What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
CitizenSnips coolwhip i am a big Gustafsson fan and even though i knew Latifi had no real chance I had to go with the teammate.

I also originally had Akira and Brandao since I liked them on TUF but switched them. I thought Peralta was the only sure-fire win and somehow that didn't happen.
Lol I hate when that happens. Actually I had Amagov winning at first then switched to Spang for some reason. Should always go with the first pick haha

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
HUGE UFC fan. I train MMA myself. Its great its the only thing that I obsess more over than MK. Fav fighters are pat barry, GSP, nate marquardt, Rory Macdonald.

Macdaddy

Where and how long have you been training?
Toronto at a place called the scrapyard. And almost 1 year. My BJJ is coming along but my striking still needs a lot of work imo. Nowhere near competition level, going to a BJJ tourny this saturday though.

CitizenSnips

Toronto at a place called the scrapyard. And almost 1 year. My BJJ is coming along but my striking still needs a lot of work imo. Nowhere near competition level, going to a BJJ tourny this saturday though.
Nice. Good luck dude. I entered 2 BJJ tournies with little experience and I got destroyed the first one and placed 3rd in gi on the second. Since then I have joined a legit MMA gym and hope to continue competing in grappling. I used to wrestle in highschool so I have some grappling knowledge and feel that I understand BJJ concepts quite well during training. But like you, my striking sucks haha

Macdaddy

Nice. Good luck dude. I entered 2 BJJ tournies with little experience and I got destroyed the first one and placed 3rd in gi on the second. Since then I have joined a legit MMA gym and hope to continue competing in grappling. I used to wrestle in highschool so I have some grappling knowledge and feel that I understand BJJ concepts quite well during training. But like you, my striking sucks haha
Yeah its really awesome, im really obsessed with BJJ. It sounds really nerdy and strange but its a lot like MK (my friend and I joke about this all the time), just with depth and learning curve, creativity, repetitions and stuff. I wrestled in high school as well, I go to 100% of my no-gi jits classes and like 25% of my muay thai classes. I really like muay thai but jits has me so intrigued ill drop anything to go. Good luck yourself; I've noticed the fighting game community seems to be more physically active than other gaming communities i.e sc2 haha.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466071.395640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466084.125502.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466110.929879.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466120.529495.jpg

And for all the Jon Jones fanboys, remember UFC 151 when he chickened out against an out of shape untrained Sonnen, this is for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466170.346710.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365466186.627819.jpg

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Sonnen has no chance against Jones. This is pretty free for him. I'm more looking forward to a future Gustafsson or Mousasi matchup for him

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Sonnen has no chance against Jones. This is pretty free for him. I'm more looking forward to a future Gustafsson or Mousasi matchup for him
Doesn't matter if Jones bashes his skull into dust, he will always be remembered as the guy that screwed the fans, his fellow fighters, the company, the vendors, etc. because he was too chicken shit too fight a guy that would has only had less than a week training camp while he had months. Sonnen got my respect for that all within itself.

Id like to see Jones fight in the HW division and see what he does there. His reach wouldn't mean squat which is the only thing that is phenomenal about him.

He will never be the GOAT as long as Silva doesn't tarnish himself and retires on top.

CitizenSnips

Doesn't matter if Jones bashes his skull into dust, he will always be remembered as the guy that screwed the fans, his fellow fighters, the company, the vendors, etc. because he was too chicken shit too fight a guy that would has only had less than a week training camp while he had months. Sonnen got my respect for that all within itself.

Id like to see Jones fight in the HW division and see what he does there. His reach wouldn't mean squat which is the only thing that is phenomenal about him.

He will never be the GOAT as long as Silva doesn't tarnish himself and retires on top.
Lol. I agree that Jones should have just stepped up and fought Sonnen when he was a late replacement option, but even now- not even a year after that debacle, most people have either forgiven Jones or forgot about that. Jones is already top 3/4 LHW of all time and chances are he will rack up so many top 10 wins over his career that he will either become the GOAT or definitely be within the top 3.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
He needs to beat a top 10 guy first. He got stomped by Mir and JDS and so far he has no win over top 10.

Btw here's the gif of Jones breaking his toe

Sonnen got a back to back title matches, and he only beat Bisping and Stann before that. I think Roy has earned himself a title shot.

Edit: Btw you beat me to posting that link lol.

CitizenSnips

Sonnen got a back to back title matches, and he only beat Bisping and Stann before that. I think Roy has earned himself a title shot.
Sonnen got his second Anderson fight by beating Stann and Bisping, both were in the top 10 (although Stann imo isn't truly top 10). Sure, the Jones fight was ridiculous, but that was just a bizarre situation.

No more ridiculous title shots please! Beat a top 10 fighter, that should be the bare minimum for a title shot. Some exceptions should be made for injuries etc., but it's ridiculous that anyone should get a title shot without beating a top 10 fighter. Especially with "official" UFC rankings

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Sonnen got his second Anderson fight by beating Stann and Bisping, both were in the top 10 (although Stann imo isn't truly top 10). Sure, the Jones fight was ridiculous, but that was just a bizarre situation.

No more ridiculous title shots please! Beat a top 10 fighter, that should be the bare minimum for a title shot. Some exceptions should be made for injuries etc., but it's ridiculous that anyone should get a title shot without beating a top 10 fighter. Especially with "official" UFC rankings
Well, now I'm hearing that Dana wants to set up a fight for Nelson against Cormier. I would think if Roy wins that fight, then he could get a title shot after that, but that's a real tough match to call

CitizenSnips

Well, now I'm hearing that Dana wants to set up a fight for Nelson against Cormier. I would think if Roy wins that fight, then he could get a title shot after that, but that's a real tough match to call
Yep just heard that too. Also I'm tired of them teasing the Anderson super fights.

Honestly the HW division is a bit of a weird spot right now. I think really Mark Hunt if he were to beat JDS would deserve the shot the most. JDS imo should have to beat 2 guys before Cain, although I have a feeling he will get the rematch if he smashes Hunt. Werdum is pretty much completely forgotten right now, but he also should be very close to a title shot.

If Nelson were to KO Cormier that would almost guarantee him a title shot.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Yep just heard that too. Also I'm tired of them teasing the Anderson super fights.

Honestly the HW division is a bit of a weird spot right now. I think really Mark Hunt if he were to beat JDS would deserve the shot the most. JDS imo should have to beat 2 guys before Cain, although I have a feeling he will get the rematch if he smashes Hunt. Werdum is pretty much completely forgotten right now, but he also should be very close to a title shot.

If Nelson were to KO Cormier that would almost guarantee him a title shot.
Dana said whoever wins out of JDS and Hunt will get an immediate title shot.

CitizenSnips

Can I make fun of you picking a BJJ champion from the Gracie team to get submitted in the first round next weekend? That's like something stupid I'd pick.
Which fight is that? I'll be honest I don't know a few of the guys fighting on that card.