What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi (Old) Quan Chi Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how everyone is like "Ketchup didn't play bad. He only did THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS WRONG. But hey.......he had some decent zoning!"

It's not a diss to speak the truth. Ketchup played bad and that's okay. With more practice he'll get MUCH more dangerous and even exposed Outlaw Erron Black's weakness to zoning.

What I WON'T do is make excuses and pretend. Constructive critism will help him if he ever reads this more than saying tournament nerves which will always be there regardless.

I hope he sticks with Quan tho, I know I will. Hopefully I can make it to tournaments this year instead of watching and being jealous of everyone who got the game early.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
To be honest though, it was Sonic Fox who said Quan Chi is one of the few characters in the game who can't do shit whatsoever on knockdown. And he proved it. And he seems to know wtf he's doing moreso than anyone else when it comes to fighters in general let alone NRS fighters at this point. So I'd be worried.

Ketchup more or less did as well as anyone did against Sonic though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The extremely slow start up is the only thing really turning me off from this variation.
I think the best use of it is activating it off a knockdown.

Land a sweep, throw, or at the end of a combo then activate armor portal buff. Will give him annoying as hell wakeup pressure. Especially considering it should counter other character armor moves on their wakeup.

Can't wait to test it out in a real match.

D

Deleted member 9158

What were you guy's impressions after watching Ketchup use Quan Chi in Fatal 8?
we only saw one of his variations in action so it is hard to say. once again he appears to crumble in the corner... :(

gibster13

A fan of fans
All around Twitter people are saying that Quan chi has some of the best zoning they have seen. Perfect legend is one of these players. What variation and how? It must be good but I think Quan chi has some extremely hard execution. I am looking forward to the two styles of zoning being sorcerer and summoner. Warlock may have good zoning but it depends on the startup of his specials for the variation. What do you think will have the best zoning in terms of variation?

Summoner was shown off in the tournament, and although he got bodied by erron, I think that's because sonic fox's game plan was easier to execute, and with such a short time to practice that matters a lot more (not knocking sonic or ketchup. Just an observation).

Point is that the bat looks disgusting. The summon and then attack time is quick as hell and did a good job keeping erron out when he did setup. The main issue was he wasn't respecting the wakeup slide and not quite properly judging the overhead, and I think you should be able to get the bat out mid combo during trance from what i've seen. Also i'm still curious to see how mobility interactables pan out.

Anyways with a little polish/practice and matchup knowledge I can absolutely see it being oppressive as hell. Need to get my hands on it personally to really see what can and can't be done, but all the tools are there.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Summoner was shown off in the tournament, and although he got bodied by erron, I think that's because sonic fox's game plan was easier to execute, and with such a short time to practice that matters a lot more (not knocking sonic or ketchup. Just an observation).

Point is that the bat looks disgusting. The summon and then attack time is quick as hell and did a good job keeping erron out when he did setup. The main issue was he wasn't respecting the wakeup slide and not quite properly judging the overhead, and I think you should be able to get the bat out mid combo during trance from what i've seen. Also i'm still curious to see how mobility interactables pan out.

Anyways with a little polish/practice and matchup knowledge I can absolutely see it being oppressive as hell. Need to get my hands on it personally to really see what can and can't be done, but all the tools are there.
Mid combo bat sounds amazing. If it works that will change Quan chi. Great idea !

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Initially I only planned to use warlock , be meh about Sorcerer, and never touch summoner but those 5 seconds of great zoning Ketchup did actually looked pretty cool.i think I'm going to try out the character as a whole character now. besides with Jax only having one interesting variation I can afford to replace the effort I was going to put into him with Quan.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
After watching Fatal 8 I'm definitely pouring the most time into Quan at the start. His potential is clearly visible. As far as wake ups are concerned, I've been told numerous times wake ups are practically non existent without burning meter anyway.

Malec

Noob
After watching Fatal 8 I'm definitely pouring the most time into Quan at the start. His potential is clearly visible. As far as wake ups are concerned, I've been told numerous times wake ups are practically non existent without burning meter anyway.
the problem with the wakeup situation is, most chars have at least a safe wakeup meterburn option, Quan Chis has only his teleport (if it is like mk9 again at least) and its launch punishable on block...

mfkaoz

Banned
Can't wait to hit the lab tomorrow and find some dirt with Quan. What variation is everyone messing with first?

Status
Not open for further replies.