What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
MB b3/f3 is inconsistent because sometimes doomsday randomly ends up behind you and you blow a bar for nothing.

It must have to do with the timing of the b3/f3

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeah you have to do it a little late for it to work, and yes try backdashing consistently online lol, as the doomsday player i'd lmao

Is anyone using iaBF3 (Turbine Smash) as a means of mobility? From my testing, done at the lowest point, nothing short of a 6-frame, forward-moving special can punish (e.g., Luthor's Corp Charge), and even that's fishy since it leaves a big gap between GL and the opponent. Moreover, it's good for fakeouts. First, if done from max range, it'll drop you right in front of the opponent without actually hitting. Second, if your opponent gets trigger happy, you can do a meter burned one and just toss the turbine at them. Maybe this is known and been proven useless, but I've gotten some use out of it in my limited testing so far.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
i don't know I find it very punishable when it whiffs specially the air one, when I play as Sinestro vs Lantern I punish it every time. I mostly use it vs some airbone characters like superman and hawkgirl or on read if I think they'll try to go for an interactable. I use it a lot to get out of corner pressure, it'll leave you about lantern's best range if you can pull it off. Rarely use the MB version since meter is so useful to GL but I sometimes will do it vs sinestro for example on the ground so he tries to interrupt with fireball but instead get hit.

I wish you could dash cancel it though or delay the meterburn it would be so great.

I agree it's very risky in most situations. But I find that if you get good at the iaBF3 command so that you can consistently do it at the lowest possible point, then you're actually very safe.

Turbine does have its uses, but on sinestro it basically screams please kill me now. Slow walking forward is very underrated on him. In rare situations I will even trade fireball with him to make him do another quick move so I can dash further in. Its a perfect example of a 5/5 IMO. Now on black Adam is where I find turbine has the best use, as long as you make sure you hit him, his reversals are completely useless and you can block every single one of his moves. You just can't whiff the air turbine on him.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
MB b3/f3 is inconsistent because sometimes doomsday randomly ends up behind you and you blow a bar for nothing.

It must have to do with the timing of the b3/f3

After further testing this F3 MB is the best option you have to do it right after doomsday leaves the screen for it to work but that's universal for all, however B3 seems to whiff a lot even then but F3 was working every single time I was trying it.

Anyone else notice how bad the surrounding lanterns are in his victory pose? I don't mean to complain, it's just that I can't stop looking at them. SO. VERY. 2D.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm planning on learning and training with Green Lantern when I get home, tonight. My idea is to use him against some of Batman's tougher MU's......Black Adam, more specifically.

It's exciting. I'm just excited to finally start learning a new character outside of Batman or Superman.

PJudge

Noob
Hi guys, I've been playing Lantern since day 1, and while I'd say I'm not bad, there are still a few things I need help with. One of the biggest things I'm struggling with is what to do vs. full screen guns. I've somehow managed to avoid most of them, but tonight I've come across a lot of people who just sit full screen and fire guns (Deathstroke and Joker to be exact), so i guess the question I'm asking is what should I be trying to do to get out of this situation? Normally I'd just try not to get into that situation, but DS and Joker only firing guns is pretty difficult to turbine over...

One of the biggest things I'm struggling with is what to do vs. full screen guns.
First, DON'T JUMP vs. Deathstroke. He can shoot in air. What you should do is block the shots, dash in, block, dash, until you get there. GL does have a bad dash, and you will eat a lot of chip, but you just have to make it count once you get in. If the DS or joker knows the game, then maybe avoid doing this next thing. If they're really bad and just shoot, then you can jump and air turbine to get in. If they're bad, then they won't know to punish. What I do sometimes is use the break between blocked gunshots to shoot an Oa's Rocket to freak them out and make them see that they have to do something to avoid it. From then, I dash behind my rocket. Since they're afraid of the rocket, I can get in running right behind it, then punish their attempts to jump away using Lantern's Might into combo if I have meter. Hope this helped!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Hi guys, I've been playing Lantern since day 1, and while I'd say I'm not bad, there are still a few things I need help with. One of the biggest things I'm struggling with is what to do vs. full screen guns. I've somehow managed to avoid most of them, but tonight I've come across a lot of people who just sit full screen and fire guns (Deathstroke and Joker to be exact), so i guess the question I'm asking is what should I be trying to do to get out of this situation? Normally I'd just try not to get into that situation, but DS and Joker only firing guns is pretty difficult to turbine over...
Be patient and walk them to a corner.

If you get a life lead, in most cases they can't continue zoning you full screen because you can trade standing rockets.

His best wake up options are lantern's might , wake up blocking. Rare occasion turbine and oa rocket works when you are knocked far away. And back dashing on wakeup is for moves like supernova and that Ares groundpound

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Damn.

I wish I started using him before, he's really fun, and versatile.

And his cancels aren't stupid, and his combos aren't heavily effected by lag, and he does good damage, and his mix-up game is mad tight yo, and he reminds me of Ermac, and John Stewart skin is coming out soon.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Damn.

I wish I started using him before, he's really fun, and versatile.

And his cancels aren't stupid, and his combos aren't heavily effected by lag, and he does good damage, and his mix-up game is mad tight yo, and he reminds me of Ermac, and John Stewart skin is coming out soon.
Now if only they would give us the other two lanterns as alts that would make him complete.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
other two?

Nah, just kidding, no one gives a fuck about Baz, he looks dumb and he should feel bad.

Like what is his thing?

The other earth lanterns have defining characteristics.

-Hal has the most willpower and experience, arguably the best of the earth lanterns.
-Guy has the most power, but the least stability. Is incredibly stubborn and hard to keep down.
-John is the smartest, and has the most stability. Being an architect, he can come up with very complicated and well designed constructs.
-Kyle, a graphic designer, has the best imagination and can come up with extremely useful and complex constructs.

This is from little knowledge I have of the Green Lantern lore.

Hivey

Noob
so im having issues fighting against 2 of my psn friends who use GL mainly. they do that reset/vortex thing, where they either go with that quick low kick started, or f3. i cant do a wakeup attack, and even when i guess the right way to block, i get hit.

ive had one of them 100% me by going f3 every time, when i blocked up constantly. is this a glitch, or what?