What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-up Chart v2

Crathen

Death is my business
Yeah i don't think DS murders Shazam , it's slightly in DS favour tho , basic things to know in the MU are that b23 is -9 = 132 punish ( or f23xxSF for an easier one ) , torpedo point blank is punishable with reversal SF and far torpedos are 132 punishable.

If they like to teleport on wakeup just meaty Rifle or delay your gunshot , soon they'll understand they have to block , and just jumping back and hitting 3 if they get close with a b2 or dash in string limits his grounded game.

Good shazams will bait SS / SF wakeup a lot so chill out and either backdash / jump after AC enders and wakeup when they get impatient.

In neutral game shoot guns , d2 his dash ins and beware of his j2 because it has a pretty good hitbox and will occasionaly trade or beat d2 , just know the range where it's easy to AA him.

Yes his backdash gets him away from post f3 50/50s , knowing that if they abuse it you can make a read and dash up 323 ( delay your dash by a few frames , you have to do it after they started backdashing ) , use this with caution.

Vagrant

Noob
Saw you guys talking flash earlier.

I finally concede that this is a losing matchup. He just can't keep up with that damage output flash gets. It's dumb.

Not unwinnable by any means

Vagrant

Noob
In neutral game shoot guns , d2 his dash ins and beware of his j2 because it has a pretty good hitbox and will occasionaly trade or beat d2 , just know the range where it's easy to AA him..

Slips and I were just talking about his d2.

The closer you are to them when you d2. The more consistent of an AA it is. It's weird because the way the move looks, it's the opposite of what you would think.

Slight walk forward when you read a jump will AA even a body splash without much trouble.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Yes his backdash gets him away from post f3 50/50s , knowing that if they abuse it you can make a read and dash up 323 ( delay your dash by a few frames , you have to do it after they started backdashing ) , use this with caution.
do you have a video that shows this?

Crathen

Death is my business
Slips and I were just talking about his d2.

The closer you are to them when you d2. The more consistent of an AA it is. It's weird because the way the move looks, it's the opposite of what you would think.

Slight walk forward when you read a jump will AA even a body splash without much trouble.
Yeah that's the thing about his d2 , he moves his hurtbox lower but the leg itself has hurtbox , it's weird but it works pretty consistently. It also depends other what air normals they are using.

I've got a few setups for the Flash MU to keep up the pressure after knockdowns , gonna put it out there soon.

do you have a video that shows this?
I can make it , soon.

ryublaze

Noob
yea I hate fighting Shazam I never thought it was free for DS. @InFlames and I were talking about a corner option select u could do in the corner against Shazam and Ares, which is basically after sword flip knockdown dash up then b22 spin. Timing is weird for Shazam but he might wake-up and teleport back into the corner or it'll autocorrect and you'll get a sword flip if he teleports out. Works good vs Ares.

and I agree DS beats Ares at least 6-4...after playing InFlames (him DS, me Ares) I can't even move or teleport in safely lol.

I too noticed DS's d2 hitbox. Up close AA with d2, farther away AA with sword flip.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
yea I hate fighting Shazam I never thought it was free for DS. @InFlames and I were talking about a corner option select u could do in the corner against Shazam and Ares, which is basically after sword flip knockdown dash up then b22 spin. Timing is weird for Shazam but he might wake-up and teleport back into the corner or it'll autocorrect and you'll get a sword flip if he teleports out. Works good vs Ares.

and I agree DS beats Ares at least 6-4...after playing InFlames (him DS, me Ares) I can't even move or teleport in safely lol.

I too noticed DS's d2 hitbox. Up close AA with d2, farther away AA with sword flip.
There's actually a timing where you can semi reverse his wake-ups. If they do db3f they will appear in front of him, but if they do df3f it will get them out. It's really weird.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Saw you guys talking flash earlier.

I finally concede that this is a losing matchup. He just can't keep up with that damage output flash gets. It's dumb.

