What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Always hold down, and if your friends are as predictable as it sounds you can react to the longer frame f3. When they learn cross up j3 block chains grabs and other fun stuff then it is a problem. And depending on your character you should have a wakeup for all options

Hivey

Noob
i think they end their stuff with a hard knockdown, which is why i cant do a wakeup. and they dont do the crossups or throws, because they dont need to. as i said, even when i guess correctly, i still get hit.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i think they end their stuff with a hard knockdown, which is why i cant do a wakeup. and they dont do the crossups or throws, because they dont need to. as i said, even when i guess correctly, i still get hit.
are you aware that F3 is an overhead and that you have to stand block it?

Hivey

Noob
i may not be a 'pro', but im not dumb. as ive said, my one friend was able to 100% me by using it, when i was stand blocking. and when i crouch block, the low can still hit me somehow.

am i seriously the only person who has this issue?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yeah, there is literally no reason that you should be getting hit by it. I mean do you understand that if they go to the other side of you, you have to block that direction?

Hivey

Noob
yes, i do. i know all about crossups and how to block. i use crossups a good bit myself with superman and frost. but they dont go for crossups, unless them standing pretty much touching counts as a crossup for the f3, in which case that needs fixed asap.

EGP Wonder_Chef

It doesn't have any strange crossup property. There's no reason why you should be getting hit if you're blocking correctly.

Hivey

Noob
hm. well thats just weird then. i cant really compete with them when they use GL because of it, because when i get hit with it, its game over. if they miss or drop it, and i get going, they quickly retreat, play lame, and wait until they can start it up. being hit when i block correctly is just annoying.

is it possible it might be lag of some sort?

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Good grief. Just got my 100th online win with Green Lantern and it was not fun at the end there. I could really use a pointer in the general direction if anybody is willing.

I have his BnBs down and am at least passable at hit confirming or cancelling into Minigun if you get blocked. I'm coming to terms with the mobility issues but where I'm really having trouble is just opening people up. Most of the time matches feel like I'm trying to keep the other guy out or, more frequently, inch my way in so GL is in that mid range sweet spot. However I'm at that point that when I'm there, guys are really defensive and I'm can only score hits off whiff punishing. Does GL have much in the way of mix-ups? His overheads can be seen coming a mile away other than F3 but that one has to be used at a range I don't feel GL is very comfortable with. Any thoughts?

I don't understand why people tier GL on the same level as Supes and BA. He's good but he's not that good it seems. Once people stop jumping like morons it suddenly becomes a lot harder to get that damage. That, and I don't think it can be emphasized enough just how much his poor mobility is a liability.

G.l is one of the few characters that can call black Adam a good matchup. He has a 9f low starter for combos that can be confirmed into any special move at all, one being plus on block. He has an air projectile as well as very friendly execution. Then combine that with ambiguous resets and a credible zoning game and decent speed overhead.

regulas

Your Emporer
I don't understand why people tier GL on the same level as Supes and BA. He's good but he's not that good it seems. Once people stop jumping like morons it suddenly becomes a lot harder to get that damage. That, and I don't think it can be emphasized enough just how much his poor mobility is a liability.
Because of his ability to Combo off of any mistake or opening. You can basically just play it defensively, eventually your enemy will do something you can Might and boom. Might is basically just a super easy ability to use, and current Tier lists are based on easiness or safeness over other factors. Honestly they should probably nerf might's start-up and buff other areas that GL lacks.

Also a GL took 2nd at EVO.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So it appears that there was no game play changes or normalization to the game this patch.

Yeah I friend does the EX Ring grab on me after starting into a combo (Seems he has one high and low) with his trait and ends with the bat all the time. I cant seem to do anything about it either....

In MK9 I was a great Smoke user but in this game I am having trouble finding that character for me. I have used (In Order): Nightwing, Harley, Batgirl, Zod, Martian Manhunter and Doomsday.

I would say Doomsday is my best and I can combo a little with him. however I just seem to get beat by green lantern in close unless I got my trait.

I used to use Nightwing all the time when the game first released and had his Escrima, jump punch, escrima, wing dings combo down pat but his damage output just kills me. I decided to stop using him and now I am terrible with him again.

Harley is just so random, I input her trantum stance and a lot of times she will just roll out of it. I switched controllers and everything but I still cant seem to figure it out.

Manhunter I love due to his variety however my combos and BnB's are horrible with him.

Im not going to lie, I got very good in MK9 due to the fact that I had that MK9 game app that showed the combos with actual inputs. Instead of 1,2,3,4 it was X, Y, A, B. The numbers and abbreviations confuse the living hell out of me and I dont get the the input cancel strings.

Please go easy on me, MK9 was the first fighting game I have ever got into and I really would like to get to that skill level on injustice as well. I been reading these forums and been wanting to create a account but have been to intimidated to do so.

So any tips for a Injustice noob like me?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
just played 4 matches in a row online every match i was counterpicked and/or fullscreen projectild the entire match -___-
im dropping GL. it was fun.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
You could hide your pick or learn to deal with various Zoners or have a pocket bat girl or aquaman
i kinda have a batgirl but i need to work on her alot and i know a little Aquaman. i also know some of deathstroke but he does me no good against batgirl most of the time. i just need to stop playing ranked and koth where i cant get rematches.

not serious right ;p, play me sometime on xbox
very, and would like to play you (even though GL mirror is the dumbest MU) might need a new controller though

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
i kinda have a batgirl but i need to work on her alot and i know a little Aquaman. i also know some of deathstroke but he does me no good against batgirl most of the time. i just need to stop playing ranked and koth where i cant get rematches.

very, and would like to play you (even though GL mirror is the dumbest MU) might need a new controller though

add me we can play tomorrow (or whenever you get a new controller) a few mirrors then ill switch character.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hey whats up everyone. Aquaman player here, picking up GL partially to learn the mu against him better but he may end up being my main very soon, i love him. There is tons of great info here..... makes the aquaman forums look like a joke. It will be nice to have people with ideas to bounce off of and such, compared to AM where i was pretty much by myself. Any tips for a new GL? So far he seems to be devestating with meter, so my main goal is managing that well.

I would say check the forum for combos and resets whenever you get the chance. Online wise everyone has been experimenting with their own version of the j3 reset. They will probably show you which characters you will be able to exploit with meter the most and all the characters you may have trouble against in the long run. Til then welcome to g.l. Here are 5 combos
Combo1- b13, 4xx lantern's might, 223, (lm , LM mb, turbine)
Combo2- j3 , b2, oa rocket mb, b23, LM mb, b3 (22 LM, or b1lm)
Combo3- f3, j3, b13, 4xx lm, 223 (turbine or LM)
Combo4- f3, d2, j2, b13, 4xx LM, 223lm
Combo5- j3, d1, b13, 4xx LM, 223, any ender or continuation you want to do.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Hey whats up everyone. Aquaman player here, picking up GL partially to learn the mu against him better but he may end up being my main very soon, i love him. There is tons of great info here..... makes the aquaman forums look like a joke. It will be nice to have people with ideas to bounce off of and such, compared to AM where i was pretty much by myself. Any tips for a new GL? So far he seems to be devestating with meter, so my main goal is managing that well.
step 1: spam lift
step 2: ???
step 3: profit