What's new

Official Mortal Kombat 1 Online Stress Test (Friday-Monday) Discussion

People who say they could do without kameos are like people who have a fridge full of food, but they say "I'll only eat asparagus." Okay bro, chew your asparagus, let the others feast.

As for the game. 30% or 40% combos are ok. But 65% combos need to go.
Chew your asparagus. Im done with this SFV/MK11 "damage by formula" nonsense. I want MK9/ST/MvC/KI/Samurai Showdown damage. When someone whiffs a wakeup i want to turn them inside out.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Loving the pace of the game so far on top of the endless combo/kamoe match ups.(CANNOT WAIT 4 FULL ROSTER) ....ima be sad af after this test ends . Also rest assured this game feels nowhere neaar slow!!!and ..If you know what you are doing of course. and utilzing kmos etc... iIf you think its that "slow" Then feel free to stick to SF6 :)

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Here's a couple lil combos! They aren't that good, like I said in the caption I'm a total casual when it comes to fighting games but this game is sooo much fun & I can definitely feel the difference from MK11 in terms of the freedom of what you can do & the potential!

I'm especially happy with the Kitana combo cuz even if it isn't the best, it still looks so swaggy. I love her in this game & I hope Mileena is just as fun & swaggy looking if not more so! I understand why there isn't a training mode for the stress test, but it'd be so much easier to practice combos if there were. Hopefully in the Beta (If I can pre-order it before August :()

Kokoko

Somehow
I have no idea what you are saying.
I'm talking about the fact that kameo characters provide a lot of additional opportunities. And some say "I even forgot that I have a kameo, I don't use it. Remove it from the game". Ok, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Do not decide for others that this is something not needed in the game. I'll use it and juice it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Also, the movement is sluggish. VERY sluggish. When Street Fighter is snappier and faster paced than you know something is wrong.
I feel the same way most but this, this is right on the money. I just finished playing SF6 and the game feels so amazing compared to MK1. I know it’s still an early build and what not but I hope they change a lot of stuff around cause if it stays like that, my mains better be fun to play or I’m gonna be a full on SF player lmao.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Got used to it after the first few matches, but the more I play, the slugginess feels so detrimental. Some strings and dashes feels like I'm wading through quicksand. Combos are satisfying when you get to it.

Nrs really needs to cut the cutscene throws or speed something up. Like let me move at least while Kano waddles his ass off screen besides my character just standing there awkwardly.

The game is so close to being there for me, just need them to speed it up and get me out the quicksand

subzert

Frozen Soul
My observations just from watching:
*A lot of combos which seem like they should work are getting dropped. I hope it is because of lack of practice and not because of netcode or slow game speed.

*A lot of rounds are going till the round time ends or very close... I'm not sure what to make of this, is it again because of slow game speed or just people playing defensive/lame.

*Fewer combo strings per character. Again not sure if people are using the few more often or are there just fewer basic combo strings.

*Slow down before finish him/her can come in the way of performing brutalities and stylish combo enders.

*A lot of matches are getting dropped... I attribute this to the early testing phase, Most certainly will get ironed out.

*Character and Kameos are not visible during character select screen in klassic towers mode. The tower is in the center and we select the character and Kameos. They could move the tower to left side and have character and Kameos stand on a floating island.

*the animations seem very smooth and stylish. The overall presentation including the UI is very stylish. The way fighters enter from side bushes during character select, the way they engage in prefight clash and dialogues. Very nice.

to the people who play, it looked liked they tamed the hitbox sizes by a chunk compared to the massive ones of mkx/11. no more full-screen covering limb-swinging?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Minor thing, but intros being in online and not in single player towers feels wrong. Unintended byproduct of sticking them in the loading screen I suppose. Hopefully that’s just a temporary thing, but I don’t know how they’ll fix that

Minor thing, but intros being in online and not in single player towers feels wrong. Unintended byproduct of sticking them in the loading screen I suppose. Hopefully that’s just a temporary thing, but I don’t know how they’ll fix that
Since I'm not playing Multi, I thought there were no intros in the Stress Test until I saw some footage showing otherwise.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Since I'm not playing Multi, I thought there were no intros in the Stress Test until I saw some footage showing otherwise.
What do you mean “since I’m not playing multi”? Are you saying you aren’t playing online in the… ahem… stress test?

Sucks we don’t have the lab, but I can try testing it out in the towers.
majority of my play time has been towers just figuring stuff out. it feels like if i hit like any attack button and assist button at the same time assist button takes priority every time

What do you mean “since I’m not playing multi”? Are you saying you aren’t playing online in the… ahem… stress test?
Whether you're playing Versus or Klassic Tower, you're still on their servers and "stressing" them.

My console is also on Wi-Fi and I don't want to do that to people :laughing:.