Not unwinnable by any means
Well, it only took you six months to concede, but I respect that.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Well, it only took you six months to concede, but I respect that.
id say every version of the game the matchup got worse until 1.06 it got slightly better. the d2 buff for DS really helped a lot because now you can reliably check flash for dashing safely nd get some real damage for it. also since flash's d2 got nerfed he cant just spam the hell out of it anymore and his damage nerf also helped out a bit.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
id say every version of the game the matchup got worse until 1.06 it got slightly better. the d2 buff for DS really helped a lot because now you can reliably check flash for dashing safely nd get some real damage for it. also since flash's d2 got nerfed he cant just spam the hell out of it anymore and his damage nerf also helped out a bit.
The d+2 buff is useful but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The central problems have always been and will always be the fact that...

1) Deathstroke cannot zone The Flash whatsoever
2) The Flash has superior footsies
3) The Flash's damage output is vastly superior to Deathstroke's

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
The d+2 buff is useful but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The central problems have always been and will always be the fact that...

1) Deathstroke cannot zone The Flash whatsoever
2) The Flash has superior footsies
3) The Flash's damage output is vastly superior to Deathstroke's

yes, but saying a buff to a tool is helpful in a matchup and that it makes things slightly better doesnt by any means entail that it makes it not a losing matchup anymore.

ryublaze

Noob
Trying to gather which MUs he wins/loses/goes even...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Winning:
Joker
Shazam
Ares
Cyborg
Lex Luthor
Hawkgirl
Lobo
Harley Quinn (idk)
Solomon Grundy (idk)

Even:
Zatanna (idk)
Catwoman (idk)
Aquaman (idk)
Black Adam (idk)
Green Arrow (idk)
Nightwing (idk)
Superman (idk)
Scorpion (idk)
Doomsday
Sinestro
Green Lantern
Raven
Deathstroke

Losing:
Flash
Killer Frost
Wonder Woman
Batman
Bane
Batgirl
Zod
Martian Manhunter

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
Trying to gather which MUs he wins/loses/goes even...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Winning:
Joker (yeah i'd say he has an advantage)
Shazam (Probably a slight advantage)
Ares (Don't know, I won't until I get a chance to play Mr. Aquaman)
Cyborg (I don't think any of us know, who do we know of that plays cyborg at a high level and plays the DS match perfect?)
Lex Luthor (yes, I ran this with PPJ and agree he has an advantage)
Hawkgirl (I haven't run this with PPJ but everything about this matchup tells me he has an advantage)
Lobo (This seems even DS has a full screen adv. Lobo out damages him and has phenomenal mixups. Both have good footsies)
Harley Quinn (Sure seems like it, haven't played saltface yet though)
Solomon Grundy (I don't know. I need to fight tyrant.)

Even:
Zatanna (ran this with PPJ. agree)
Catwoman (He probably beats her slightly)
Aquaman (Yeah I'd say this is even)
Black Adam (Yeah I'd say this is even)
Green Arrow (DS might have advantage here)
Nightwing (Yeah I'll say this is even for now)
Superman (Probably)
Scorpion (No idea. never fought slips scorpion. I'll ask him to play scorp next time)
Doomsday (doomsday might have an advantage, call it even for now)
Sinestro (probably)
Green Lantern (yep)
Raven (I think deathstroke has an advantage on her)
Deathstroke (lol)

Losing:
Flash (probably)
Killer Frost (she might have a slight advantage)
Wonder Woman (I think this is even)
Batman (yes)
Bane (have to play Max more)
Batgirl (maybe)
Zod (no idea)
Martian Manhunter (I disagree but haven't played a good enough MMH to back it up)

Crathen

Death is my business
Here's my opinion , i'm still unsure about a ton of MU's and i haven't played as much as i'd like to know every in n out , i'll put a * near the MU's i don't know how they'll end up being.

