What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well , turns out Deathstroke can't forward dash green lanterns b13xx close rocket , only way out of it is to either backdash the b1(3) here and punish or time the backdash to avoid the close rocket only to be at even frames with GL. #cool
Will relay this to the GL corps. :)

B_614

Noob
Anybody have any advice on countering Sinestro spammers? I'm having a hell of a time getting past the fear blast, i get bouldered trying to approach...

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
B_614

Boulder is pretty terrible. It's so slow that you can react to the start-up and dash forward to punish him with whatever you want. Even if you block it, high guns are a punish. High guns also punish fear blast once you get close enough. The EX version is safe so don't try to punish that, and I would advise walking/dashing over jumping.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Anybody have any advice on countering Sinestro spammers? I'm having a hell of a time getting past the fear blast, i get bouldered trying to approach...

You approach him like you approach a Deathstroke, or any keepaway character for that matter.

1. Block one projectile, dash forwards, crouch.
2. Observe next projectile. React accordingly.

Fear Blast? Repeat step 1
Boulder? 2 options: Stand guard, then dash in or reversal Quick Fire
Shackles? 2 options: Step 1 or reversal Quick Fire (if you're fast enough)

Just repeat until you're near him. Just watch out for the range on his normals.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
There's also a spacing around mid-range where low shots go under fear blast, so it's something to keep in mind.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I really need some advice with the Deathstroke/Flash matchup? I was playing EntwinedTodd flash today and It seemed like it was horrible. If I tried to zone he just came in like 2 dashes. How do I keep him out x_x. When I tried to rushdown, he simply d+2 and he was out of it like that.

The Slaj Jazz

I struggled against a good flash player a week ago.

Essentially they are just trying to get in and get you to block their b2 which leaves them at +4 on block.

So they can d1 into 50% combo or F2 into 50 combo.

A big part of deathstroke's game is the armor F3, like a player finishes a string that puts them at block disadvantage I armor F3 and hit confirm into full combo punish or on block I have a 50/50 overhead/low with b1 or b2.

The armor F3 strategy does not work against flash because if he just continually mashes b2, f2 then armor f3 will go over and whiff flash during those startup animations.

At the end of a flash string if they just hopelessly mash I would suggest a neutral jump 3 into 123 ninja vortex.

If they do not hopelessly mash I would use the armor F3 strategy but use it sparingly.

The same issue pops up when you try to just play footsies with F3.

So when I am playing footsies with any other character when they are in range I am F3 with MB vs flash that's a no no.

I started beating the flash player when I stopped using F3 as a zoning tool and started using JF3 I could not fully test the strategy because after I started using it, (and winning) the flash player quit playing me lol.....

Against flash I would J3 because his anti air is crap. J3 like an idiot. He doesn't have an answer for it.

I would always suggest using crossup jump ins on flash wakeup because if he blocks you have a 50/50 if he wake up attacks he moves himself full screen away.

Here is the difficult part of J3 if you hit flash with the very tip of J3 on block all your strings will whiff except 3 and B2.

So you can J3 B23F3 or just 3. 3 on block puts you at +4 on block but out of range to frame trap 32 puts you at -4. So those options at the tip of J3 are total garbage.

I don't think the D2 of Flash is good enough that it would require you to tip the J3 like Aquaman, KF, GL.

Also flash's MB charge is +3 on block if you duck the second hit of the charge it will whiff and is punishable in the air easiest punish is d2.

So just go for the big time J3 and frame trap with B2, B1, and F23. That would be advice based on the matchups I played.

B_614

Noob
Does anybody know why during a clash people make comments about Deathstroke's hair? I understand why it's said to Harley, but Deathstroke?

Crathen

Death is my business
So here's another MU tips video , this time is Wonder Woman wich IMO is slightly in WW favour but DS can fight back in this MU

I know for sure i've missed something i could add , like using trait after AA quickfires if they don't techroll ( and if they tech they can only Iadg ) and talking about Sword Stance 22 string and d1 but i didn't want to make it too long , oh and a reminder: WW d2 is pretty damn good AA so beware from where you jump , that along with her crouching hitbox being pretty low to the ground making j3 whiff if done too early

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Alright fellas. Fucking brass tacks. It's been four months and we know plenty, next patch be damned - let's fucking get down and do this. The matchup threads across this entire site suck ass and useful information is scattered between a shitload of different threads and posts in every forum. Even the best matchup threads - and ours isn't one - are still staggeringly deficient in huge ways. Let's be the first and the goddamn best to get our shit together and make a real, decent matchup thread.

A very organized way to do it would be to collect thoughts on each character in order for two or three days, but it'd take us two months to accomplish filling out this thread as such. Do we want to set up a Deathstroke council or something, and try and hammer this shit out with some of this board's top contributors? I feel like we could have this thread in a reasonable, current state in less than a week with some grit and elbow grease.

B_614

Noob
I say have a handful of people put together as much info on each character as possible. Compare notes and post the results.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
As long as it may take, a single character per discussion sounds like a good idea to me (sorta like how I'm doing the moveset guide). That way, no ideas go astray and we can draw conclusion.

