What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi (Old) Quan Chi Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfkaoz

Banned
warlock most likely, I'd really like to find a use for those cool portal attacks cause so far they dont seem tha impressive
From the combo videos I've seen Warlock looks to be his most damaging variation. I'll be testing it first because it was the one that caught my eye. It just looks so damn cool. I'll hit up Summoner and Sorcerer after.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
From the combo videos I've seen Warlock looks to be his most damaging variation. I'll be testing it first because it was the one that caught my eye. It just looks so damn cool. I'll hit up Summoner and Sorcerer after.
All I saw was a combo ending in a lame kick. then again I've been avoiding streams since all that does is drive me nuts since indon't have the game

mfkaoz

Banned
Sorcerer looks like it could be dirty in the corner. If Quan has a string that ends in a hard knockdown it'll hopefully give us enough time to pop up a rune and keep applying pressure. Since the green one gives him a hit of armor stuffing wakeups will be cake. I'm so hype dude I really think that Quan will be good even though he has no wakeups.

JRosa21

Noob
In my opinion, Warlock is Quan Chi's best variation followed closely by Summoner. That Sorcerer variation is for the birds, especially since you have to be in the portal to take advantage (startup is suuuuper slow). Plus...a portal for extra chip damage? I feel like that's such a waste.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I mean, I'm hoping WL is the best because it looks the most fun to me, but I'm not really expecting one to be better than the other. For all we know, they could ALL suck. :DOGE

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Can't wait to hit the lab tomorrow and find some dirt with Quan. What variation is everyone messing with first?
Definitely Summoner. I'm most interested in Warlock but Summoner to me looks like his goto variation... The mix-ups and zoning potential is just oustanding in my eyes outweighing the lack of no (known) wake ups.

JRosa21

Noob
I think his strengths lie in the zoning aspect. He has a decent 50-50 but neither string is safe without the use of meter so...eh. I'll keep working on some stuff.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
In my opinion, Warlock is Quan Chi's best variation followed closely by Summoner. That Sorcerer variation is for the birds, especially since you have to be in the portal to take advantage (startup is suuuuper slow). Plus...a portal for extra chip damage? I feel like that's such a waste.
This is how I feel... The start-up is fine its the recovery that takes forever.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Sorcerer looks like it could be dirty in the corner. If Quan has a string that ends in a hard knockdown it'll hopefully give us enough time to pop up a rune and keep applying pressure. Since the green one gives him a hit of armor stuffing wakeups will be cake. I'm so hype dude I really think that Quan will be good even though he has no wakeups.
I've confirmed with a sorce that Quan has a HKD string that starts in 7 frames :) so that gives a quick punish and a free armor rune or nether bat for a punish

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Anybody know how long Trance is active?

I see that its faster in this game, but I'm wondering if its active long enough for AA.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I almost guarantee you that won't be in the game after the day 1 patch. But if i'm wrong... and for one meter you can completely reset your combo?

:DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.