What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
MMH's teleport is mad punishable
(Not that it's a big deal, because Scorps and Batb**** have punishable ones too)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Scorpion is a non issue now, though. Batgirl can still trade one bola with us and get in for free, if not get a combo, and her teleport isn't beatable by any tool we have. Very different ballgame with those two. I think MMH will be a match we have to play cautiously and prudently, but probably very winnable.

MoldMan

Noob
Scorpion is a non issue now, though. Batgirl can still trade one bola with us and get in for free, if not get a combo, and her teleport isn't beatable by any tool we have. Very different ballgame with those two. I think MMH will be a match we have to play cautiously and prudently, but probably very winnable.
Yea scorps was never a issue for me , and MM teleport is punshiable its his anti rush down im worried about

haketh

Noob
Stop bringing up punishable tele like it's a factor, we should be thinking about smart MMs not yolo ones. So far it's hard to tell how his toolset is gonna interact with DS in a MU, he has some decent footsies strings it seems and good damge.

MoldMan

Noob
So MM is kinda hard for my scrub ass:(

What to do against GL? I block low and still finds away to force field me to death

MMH B3 is very good. His trait is very good.

If I was going to pick an anti zoner though I think batgirl or scorpion would be better.

His b1 and b2 aren't awesome, aka they are hard or impossible to hit confirm into big damage.

I don't think MMH really lends himself to mixups that are hit confirmable into big damage like ... batman, ww, superman, GL... no vortex ... I would put him below DS for sure

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Awesome another counter zoner,looks like DS is still getting punished for raping the casuals.But anyways I haven't played one yet, but when I do Ill give my opinion on the MU..... it looks like its gonna be bad.

Crathen

Death is my business
Well , turns out Deathstroke can't forward dash green lanterns b13xx close rocket , only way out of it is to either backdash the b1(3) here and punish or time the backdash to avoid the close rocket only to be at even frames with GL. #cool

drywall

Noob
Well , turns out Deathstroke can't forward dash green lanterns b13xx close rocket , only way out of it is to either backdash the b1(3) here and punish or time the backdash to avoid the close rocket only to be at even frames with GL. #cool
Nice find. I thought he would have been able to since his dash is one of the faster ones. Shit.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Reversal flip doesnt work?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
D1 into j3?just j3 if the kf player is Aa you you switch up to d1 ss or throw for safety and then when she stays blocking you can go into your b1/b2 50 50 or f3 if you feel gutsy

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4
what u mean d1 into j3? does that work vs kf?

and really? DS loses badly to NW?, how does batman do vs NW then?

and if u can't zone flash, how are u supposed to play against him then?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
and if u can't zone flash, how are u supposed to play against him then?
You have to know when you can safely use low gunshots and MB low gunshots and you have to threaten The Flash with certain normal attacks (i.e., 3, f+3, b+1, and b+2) when he does get too close.

But regardless what the fools in this forums tell you, Deathstroke has no chance in this match up. I have just finished playing Zyphox 's The Flash and I lost convincingly. No lag. No excuses. Using the trait, the Flash has a safe 50/50 mix up that does 60% of damage. He can
get in easily with the improved forward dash. Plus, you have to play with great caution at mid range because the charge whiff punishes everything and leads to a 30% combo.

Easy losing 7:3 match up. Even pre-patch Deathstroke would have problems fighting this version of The Flash.

I will push for Zyphox to be invited on the next Kryptonian Council Podcast, so that we can discuss this match up and many others.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
You have to know when you can safely use low gunshots and MB low gunshots and you have to threaten The Flash with certain normal attacks (i.e., 3, f+3, b+1, and b+2) when he does get too close.

But regardless what the fools in this forums tell you, Deathstroke has no chance in this match up. I have just finished playing Zyphox 's The Flash and I lost convincingly. No lag. No excuses. Using the trait, the Flash has a safe 50/50 mix up that does 60% of damage. He can
get in easily with the improved forward dash. Plus, you have to play with great caution at mid range because the charge whiff punishes everything and leads to a 30% combo.

Easy losing 7:3 match up. Even pre-patch Deathstroke would have problems fighting this version of The Flash.

I will push for Zyphox to be invited on the next Kryptonian Council Podcast, so that we can discuss this match up and many others.
the flash wins the MU but you don't know everything to do against the flash at the same time. basing it purely on how DS can't zone is a mistake. DS has that option select wake up that takes away a bunch of options for flash and they are both multi hit special which means i have to make a read which on if i want to MB b3 early. if i don;t pressure you on wake up then you can escape and be at a range that favors you, also you should look into find the best possible punish for MB LC when you duck it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
the flash wins the MU but you don't know everything to do against the flash at the same time. basing it purely on how DS can't zone is a mistake. DS has that option select wake up that takes away a bunch of options for flash and they are both multi hit special which means i have to make a read which on if i want to MB b3 early. if i don;t pressure you on wake up then you can escape and be at a range that favors you, also you should look into find the best possible punish for MB LC when you duck it.
We have to play some more, so I can learn.

