this thread exist because a portion of the nrs community has an inferiority complex.
Because we get shit on by almost every other community.

Don't get me wrong, I never really took Punk's or Champ's shit talk seriously, but I can't count the amount of times I've been shit on at tournaments for playing NRS games. I can see why people take so much offense to what Punk said.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
sonic isn't nearly as dominant as he was in MKx and IJ1.. also didn't Punk get thrashed by FK?

coming from the guy who takes personal offense when a capcom player is called out on his own statements that's pretty rich
What? Like I literally(using the term correctly) don't know why you'd think that lol. I've never really hid my dislike of punk, all I'm saying is a small but vocal part of this community has a tendency to blow shit like this way out of proportion. It's shit talk, it happens. It's not some grand polemic on why nrs players are a bunch of scrubs.

Because we get shit on by almost every other community.
mk games before mk9 were actually thrash games. that doesnt count 4 classic mk1-umk3.
but the games in between were thrash and thats why they "lol nrs"
imo since mkx this doesnt apply anymore but the shit talk comes from earlier.

btw, in the past sf games were prestige and now sf5 is a complete thrash game lololololo (seems like the new marvel is also trash lol )

so now i would say this
NRS > CAPCOM

mk games before mk9 were actually thrash games. that doesnt count 4 classic mk1-umk3.
but the games in between were thrash and thats why they "lol nrs"
imo since mkx this doesnt apply anymore but the shit talk comes from earlier.

btw, in the past sf games were prestige and now sf5 is a complete thrash game lololololo (seems like the new marvel id also trash )

so now i would say this
NRS > CAPCOM
In actuality ive been seeing a lot of people saying marvels look and presentation is trash but the gameplay is really good but we will see in September.