What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I HATE Tyron's style, but he looked sooo angry last night throwing those GnP shots. Got DAMN
It's funny. People who just watch the UFC will be thinking that Woodley is a KO machine and same thing with Ryan Jimmo with his 5 second KO debut.

But Woodley had a bit of a bad rep for being a boring wrestler while in Strikeforce, and Ryan Jimmo has been known to be in some slooooooow fights.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, Woodley's going to be grapplefucking his division but it was nice to see such an exciting debut.

I'm going to give my predictions for Fuel TV 7 early just because I'm all hyped up on UFC stuff right now and I'm procrastinating on homework while not even watching the superbowl. I'm actually more excited for this card than 157, believe it or not.

Mcdonald vs Barao - McDonald (1st round KO/TKO). He's one of the most technical strikers in the UFC right now, but he can also be active off his back and even if it goes further than the first, has the conditioning to keep up with Barao. Barao has to take him down, but McDonald has the tools to prevent that and I know he'll be looking to strike as soon as he can.

Swanson vs Porier - Porier (2nd round submission). Swanson is no joke, but Porier has been on a roll. Even with his loss to TKZ the fight was awesome enough for it not to drop him very far.

Manuwa vs Diabate - Manuwa (1st round KO/TKO). I actually like Diabate and think he looked great in his last fight, but Manuwa is one of the top newcomers to the UFC and I think this is his chance to make him a serious contender. He has incredible power and I have no doubt he'll come out swinging. He beat the SHIT out of Kingsbury. He does, however, lack a ground game and this will truly test how well rounded he is if Diabate takes him down, so I won't be surprised if he gets submitted.

Nelson vs Santiago - Santiago (Decision). This is an interesting one. Nelson is trying to make a name for himself but doesn't have the experience yet, while Santiago is an experienced guy who has done well everywhere but in the UFC. I think this is a good matchup for Santiago to put himself in here now though.

Te-Huna vs Jimmo - Te-Huna (2nd round KO/TKO). Jimmo's great at wearing people out but Te-Huna is the shit so fuck him.

Mills vs Riddle - Mills (Decision). Riddle is solid, but he's never impressed me that much. Mills' TKO of Chris Cope is one of my favorites, but I think Riddle can stay in there for longer.

Prelims

Etim vs Forte - Etim (2nd round Submission). Etim's probably still recovering after being caught with that awesome head kick KO, but I don't know much about this other guy so I'll give him a submission win.

Sass vs Castillo - Sass (1st round Submission). I don't know what this fight's doing in the prelims because both are awesome fighters. Sass's grappling is some of the best out there right now though so I'm counting on him to overcome Castillo, but it can go either way. Castillo has wins over Joe Stevenson, Dustin Porier, and Ricardo Lamas so he can't be slept on by any means.

Ogle vs Grispi - Ogle (Decision). We all know Grispi got fucked by going from #1 contender to being almost on his way out, but I'm going to say he's on his way out. Ogle looked great in TUF and I think he can pull an upset here.

Watson vs Nedkov - Nedkov (2nd round KO/TKO). This is a really great matchup and I hope it's not overlooked. I love the eastern Europeans though so I'll be pulling for Nedkov to take a finish.

Lee vs Tezuka - Lee (Decision). Tezuka lost to Bruce Leeroy. I won't say any more.

Harris vs Gomez - Gomez (Decision). I can't judge either of them too well, so this is more of a guess, but I'll cut Gomez a break since his only UFC loss is to Moraga and Moraga is awesome.

Big Frog

Noob
It's funny. People who just watch the UFC will be thinking that Woodley is a KO machine and same thing with Ryan Jimmo with his 5 second KO debut.

But Woodley had a bit of a bad rep for being a boring wrestler while in Strikeforce, and Ryan Jimmo has been known to be in some slooooooow fights.
Yeah exactly. Although I'm a Jimmo fan, but yeah. I just get annoyed with Woodley and his loud ass mom. When Nate rocked his shit I could of cried.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So this is interesting

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Rather than Sherdog we have UFC site rankings now.

I'm not sure on how I feel about some of these. Edgar #9 pound for pound but #4 lightweight? I also don't like how people are hyping up Scott Jorgensen just because he came back in a fight he was losing when it wasn't a fighter he should be losing to.

Dammit Snips I was already posting this and looking over that stuff. Go away. Fucker.

Big Frog

Noob
Can't get into rankings.

I'm a huge Jorgensen fan though. All the way back in WEC. I became a lifetime fan when he basically HUNG Chad George.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can't get into rankings.

I'm a huge Jorgensen fan though. All the way back in WEC. I became a lifetime fan when he basically HUNG Chad George.
I'm not saying he's bad. But he got bodied by John Albert for 2 rounds and slipped a choke in and now he's getting all hyped up again. If it weren't for that he probably would be out of the UFC and now people put him towards the top of his division lol

Big Frog

Noob
I tried to forget about the Prince Albert thing. He comes to fight though, Dana loves that shit. Look at Pat Barry. He or Dan Hardy could of been out of the UFC a long time ago, but I guess they just like how guys come to fight. You're right though, Scott does look soft sometimes.

Although, Scott did look so much better last time he fought because he stopped taking that skin medicine.

CRUM

Noob
It's almost like Jorgensen and Wineland switched positions when they fought. Jorgensen was knocking at the door and Wineland was on a two or three-fight losing streak. Pretty interesting, although I do agree that Jorgensen is being overrated.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I hope I'll be able to catch some of it. Anyone know the start time? I'm going to a MK tourney in Connecticut and it's a wonderful 3 hour drive.
Prelims at 12:15pm EST, main card at 3pm EST. If you're able to avoid spoilers you could prob find it on TPB or something later.

CRUM

Noob
Prelims at 12:15pm EST, main card at 3pm EST. If you're able to avoid spoilers you could prob find it on TPB or something later.

friggin UK UFC cards and their early start times. Yeah I'll find some way to watch it afterward.

CRUM

Noob
All main card KO's? Bitch u srs?

lol this card is awesome though. at least someone's getting KTFO'd tomorrow.
The only ones I'm a little iffy about are Jimmo (decision machine) and Gunnar Nelson. I think Nelson will probably get the decision cause there's no way he's submitting Santiago. But Santiago has a glass jaw so we'll see what happens.

Big Frog

Noob
Very excited for this even though it's at 3 pm here. I'm most excited for Jimmo because I'm a huge fan of his. All good fights though for a free card.

Gunnar is going to destroy Jorge btw. If he doesn't, I will be shocked.

Big Frog

Noob
I don't know, man. I'm usually on the "this guy is too hyped" wagon with most, but Gunnar just seems whacked in the head. Mix his skills with Jorge's glass chin = not good.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.

I'm going to miss all of the fights that happen after like 6:00 pm EST :( .

The Poirer/Swanson and Santiago/Gunnar fights are tough to call. Also, Diabate is one of the nastiest strikers and the only reason I have Manuwa winning the fight is because Diabate is old, skillwise I think Diabate is a better striker than Manuwa

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Nevermind, I just found out that they are rebroadcasting it on Fuel at 8pm tonight. Stay free rev0lver :p

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The Poirer/Swanson and Santiago/Gunnar fights are tough to call. Also, Diabate is one of the nastiest strikers and the only reason I have Manuwa winning the fight is because Diabate is old, skillwise I think Diabate is a better striker than Manuwa
We'll see about that ;)

And you would have Tezuka rd 1 KO. Racist.

I'm surprised I wasn't the only one picking Santiago though... people are acting like this is going to be Nelson's breakout into the top 10 and won't even give Santiago a chance haha.