What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
mannnnn facebook's video player slowing down my laptop made me only see bits and pieces of the beginning of the second round ;_;

Camus better beat Kimura though. Kimura weighed in at 139 and refused to try and cut 3 lbs to prevent the catchweight. I don't like that.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
i have a facebook group that im a admin on where i post up links to the event. for obvious reasons i cant post the link to the group here but if ur interested in joining the group hit me up. some of the mk guys are already apart of the group you can ask rev0lver he can vouch for me.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Fuck you all for being Fitch haters i hope maia gets his ass kicked tonight

edit: yeah i'll vouch for Natas's group. i dont even have a tv here to watch the fx/fox/fuel/whatever prelims so it helps a lot

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't know why people hate on Fitch -- he may not be a knockout artist, but you can't argue with his track record and he beats people up in every fight.

He's just a solid fighter all-around.

Camus better beat Kimura though. Kimura weighed in at 139 and refused to try and cut 3 lbs to prevent the catchweight. I don't like that.
Sorry man :( Haha. Kimura looks great

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I know Kimura came in overweight but I am glad he won. Camus was fighting stupid and Kimura looks like he has a great ground game and is very young. Just make weight next time!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Camus had that at the beginning of the first round... people need to pounce more when they get those big strikes in. That could've been a quick tko win.

I still don't like when a newcomer doesn't make weight in his first UFC fight though. It shows a lack of discipline imo

CitizenSnips

Camus had that at the beginning of the first round... people need to pounce more when they get those big strikes in. That could've been a quick tko win.

I still don't like when a newcomer doesn't make weight in his first UFC fight though. It shows a lack of discipline imo
I don't think Kimura was that hurt. And it's a slippery slope when it comes to pouring it on to get the finish. What if he went balls out and gassed? Then we'd be saying "Camus should have been more conservative and not go apeshit"

All in all I think Camus' big issue is his lack of fight IQ. Not capitilazing at all on the knockdown, and continuously trying to take Kimura down. Made no sense. It was like when Kongo was knocking down Velasquez over and over but then trying to take him down. Fight IQ is very important.

CitizenSnips

Also, I believe this is the first time Kimura went down to 135 lbs. Might have fucked up the weight cut. Hopefully doesn't happen again

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't think Kimura was that hurt. And it's a slippery slope when it comes to pouring it on to get the finish. What if he went balls out and gassed? Then we'd be saying "Camus should have been more conservative and not go apeshit"

All in all I think Camus' big issue is his lack of fight IQ. Not capitilazing at all on the knockdown, and continuously trying to take Kimura down. Made no sense. It was like when Kongo was knocking down Velasquez over and over but then trying to take him down. Fight IQ is very important.
That's when you use armor idiot.

Camus did a good job at defending most of the time. But yeah I agree there was no reason to take him down with his solid standup.

CRUM

Noob
So...many...upsets.

Props to JoeB, Maia, Bigfoot and Lil Nog on their wins. Props to Aldo as well but I'm upset that Frankie didn't get the nod. The dude has so much heart, but he just can't catch a break. All in all I was not that impressed by this card.

JoeB gets Dodson next
Maia gets Siyar next
Bigfoot gets the winner of Hunt/Struve
Lil Nog gets Thiago Silva next
Aldo gets either TKZ or Lamas

Man Maia was dominant as all hell tonight. Completely took Fitch out of his game. Overeem was wayyyy overconfident and was punished for his cockiness. Evans performance was upsetting and I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits. That's it for now.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Called it!

Overeem is such a fraud. Most overhyped and overrated fighter of all time.

A decade later and he still has the same crap chin and dat same fatman cardio. Such a terrible waste of talent and skill.

On the other hand Big foot never gets credited on his smarts, i've always seen him as a very intelligent fighter, slow like goddamn frankenstein but smart.

Couldn't see the aldo fight but yeah frankie probably got demolished...and yeah i agree rashad should rethink his career right about now, no shame in losing to Nog, but shit man...

Would love to see Reem v JDS.

CitizenSnips

Called it!

Overeem is such a fraud. Most overhyped and overrated fighter of all time.

A decade later and he still has the same crap chin and dat same fatman cardio. Such a terrible waste of talent and skill.

On the other hand Big foot never gets credited on his smarts, i've always seen him as a very intelligent fighter, slow like goddamn frankenstein but smart.

Couldn't see the aldo fight but yeah frankie probably got demolished...and yeah i agree rashad should rethink his career right about now, no shame in losing to Nog, but shit man...

Would love to see Reem v JDS.
Ehh... Reem was winning the whole fight and was looking very dominant. Reem might be a little overrated but he is still clearly top 10.

Aldo v. Edgar was actually a very close fight.

And yeah, Reem v. JDS would be awesome.

Death

Noob
Edgar won the fight. he won rounds 3-5.

I knew overeem was going to get KOd. He lost the stand up to Werdum back in SF. I knew it was a matter of time a good striker would ko him. Maia is a beast.

CitizenSnips

Edgar won the fight. he won rounds 3-5.

I knew overeem was going to get KOd. He lost the stand up to Werdum back in SF. I knew it was a matter of time a good striker would ko him. Maia is a beast.
I had Edgar winning 49-46 or 48-47. If Edgar won it would have purely been on points which is kinda bullshit imo especially considering that Aldo was landing the heavier shots.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Ehh... Reem was winning the whole fight and was looking very dominant. Reem might be a little overrated but he is still clearly top 10.

Aldo v. Edgar was actually a very close fight.

And yeah, Reem v. JDS would be awesome.
I dunno man...what quality fighter has he beaten recently?

Lesnar was, is and will always be a joke.
The Werdum fight was literally the worst fight i've seen in my life and he looked unimpressive.
And all the previous one were against a bunch of bums.

He hasn't had a quality win in over 7 or 8 years when he first beat Vitor.

My top 10 right now are:

1. Cain
2. JDS
3. Carwin (underrated as hell)
4. Cormier
5. Mir
6. Big Nog
7. Roy Nelson
8.Barnett
9. Overeem
10. Struve

Yeah i got him top 10 but in all honesty he still has much to prove...

CitizenSnips

The Werdum fight was literally the worst fight i've seen in my life and he looked unimpressive.

My top 10 right now are:

1. Cain
2. JDS
4. Cormier
5. Mir
6. Big Nog
7. Roy Nelson
8.Barnett
9. Overeem
10. Struve

Shit on Lesnar all you want but he KO'd Couture, Mir and submitted Carwin. So he finished 2 people you have in your top 10...

My HW top 10 looks like this:

1. Cain
2. Cormier
3. JDS
4. Bigfoot
5.Werdum
6. Overeem
7. Mir
8. Barnett
9. Big Nog
10. Struve

Death

Noob

My top 10 right now are:

1. Cain
2. JDS
4. Cormier
5. Mir
6. Big Nog
7. Roy Nelson
8.Barnett
9. Overeem
10. Struve

Get out of here. Lesnar was hella good. He did have weak stand up but his disease is what hurt him in the long run. After the 2nd mir fight he wasn't the same.