What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
We'll see about that ;)

And you would have Tezuka rd 1 KO. Racist.

I'm surprised I wasn't the only one picking Santiago though... people are acting like this is going to be Nelson's breakout into the top 10 and won't even give Santiago a chance haha.
I've gotten 0/4 fights correct so far... lol this is the worst predictions I've ever made. And I originally had Lee winning by submission but changed my mind last night lol.

Please Sass get the Sassangle.

Also I forgot this card was starting so early, so I guess I can watch it before I go out. Niiiiiice.

And actually I had Gunnar winning but changed my mind last night. Meaning Gunnar will now probably win since I changed my mind haha

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Jimmo was my main fight today.

SO CLOSE.... :(
Nope.

Also, fuck Gunnar's hype. 10 more seconds and he was getting KO'd. I gave Santiago first and third rounds too.

I better do well on the next 3 fights. So far I'm not looking too good on this card minus the upset pick of Ogle.

Big Frog

Noob
Not gonna lie, I left in the middle of the third round between Jimmo and Te Huna.

Kind of glad I didn't pay for this one...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
We all got fucked this past weekend lol. None of us got more than 4/12.

Anyway, I'm procrastinating hella on homework so I made all my predictions for like the next 6 UFC events because I can

Big Frog

Noob
What shocks me the most rev is the picking of Silva over Stann. I love Wandy, don't get me wrong, but all you have to do is flick him and he goes down now. Unless Stann respects him too much, he will bring the pain.

Looking forward to this weekend finally. I am in favor of the women, so it will be a treat.

I think Koscheck is just going to wrestle Lawler, Shaub is going to sleep, and I like Bermudez over Grice.

Sadly, Urijah hasn't been too impressive to me in some time, but I'd like to see him win.

I love me some Hendo, and it should be a good fight unless Lyoto has some say in it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If I win you change your pic to Roy Nelson's belly for two weeks.
No

What shocks me the most rev is the picking of Silva over Stann. I love Wandy, don't get me wrong, but all you have to do is flick him and he goes down now. Unless Stann respects him too much, he will bring the pain.

Looking forward to this weekend finally. I am in favor of the women, so it will be a treat.

I think Koscheck is just going to wrestle Lawler, Shaub is going to sleep, and I like Bermudez over Grice.

Sadly, Urijah hasn't been too impressive to me in some time, but I'd like to see him win.

I love me some Hendo, and it should be a good fight unless Lyoto has some say in it.

A lot of my picks have to do with who I like more than who I think will win. I want Wanderlei to get another good KO before he retires.

I HATE Koscheck. Probably my bottom 3 most hated fighters are Koscheck, Faber, and Chael. So that's another one of just who I want.

Schaub is one of the most underrated HWs while Johnson is one of the most overrated HWs. Don't get me wrong, I like them both, but Johnson has shit conditioning and is all standup, while Schaub is a great athletic and well rounded HW and I can see him looking for takedowns.

CRUM

Noob

I agree with everything you said. Stann via KO, Kos via UD, Johnson via KO, Bermudez via KO or Sub, Faber by UD and Machida via KO.

Big Frog

Noob
Very understandable, Rev. For sure, but I just don't agree with Shaub. I let the Roy KO thing slide (Roy hits pretty hard), but getting owned by Geezer Nog and then how that Big Ben fight went down (Real Life Soul Steal), I just don't see him handling Lavar's power. Unless he shoots for a takedown RIGHT away, no bullshit. If he gets Lavar down, then yeah Shaub has this. He needs a win bad.

I definitely see why people utterly HATE Kos, but I don't know. I like watching him fight for some reason.

And I'm tired of Urijah. I used to like him, but I think I'm just sick of Team Alpha Male altogether now.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I am more confident about Schaub winning than most of my other picks. Lavar has no ground game and no conditioning. If this goes past round 1 I am 99% sure Schaub will get it.

Also..... Jon Fitch was cut from the UFC. CitizenSnips one bad word and I will kill you in your sleep.

CRUM

Noob
I am more confident about Schaub winning than most of my other picks. Lavar has no ground game and no conditioning. If this goes past round 1 I am 99% sure Schaub will get it.

Also..... Jon Fitch was cut from the UFC. CitizenSnips one bad word and I will kill you in your sleep.
I think you're underestimating Johnson's ability to land one good shot on Schaub's chin. A punch at half strength from Johnson and Schaub is going to sleep.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think you're underestimating Johnson's ability to land one good shot on Schaub's chin. A punch at half strength from Johnson and Schaub is going to sleep.
I'm well aware of Johnson's punching power, but there's a reason pure power strikers like him consistently lose to the more complete fighters.

We'll see what happens

CRUM

Noob
I'm well aware of Johnson's punching power, but there's a reason pure power strikers like him consistently lose to the more complete fighters.

We'll see what happens
I get your philosophy, but I prefer the "all fights start on the feet" philosophy a little bit better.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.

Yeah... stupid cuts. Etim, Sass, Fitch, and Volkmann should not have been cut.

And if Schaub stands with Lavar, he's gonna be reaching for his soul again.

EDIT: Dude... Siyar is NOT submitting DHK. Are you serious lolololololololol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah... stupid cuts. Etim, Sass, Fitch, and Volkmann should not have been cut.

And if Schaub stands with Lavar, he's gonna be reaching for his soul again.

EDIT: Dude... Siyar is NOT submitting DHK. Are you serious lolololololololol

The only one I kinda agree with is Etim. He looked horrible last week.

And yes I am serious about siyar. Stop being a racist