What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
step 1: spam lift
step 2: ???
step 3: profit
No seriously....spam lift, people are free to it. When you win they will send you hate mail and tell you GL is over powered and needs to be nerfed....the proper response to said hate mail is "stay forever free."

redeyes

Button Masher
question after a MB lanterns might & the GL goes for a J3 mix up ( sometimes it corsses up some times it doesnt)

1) how can i tell where he will land?
2) can i wake up or anything?

1) how can i tell where he will land?
If they're not hiding it you can tell if they walk forward a bit before jumping it'll cross up and if they don't it won't.
If they're hiding it they'll walk forward either way but can change if it crosses up or not by how high in the jump arc they press 3. Might be too hard to react to though so you'll end up having to guess
2) can i wake up or anything?
Depends on what character your playing. I would assume deathstrokes blade flip would work for example but would probably be punishable

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I am sure you guys know this, but I never see GL's punishing with IA J2. It is superfast (7frames and overhead) and his B1 combos can be linked from it when you land. Maximize damage! Many other charecters can link fast normals when landing from a IAJ2 becasue of the prolonged hit stun Blackula, THTB Kyle Rayner KT Smith @DJT

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I am sure you guys know this, but I never see GL's punishing with IA J2. It is superfast (7frames and overhead) and his B1 combos can be linked from it when you land. Maximize damage! Many other charecters can link fast normals when landing from a IAJ2 becasue of the prolonged hit stun Blackula, THTB Kyle Rayner KT Smith @DJT
I just think most GL's are prone to j1 or j3 since they are just so freaking good already, lol.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Not sure you guys know what he means, I'm pretty sure you can't do an instant j1(not much hit stun) and then continue your combo when you land, and instant j3 knocks them down too fast. I will test j2 later though I usually punish with 22, 123, or b13 depending on the situation so adding an extra 2% is always good.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
hey guys i want to try him out and there is so much info , can someone pls list me :
his best combos of f3,b1 3,j3, f2 d1 , and best 50/50 setups of these starters pls ;) ?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So...guys.

You play one of the most hated characters in the game.

How does that feel? ;-)

Rude

No, no. I'm not one of them.

I happen to believe that Batman/GL "COULD" (focus on the word choice) be even.

BUT...everyone in the universe is complaining about GL lately. I just wanted to know how that made you all feel.

No, no. I'm not one of them.

I happen to believe that Batman/GL "COULD" (focus on the word choice) be even.

BUT...everyone in the universe is complaining about GL lately. I just wanted to know how that made you all feel.
its all good :) idk why they hate on him to be honest. he doesnt have real high damage like ba or supes. he cant zone like DS or supes. his 50 50's arent as good as lets say batgirls. so idk, what do people usually complain about? the lift, b1?? lol

Rude

Probably the difficulty of punishing blocked lift when used at max distance, air Oa's, the fact that The B1 Strings of Scrub Doom can be thrown out at any time due to their speed and safeness, which means you always have to be ready to block low. Which then can open up the overheads. I know what you're thinking: F3 isn't that fast. I'm sure it's about as fast as most standard F3s, and even those are hard to react to.

Really, it's the amount of space you have to respect with Lantern and how he very much discourages all manner of jumping.

But again, Batman does all right with him, so I've no complaints.

Probably the difficulty of punishing blocked lift when used at max distance, air Oa's, the fact that The B1 Strings of Scrub Doom can be thrown out at any time due to their speed and safeness, which means you always have to be ready to block low. Which then can open up the overheads. I know what you're thinking: F3 isn't that fast. I'm sure it's about as fast as most standard F3s, and even those are hard to react to.

Really, it's the amount of space you have to respect with Lantern and how he very much discourages all manner of jumping.

But again, Batman does all right with him, so I've no complaints.
lol b1 strings are punishable though. people just dont know how i guess. yeah i like the gl vs batman mu its fun. for me anyways

What kind of things?
well you know if u do turbine setup in the corner then do NJ3 it looks like a crossup but is actually a fake crossup? i was just experimenting with different jump ins and different jumps (forward, back, neutral). and i was getting an ambiguous kinda thing mixing up the kind of jumps and jump in attacks. so u could actually do a crossup or a fake crossup in the corner afrer a TS. its kinda hard to explain so i was trying to make a video lol its mostly a gimmick though...

well you know if u do turbine setup in the corner then do NJ3 it looks like a crossup but is actually a fake crossup? i was just experimenting with different jump ins and different jumps (forward, back, neutral). and i was getting an ambiguous kinda thing mixing up the kind of jumps and jump in attacks. so u could actually do a crossup or a fake crossup in the corner afrer a TS. its kinda hard to explain so i was trying to make a video lol its mostly a gimmick though...
No I get it. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the video.