What's new

Official Harley and Deadshot Trailer

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Her face is fine. Been saying it awhile now...lighting wasn't finalized and things like ambient occlusion maps, reflection maps and other maps are not something you do right out the gates. We're super duper early. Not even in full beta here so of course her face and others will get weird lighting goin on when half the maps aren't settled yet to tell the game where to send shadows and highlights and when lighting in the engine isnt' fully tuned yet to avoid things like overcasting shadows or washing out faces.

Folks just like to get on board with outrage culture and act like they can tell whats up from early screens is all. If the model itself had wildly disproportionate features like super long neck, ultra wide shoulders, or stretched skull like in Injustice one then thats noteworthy, but the models ALL look fine. Textures get updates as you move along folks so yeah...move along folks. Nothing to complain about here in an early build that isn't on schedule with how these sorts of graphics evolve. If her reveal look was her 2 months from launch look then panic, but not now. This stuff is great for such an early footage.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Folks just like to get on board with outrage culture and act like they can tell whats up from early screens is all.
Absolutely... and you know what else no one is talking about... is that the game is going for "realistic rendering".... think about film stars with actual drop dead gorgeous actresses. You can find screenshots where they look hideous. In fact there are entire celebrity websites dedicated to hilariously bad looking freeze frames. I think in these kind of things is is more about how it looks in motion. The style of animation they are doing, has the same problems as reality... there are bad frames.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I want to buy this game i really really do but they're gonna fuck the balance up badly along the process somewhere :(

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yes, please! I wonder if there is someone who doesn't hate them.
Also, hoping it is only the inputs and not the actual comand grab they get rid of, not seeing it in the gameplay worried me a little.
That input is really fun on stick and I love it, I can see how pad users would find it hard though
Speaking of command grabs, I wonder if NRS will keep the MKX method of MB'ing command grabs to have them connect on hit, that was a welcome change in MKX imo.
No it was a terrible idea that defeats the whole point of tick throws and makes them braindead

trufenix

bye felicia
No it was a terrible idea that defeats the whole point of tick throws and makes them braindead
Because when I think braindead characters in MKX, the first ones that come to mind are Commando, Sun God, Relentless and Lackey.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Because when I think braindead characters in MKX, the first ones that come to mind are Commando, Sun God, Relentless and Lackey.
Advancing mid into a safe unblockable that works on hit or block is braindead, you just throw it out. Now imagine that in Injustice where D1s combo on hit and it gets even dumber. Again, defeats the whole point of a tick throw. Its bad universal grappling mehanics and the only reason they put it in MKXL is because they wanted to universally buff grapplers but were too lazy to fix random grab immunity instead

trufenix

bye felicia
Advancing mid into a safe unblockable that works on hit or block is braindead, you just throw it out. Now imagine that in Injustice where D1s combo on hit and it gets even dumber. Again, defeats the whole point of a tick throw. Its bad universal grappling mehanics and the only reason they put it in MKXL is because they wanted to universally buff grapplers but were too lazy to fix random grab immunity instead
Again, none of those characters are devastating and you will never win match with only b+1 xx wood chipper all day long. None of those variations are even the characters best (though Lackey comes close).

If it costs meter, who cares? Plenty of characters can do bullshit confirms when they have meter.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Again, none of those characters are devastating and you will never win match with only b+1 xx wood chipper all day long. None of those variations are even the characters best (though Lackey comes close).

If it costs meter, who cares? Plenty of characters can do bullshit confirms when they have meter.
Because I dont like the logic of "this bullshit is ok because tgere is worse bullshit elsewhere," that is bad game design and its how you end up with the hot mess that is MKXL

I play at least one grappler in every fighting game I play, and command grabs as a whole already are a very powerful tool in any fighting game, the drawback for tick throws is that they arent suppose to work on hit as well, the idea is you are only suppose to go for a tick throw if you know they will block. If Lackey could tick throw you on hit or block off D1 you would think its dumb, which is exactly how it would work in Injustice with D1s comboing on hit. Like I said, i guaruntee NRS only did that because they knew they werent going to fix random grab immunity in grounded attacks which is all command grabs need to be extremely powerful

trufenix

bye felicia
Because I dont like the logic of "this bullshit is ok because tgere is worse bullshit elsewhere," that is bad game design and its how you end up with the hot mess that is MKXL
You show me the game that was torn apart by tick throws and I will entertain the possibility that this is part of the downfall of MKX. I play grapplers as well, and MKX's tick game is still inferior to Smash, Tekken, KoF, and SF4 (have not played SF5) which are also not ruled entirely by grapplers (except every KoF that had Daimon in it).

Frustrating to lose to, yes. But not worth crippling 4 (FOUR) characters tools out of a hundred so you can have your grab immune theory cake and eat it too. The only one that was ever truly out of control was Erron Black and his was dealt with without damaging anyone elses.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You show me the game that was torn apart by tick throws and I will entertain the possibility that this is part of the downfall of MKX. I play grapplers as well, and MKX's tick game is still inferior to Smash, Tekken, KoF, and SF4 (have not played SF5) which are also not ruled entirely by grapplers (except every KoF that had Daimon in it).

Frustrating to lose to, yes. But not worth crippling 4 (FOUR) characters tools out of a hundred so you can have your grab immune theory cake and eat it too. The only one that was ever truly out of control was Erron Black and his was dealt with without damaging anyone elses.
What do you mean grab immunity theory cake lol are you saying fixing grab immunity wouldnt actually help grapplers at all? Do you think grundys problem was that his tick throws didnt work on hit? Thats not at all what held him back, it was grab immunity, I specifically used that to beat Tyrant at NEC in the injustice days. Command grabs should have a set of rules they follow, if you are on the ground you get grabbed, if not you dont. Simple. Good fighting games set rules for move types and stick to them, MKX does not.

I never said command grabs ruined MKX specifically, but they are one issue among many. Im sure you would agree that lots of mid hitting moves getting low profiled is an issue because the moves dont actually hit mid, or how parries are useless because of how inconsistant the rules around what type of attack is parryable vs what is not are. I dont care if tick throws still arent the best thing in the game, its just a poor design choice they made instead of fixing the real issues with grabs

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Diana looks fantastic now. She actually looks like a hybrid of Gal Gadot and Linda Carter. I love it. Props to NRS for figuring out how to make a proper female face. Here's to hoping the rest of the fucked up faces get the same treatment.