It worked this way on some Smash boards I used to visit, and their matchup charts ended up being pretty complete.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm not fully committing to this model, since I think we can do better. But in lieu of any other plan not having been formed or executed yet: AQUAMAN THOUGHTS. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT MATCH. GO. GOGOGO.

Will post my own later.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Even.

Don't jump on him. Jump = suicide

Punish any blocked From the Deep with a Quick Fire. If he has trait on, don't do this, for he can punish you back with his own FTD.
Low Shots > Trident Toss (But who seriously uses that move?)
Blocked Trident Scoop = B1U2 punish. Beware the trait that negates this.

His wakeups suck. You corner him, it's GG.
Otherwise, you get him in this combo: Launcher, 1, 323, D1 xx Flip. Dash forwards once, and do F3. None of his wakeups can really handle this well.

Aquaman is the most overrated top tier IMO.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I think it's actually a touch in Aquaman's advantage (4.5/5.5), mostly because of the range where ground trident is so powerful, as well as trait saving him from standing mixups. Not being able to use b1u2 in most situations hurts.

That said, he's also free as fuck to flying ninja if he ever gets knocked down, and as long as you know your spacing, guns can still be pretty effective. If we had any more wiggle room for low guns or if trait wasn't a factor, then I'd imagine it to be even.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Even.

Don't jump on him. Jump = suicide

Punish any blocked From the Deep with a Quick Fire. If he has trait on, don't do this, for he can punish you back with his own FTD.
Low Shots > Trident Toss (But who seriously uses that move?)
Blocked Trident Scoop = B1U2 punish. Beware the trait that negates this.

His wakeups suck. You corner him, it's GG.
Otherwise, you get him in this combo: Launcher, 1, 323, D1 xx Flip. Dash forwards once, and do F3. None of his wakeups can really handle this well.

Aquaman is the most overrated top tier IMO.
No, he is not.

The only player who plays Aquaman correctly is Tom Brady, whom I fight a lot.

You corner him? Please. How do you accomplish that? Aquaman's mid range control is superior to Deathstroke's in every conceivable way.

Aquaman does lots of damage. 40% after b+1,2 using one bar. 45% after b+1,2 using one bar and background bounce. 50%+ after b+1,2 using interactable objects as OTGs. Deathstroke cannot make up this damage because Aquaman cannot be juggled. Besides, Deathstroke's damage output is very low and guns barely do any more chip damage.

Crathen

Death is my business
Things to consider:

Aquaman outdamages Deathstroke
Better mid range game thanks to b12 and d2
FTD outdamages gunshot both on chip and on hit , MB version deals at least 20%+knockdown , more if done in dash b12 range in order to full combo off it
Gotta be carefull punishing FTD when he has trait , he can FTD to bait a quickfire punish trait block and punish with FTD when midrange or check you fullscreen , if DS MB quickfire he can trait crouch and MB FTD
Also fullscreen zoning with LGS is pretty bad , if DS does LGS into LGS Aquaman can dash 2 times , block the 2nd lgs and punish with FTD , he can also dash and jump and he's in b12 range , if quickfire is ducked he can punish fullscreen with FTD.

Only thing in DS favour is the knockdown game , f3 pretty much denies every WA Aqua can do , if i had to give a number to this it's probably 4-6 but i have to mess with trait setups on him to squeeze out some more damage opportunities , nonetheless this will not be in DS favour anytime soon

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
So do I, but Aquaman! Aquaman right now! THINK FISHY THOUGHTS!

Also, on the note of Deathstroke being outdamaged, we're pretty much outdamaged by everybody. It's not the end of the world in itself. It's just trait robbing us of a lot of tools, when that's our leg up in most matches.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The only thing I find particularly crazy about Aquaman is his stupid trait. Other than that, the other top tiers have much crazier **** than he has. He doesn't have a reusable standing reset, the ability to break armor, or BA's crazy mobility. Sure he's got damage, but so does Superman, Batman, and BA too.

And simply put, 1 hit can usually get anyone cornered. It's not rocket science, DS' combos have incredible carry distance. Not saying landing a hit is the easiest thing to do, but if you're going to a set of 10 against an Aquaman not landing a single hit ever, then something is very wrong.

His midrange game and damage trumps DS, no doubt. That dam trident is Vergil's sword.

I forgot to test, how safe is a MB LGS against a FTD?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
More stuff to consider: What do you guys think of the usefulness of water shield in this match? If Deathstroke does have to play footsies with him, what's his best bet? I tend to F3 a lot against Aquaman, personally - harder to catch with d2, and armorable as well.

Given Deathstroke's relatively high ability to punish (even if not for major damage), does this confer any advantage for us?

If you play a patient aquaman that does not make mistakes you won't win.

Same thing with Flash and NW, though honestly I feel aquaman is the easiest of the three.

And it is simply a matter of ... you can't zone them, they have better footsies and do way, way more damage.