What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi (Old) Quan Chi Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
It just looked swag as fuck which is what drew me to it. He only gets portal grab and a couple normals in that variation. RIP the dream.
ill wait till i get the game to make the final decision. somebody at NRS must have got done with him and said " and this is used like this"

actually i think the initial trailer caused me to misjudge the purpose. looking back at other footage it seems to work if you can occupy or distract them with something else first, still not sure what kind of damage you can get from it though looks rather weak tbh

mfkaoz

Banned
ill wait till i get the game to make the final decision. somebody at NRS must have got done with him and said " and this is used like this"

actually i think the initial trailer caused me to misjudge the purpose. looking back at other footage it seems to work if you can occupy or distract them with something else first, still not sure what kind of damage you can get from it though looks rather weak tbh
Yeah I'm still holding onto some hope that it'll be good because it's my favorite of the 3. I'm definitely still gonna go to Warlock first on day 1 although now my expectations are much lower.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Do we know if the trait Bat's low sweep, or any of his moves are hit-confirmable with Trance?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do we know if the trait Bat's low sweep, or any of his moves are hit-confirmable with Trance?
Around mid screen range.

Hell Bat hits low and then you can trance them before they fall.

Fireball bat move doesn't.

Rising karma bat links to trance.

Physical attack bat links.

I can't move when Zod bat is biting him.

Rude

So what that means is that if we have trait bat out and we're pressuring the opponent, you could condition the opponent not to hit buttons with the threat of low bat into trance. With EN Rune being +15 according to some reports, Quan could have continuous pressure.

I know trait bat vanishes after a brief while, but still.

BATMAN WE IN DERE!!!!

Rude

You could probably end a combo with Bat bite to switch positions and move the opponent toward the corner, depending on how you are facing.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea EX Rune is +15 on block. The EX can be delayed all the way to the last second before you burn it.

I've been doing mostly Sorceror and recently started messing with the bat. The good thing about it is the speed it attacks and the ability to call it instantly. You call it, use it in your mixup or combo, and recall it safely after certain Enders or during a trance. This variation is going to be really good.

wselak

Noob
i'm hoping he has a good corner carry combo so you can go into bat mixup. i would be fine with corner carry then another hard knockout for the mix up too though.

lmx17

Noob
i feel quan chi main weakness is not a strong reversal, i mean only one i would use is ex teleport.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Jeez, these two days are going to kill me. I went all over my local area today looking for a store that would sell me a copy and no dice. I need to hit the lab with Quan.

mfkaoz

Banned
What were you guy's impressions after watching Ketchup use Quan Chi in Fatal 8?
Ketchup never really got a chance to get something going against Sonicfox because he was constantly getting pressured. Only thing I got from this is that Quan is SUPER weak on knockdown. I still think he will be good, but he'll be free to characters with good oki.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'm concerned. I mean ketchup may not be the best but....meh I don't know. My zoning needs buffs senses are tingling. I must fight the knee jerk. Also, his normals lookk slow again, but better range.

Status
Not open for further replies.