What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
The only one I kinda agree with is Etim. He looked horrible last week.

And yes I am serious about siyar. Stop being a racist
Etim is very young though. Even though he didn't look that good he still has lots of potential and is good slap on the UFC cards that happen in Europe.

And I can agree with Siyar maybe KOing DHK. But there is no way he will win by submission... DHK has some of the best judo in the UFC and is a master at grapplefucking. Siyar has nasty striking but his ground game is a big weakness.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Etim is very young though. Even though he didn't look that good he still has lots of potential and is good slap on the UFC cards that happen in Europe.

And I can agree with Siyar maybe KOing DHK. But there is no way he will win by submission... DHK has some of the best judo in the UFC and is a master at grapplefucking. Siyar has nasty striking but his ground game is a big weakness.
If dhk has such a great ground game why does his body fuck him up with muscle spasms? Seems like a big weakness in his game. Siyar by easy submission.

Snips only picks Koreans because he's a racist

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Hey guys Dana White is on Joe Rogan's podcast and it's pretty awesome. http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan
I'll have to listen to the archive. Dana White's awesome and easily the best boss of any organization I've seen. I don't watch press conferences to hear what the fighters have to say, I want to hear Dana rant about judges and refs and shit.

The cut today was really interesting though... yeah a couple of them deserved to be let go, but it's too many good guys to blame it one disputes or someone acting up or anything. Perhaps the UFC is trying to raise their standards as their roster starts to overflow. I still agree with cutting Etim though. He's only won 1 of his last 4 fights and against a guy who shouldn't have been in the UFC in the first place. He hadn't fought since the Barboza KO and I expected him to come back with a vengeance, but nope. Renee Forte dominated him everywhere.

I am mad Janitor is gone though... his fights are always hype whether he's winning or losing.

CitizenSnips

If dhk has such a great ground game why does his body fuck him up with muscle spasms? Seems like a big weakness in his game. Siyar by easy submission.

Snips only picks Koreans because he's a racist
It's true I always pick the Koreans to win. If KZ ends up fighting Aldo I'll pick KZ to win although I expect Aldo to beat him.

Hyun Gyu Lim is being hyped up by Korean Top Team so hopefully he is legit.

And Kyung Ho Kang is an entertaining fighter although I do not think he's as good as his teammates.

UFC needs to sign Doo Ho Choi. Very young (21 years old) FW fighter with a 10-1 record.

CRUM

Noob
I'll have to listen to the archive. Dana White's awesome and easily the best boss of any organization I've seen. I don't watch press conferences to hear what the fighters have to say, I want to hear Dana rant about judges and refs and shit.

The cut today was really interesting though... yeah a couple of them deserved to be let go, but it's too many good guys to blame it one disputes or someone acting up or anything. Perhaps the UFC is trying to raise their standards as their roster starts to overflow. I still agree with cutting Etim though. He's only won 1 of his last 4 fights and against a guy who shouldn't have been in the UFC in the first place. He hadn't fought since the Barboza KO and I expected him to come back with a vengeance, but nope. Renee Forte dominated him everywhere.

I am mad Janitor is gone though... his fights are always hype whether he's winning or losing.
From what I hear they have too many fighters on their roster as it is. So expect to see even more cuts as more events take place. There's a rumor that their downsizing their amount of events for the remainder of the year as well. Not sure if it's true but it would at least make sense.

Also how about King Mo getting KO'd badly in Bellator tonight.

CitizenSnips

From what I hear they have too many fighters on their roster as it is. So expect to see even more cuts as more events take place. There's a rumor that their downsizing their amount of events for the remainder of the year as well. Not sure if it's true but it would at least make sense.

Also how about King Mo getting KO'd badly in Bellator tonight.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
My bad dude I will put them in spoilers next time!
Lol it's cool. I watched it today though and daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn king mo got put in his place. It reminded me of the Bigfoot fight. You have to respect every person you get in the cage with.

All first or second round finishes on the main card was great to see though.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Oh lord...i've only said these extreme words about a handful of special women in my life...but damn i wanna be inside of Ronda Rousey so bad.

But OT, i think she needs to work on her standup, she's further solidifying her "arm bar fighter" status. No fucks should be given if she keeps winning on the ground though...

Didn't watch the Machida fight but i expected Hendo to pull it off, supposedly it was a close fight. Next stop Tex for Machida?

CitizenSnips

Heard Machida/Hendo sucked. Heard Carmouche had Rousey in trouble early
Don't click if you don't want some spoilers

Machida v. Hendo was ok. If you were expecting a war then you'd be disappointed. It was similar to Machida v. Rampage.

And yeah surprisingly Carmouche almost had Rousey in a neck crank and RNC. But then classic Ronda armbar. It was an exciting fight but only because Carmouche didn't just get tossed around and armbarred immediately.

The rest of the card was absolutely fantastic. You HAVE to watch Dennis Bermudez v. MAtt Grice. One of the best fights of the year, and possible FOTY candidate even though it is only February.

Also congrats rev0lver at Winter Brawl! Also I am following you on the Tapology site so you should follow me too.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Thanks Snips! I'll do that next time I'm on there

I got to watch this today since I was at Winter Brawl during the event. The Hendo-Machida fight was terribly boring... but yeah overall it was a pretty good night.

The commentators thought that the Koscheck fight was stopped too early but I actually agree with the call. He wasn't trying to do anything about those punches.

And jesus christ that Grice-Bermudez fight....... it's been a looooong time since I saw something that amazing. Talk about a fucking iron chin.

I did pretty well on my picks this weekend though especially compared to that disaster on Fuel TV. From the 3 I missed one of them was only because I hate Faber and one of them is a FOTY candidate.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If anyone watched that Kang-Caceres fight... that was clearly an illegal knee. I can't believe that wasn't caught. It was an awesome fight though.

Really looking forward to this Hunt-Struve fight

coolwhip

Noob
Funnily enough, the most interesting fight on this card (for me) is the one with the most potential to be a snoozefest: Okami vs Lombard. Hector's highlight reel is misleading and makes people think he's this super aggressive guy. He's really not. If he touches you, you're dead, but he's generally a touch passive, and if he doesn't finish you in the first round, it's going to be an ugly decision where he does very little. If Okami doesn't get caught early, I think he wins a clinch-fest, but I'm still interested in the fight stylistically.

coolwhip

Noob
^^ Would really love for Wanderlei to win, but that's one risky bet. His chin is shot, he doesn't recover nearly as well as he used to, and he's lost a lot of his speed and explosiveness. Hope I'm wrong.