I do agree that Deathstroke's wake up is strong versus The Flash.

Crathen

Death is my business
Reversal flip doesnt work?
Nope , iirc it only trades the first hit while you get hit by the missile ( and surprise surprise GL gets a MB lift into full combo ) and i'm not a fan of 2% vs 10%+knockdown trades in the first place.

The Flash matchup has to be played hit and run in the neutral game , make him respect LGS when he's out MB LC / LC range and when he's in that range mix it up with MB LGS to be safe , when he's 1 dash away you either take your chances and go in for a 50/50 or a jumping attack OR you try backing away , don't backdash , jump back and hit 3 if he dashes forward to keep you close , name of the game is making him impatient.

Trait can be used in this MU only when you get a fullscreen knockdown or the usual b1u2 d2 b3 into trait setup ( be warned tho if he doesn't techroll he can LC punish it , if he techrolls you can crouch it and punish so use this as a bait ).

Don't ever just throw it out because you're getting MB LC / LC on reaction anywhere on the screen ( fullscreen he can simply dash into LC on reaction ).

Saving grace in this MU is that flash has no wakeup answers to 23 ender into crossup 3/2 so abuse that if you want to keep pressure.

DS wakeups autocorrecting makes it easier to escape flash crossup shanenigans after knockdowns but know that you're riskying for 8%+knockdown or 9-19% vs a potential 50+ % if he baits it .

Still a bad matchup tho , mostly because his huge ass damage and because he gets in really fast.

Axel_Redd

isn't mb lgs just as unsafe as regular lgs?

and all his hard knock down strings give full screen right? or no?

what about sword flip? will that give u trait activation? which moves/strings will give u trait activation vs flash?

Axel_Redd

Nope , check the in game frame data. Lgs is -25 point blank / -16 fullscreen MB Lgs is -18 point blank / -9 fullscreen.
ah, ok. and the fact that u can meterburn it mid shot can catch em off guard too right? Lgs seems like it has this sweet spot where u can mb it just as its about to end, and they'll usually get caught.

also, when u get the 123 ender, couldn't u cross up with ji1? cuz thats what mikeman made that 1 vid about.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
ah, ok. and the fact that u can meterburn it mid shot can catch em off guard too right? Lgs seems like it has this sweet spot where u can mb it just as its about to end, and they'll usually get caught.

also, when u get the 123 ender, couldn't u cross up with ji1? cuz thats what mikeman made that 1 vid about.

XXX, 132 isn't as high damage as XXX, 1, 323, 23. They both both produce similar options.

Axel_Redd

oh, i forgot 23 was an ender, what strings do u usually use that ender with then?

Axel_Redd NW matchup is bad because you are always at a disadvantage against his staff stance no matter where you are.

I want to talk about the Flash because I went to a big florida tourney last night and a very good flash player showed up... the best flash I have seen to date. I friended him and played him about two dozen times between xboxlive and in person.

The tourney was won by marshallaw who came in second for PL's online tourney I was in top 8 playing ww and ds.

The runner up was a deathstroke main.

But anywayz....

Flash is irritating as shit to play because his combo starters b2 and f2 go under F3 so following up one of his block strings with MB F3 is inconsistent at best because you never know if F3 is going to hit front, back, or whiff completely.

So basically flash is going try to and mix you up with the following.

There is the overhead into mb trait 50%

There is the low into mb trait and 50%

But that's not what is going to fuck you up. His back 2 is fucking +4 on block and it moves the flash forward.

So it frame traps you with the low and.... mixups with the overhead.

But thats not all... his fucking MB charge is +3 on block so he can run the same frame trap mixup from half screen away.

Totally braindead bullshit.... anyway im going to the lab to work on this matchup

DS's frame trap mixups go into 32% or 16% flash's go into 50% and up... lol

So basically what I am trying to do is hit the end of flash's dash forward with B2 ... B1 ... or JF3 and try to frame trap off that and chipping with guns.

Playing DS you have to work much harder to win against the flash which is always a losing formula in tourney play.

general m2dave

Axel_Redd

i really don't know the flash mu or nw mu, as a matter of fact, i don't know the characters in general, so i don't know whta im dealing with.