What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Yes, GL is very much a sum-of-his-parts character. He's flying under the radar right now but I'm worried what will happen if the community gathers the pitchforks and torches.

An nerf to lift's range or a significant increase in recovery would hurt him bad. I hope that won't happen though because its part of GLs design to dominate at that range; you just have to fight him outside of it where he's weaker.

im about to front page this post so that the community catches on

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Yes, GL is very much a sum-of-his-parts character. He's flying under the radar right now but I'm worried what will happen if the community gathers the pitchforks and torches.

An nerf to lift's range or a significant increase in recovery would hurt him bad. I hope that won't happen though because its part of GLs design to dominate at that range; you just have to fight him outside of it where he's weaker.
However KT you know that instead of people leveling up and trying to learn the match up, the will take the easy way out and demand nerfs. On top of that a lot of people seem to swear that life is one of the most op moves out there. I honestly feel like even though there is no real reason for him to be nerfed, one is at some point inevitable simply due to the amount of people playing GL and that number is increasing.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
im about to front page this post so that the community catches on
JOSH PLS

Don't you dare make any tech with lantern because he'll get nerfed immediately lololol

For the record, I feel like DS nerfs were excessive even though he had no bad match ups and was strong almost everywhere on screen. The only thing I wanted was reduced chip on low gun so I didn't lose chunks of life for properly navigating gun shots, I was ok with everything else.

That being said, I understand that paulo would adjust him because he wasn't being played the way he envisioned.

Just my 2cents

Random question, is there anyway to put a code on your ps3 profile to keep your roommate or older brother from going on your account without banning them from using the system?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So with the supposed frame data fix, anyone know what minigun is on block? Can't check atm.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Since his f3 lacks any real range, when are the best times to use it?

Is it also worth using b23 at all since its +4 to allow for f3/b1 mixups? I rarely see GLs use this.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Since his f3 lacks any real range, when are the best times to use it?

Is it also worth using b23 at all since its +4 to allow for f3/b1 mixups? I rarely see GLs use this.
b23 whiffs on crouching opponents.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Man I'm having a hell of a time trying to learn this guy. Hes got such crap mobility... then again, everyone is crap compared to black adam in that department.

Feels like his BnBs are too risky. I'm not confident enough to hitconfirm B13 into lift or minigun, and it can be interrupted anyway. Not sure how to tough it out.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm not sure, actually. Probably not, though.
it does not. I don't think even the biggest of the big hitbox characters get hit by it.

it's a terrible string for anything other than corner push honestly

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
What's his b13 on block? I've been trying to d1xxspecial punish it and failing. I just heard it was + on block, but by how much?

Is anyone using OR mb for block mixups and frame trapping? I've recently started doing d1~OR. If they block the d1, they can't avoid or interrupt the OR. If they block the OR, they can punish but, if I think they will, I mb for combo. It's working pretty well so far, though it burns through meter a bit.

rzn

Noob
Is anyone using OR mb for block mixups and frame trapping? I've recently started doing d1~OR. If they block the d1, they can't avoid or interrupt the OR. If they block the OR, they can punish but, if I think they will, I mb for combo. It's working pretty well so far, though it burns through meter a bit.
Whiffs if the oppo crouches and it's free punish for him.

Turbine fails, frame perfect back dash or catching him in the motion works best. Turbine only on hard read to get behind where he used to be, then a missile or trait gatlin would catch him no matter where he goes.

True he is meter starved, but at least you can punish for an easy 34% combo or higher after b3. And back dash trait gatlin or combo is always an option. Online names it harder than it really is