What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi (Old) Quan Chi Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
excellent! I did read the writeup but i couldnt remember that detail im sorry ;_;

im starting to doubt how good it'll be if you have to stay stationary
The armour aura is going be silly; anywhere outside the corner he can just zone and not give a shit about anything, and in the corner he's going to do some serious raping with armored 50/50's. It's the other aura that tracks the opponent that I think will be the least used. Maybe will be good in the corner but will it be better than armour town?

macro

Eezeepeezee
Know doubt the Sorceror Class will be ridiculous in the corner thought.
But it will be interesting to see how he plays a match-up like Ferra/Torr or Kotal Kahn.
In the end, will just have to play the game to see whaat were looking for to beat these match-ups.
I still do have a couple of ideas that I'll be posting about the match-ups; when the game comes out.
Mainly talking about trance, and are new options to get the game back in are advantage.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Which would you say is the best spell? I would think the armor one because the knockdown pressure+armor spell can leave you at advantage in many situations. Against some opponents it forces them to try to predict what you will do and defend before they can try to attack 100% of the time. Same as in the corner with pressure.
Hands down, the armour spell.

The others have their uses, but the armour spell is likely to be used the most. The fact it's armour that just exists is insane, you can do whatever you want and any single hit you take is ignored. I don't know if it'll work airborne in the final build, but in the version I played, it was very strong.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hands down, the armour spell.

The others have their uses, but the armour spell is likely to be used the most. The fact it's armour that just exists is insane, you can do whatever you want and any single hit you take is ignored. I don't know if it'll work airborne in the final build, but in the version I played, it was very strong.
Can you confirm if armor Stacks or not?
For example, if you do a super in the armor spell, do you get two hits of armor.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It'll be interesting to see how the mix-up potential of Summoner stacks up against the sheer ignorance of Sorcerer. Warlock can fuck off.
Yea I agree. Warlock looks like the variation for casuals who think it's cool to do portal moves. Summoner and Sorcerer look like the real deal.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Can you confirm if armor Stacks or not?
For example, if you do a super in the armor spell, do you get two hits of armor.
Never had the chance to check dude, it was a while ago :(

The armour is only one hit though, so a double hitting move will go through it.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Never had the chance to check dude, it was a while ago :(

The armour is only one hit though, so a double hitting move will go through it.
The things you found for us all is still no doubt awesome!
That'll just be on my list of things to test.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'm looking forward to having an assist when most of the cast doesn't, actually i think as far as we know nobody else has an assist other than summoner Quan. Going to be one of the first characters I try out!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
What if Warlock will be used as the vortex variation? His strings that use portals might allow for bigger damage combos, and therefore be able to extend the combo further before doing trance into vortex setup. Assuming he has a string that leaves the opponent standing and at enough hit advantage for an unavoidable 50/50.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
My fellow Quans...

Please, don't fall into the Pre-MKX TYM madness. Don't write off Warlock, just yet.

From what I saw, he has a low grab and a full-screen grab that is blockable. I wonder though, if the full-screen grab has to be blocked standing? If so, you have a 50/50 off of any block string between low grab and the other. If either one juggles with the expenditure of meter, we in there.

This is only based on what I've seen, and may be completely wrong. We need to try out all three, I say.

Gamer68

Fujin!
In the new Cage Family trailer, you can see Quan Chi's alternate costume. It looks like a mix of his default MKX costume, and his MK4 costume. Here's a picture of it:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
If there's no Woolay in this game, can we change the name of general discussion to to: "You miserable sluts!" ???

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Summoner also gets one or two meter-burnable strings that launch, so you might want to use this as your vortex variation. You can get more damage out of a combo before you restand them with trance and jump in to do a string to guarantee a 50/50 follow up. I think he may be able to use portals after skulls to catch you trying to move afterwards. But I think myself and Ketchup were agreeing that Warlock immediately seems the weakest out of all variations.

mfkaoz

Banned
Summoner also gets one or two meter-burnable strings that launch, so you might want to use this as your vortex variation. You can get more damage out of a combo before you restand them with trance and jump in to do a string to guarantee a 50/50 follow up. I think he may be able to use portals after skulls to catch you trying to move afterwards. But I think myself and Ketchup were agreeing that Warlock immediately seems the weakest out of all variations.
Which sucks because Warlock was the one I was looking forward to the most :(

Status
Not open for further replies.