Winning:

Joker: Slight advantage 6-4
Shazam: Slight advantage 6-4
Ares: Slight advantage 6-4
Cyborg: Advantage 6-4
Lex: Definately advantage 6-4 to 7-3 range
Hawkgirl: Definately advantage 6-4 to 7-3 range
Lobo: Slight advantage 6-4 ( remote chance of it being 5-5 )
Harley Quinn: Slight advantage 6-4 ( remote chance of it being 5-5 )
Catwoman: slight advantage 6-4 ( could be more evenish )
Green Arrow: Slight advantage 6-4 ( could be more evenish )

Even:

Zatanna: definately even 5-5
Aquaman: definately even 5-5
Black Adam: even 5-5
Nightwing: even 5-5 , i've seen some NW players say this is 6-4 DS but i don't think so.
Superman: even 5-5
Grundy: even 5-5
Scorpion: even 5-5
Doomsday: even 5-5 , some might say slight advantage DD , i disagree.
Green Lantern: even 5-5
Raven: even 5-5
Batman: even 5-5 , there's debate on this being 6-4 Batman , i don't see it *
Killer Frost: even 5-5 , another debatable MU for slight adv Frost , i don't see it *
Sinestro: i think it's even but i won't disagree if someone would say slight advantage Sinestro *
Bane: i think it's even , cases of it being 6-4 Bane could be made. *
Wonder Woman: i think it's even but 6-4 Wonder Woman is a possibility *

Losing:

Flash: disadvantage 4-6 , i think it's even but i'm not gonna force it
Batgirl: slight disadvantage 4-6 , could be even *
Zod: slight disadvantage 4-6 , could be even *
Martian Manhunter: slight disadvantage 4-6 , i think it's even *

Now you can take this list and make 2 charts , one being worst case scenario with 9 bad 4-6 matchups and another with a middle ground 4 to 7 bad 4-6 MU's.

Nonetheless i think i'd have to play some of this MU's a lot more to have a proper opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
Thanks for your inputs. I'll just put a * next to each one that we are most unsure of.

Winning:
Joker
Shazam
* Ares
* Cyborg
Lex Luthor
Hawkgirl
* Lobo
Harley Quinn
* Solomon Grundy
Green Arrow

Even:
Zatanna
* Catwoman
* Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Black Adam
Nightwing
Superman
* Scorpion
* Sinestro
Green Lantern
* Raven
* Martian Manhunter
Deathstroke

Losing:
Flash
* Doomsday
* Killer Frost
* Batman
* Bane
* Batgirl
* Zod

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
Ares - I think this is 6-4 DS favor slightly. DS can punish any of his teleports on reaction in the neutral game but a good read can net Ares some damage (this can be said for ares vs any1 tho). DS back jump can get out of godsmack resets easily (not sure on this). Ares backdash sucks and he has to take whatever mix-up DS has. DS jump 3 can blow up his teleport. Ares d2 sucks vs DS jump 3 too.

Killer Frost - I think Frost wins this slightly. She punishes gunshots anywhere on screen but so can DS punish icebergs. but up close I think frost has the upper hand cuz of her vortex. DS can punish whiffed slide but so can Frost punish his jump 3, difference is she can do it on reaction to ur jump.

I may be theory fighting a bit...just trying to spark some discussion.

Exblackman

Zoning since fighting games began.
I've been playing alot of online lately and people seem to switch characters as soon as they see me playing deathstroke ...MM,Scorpion,and Bat girl. I have the match up for Batgirl pretty much figured out but other two seem quite difficult for to get my head wrapped around.. Can any one offer any tips ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ares - I think this is 6-4 DS favor slightly. DS can punish any of his teleports on reaction in the neutral game but a good read can net Ares some damage (this can be said for ares vs any1 tho). DS back jump can get out of godsmack resets easily (not sure on this). Ares backdash sucks and he has to take whatever mix-up DS has. DS jump 3 can blow up his teleport. Ares d2 sucks vs DS jump 3 too.

Killer Frost - I think Frost wins this slightly. She punishes gunshots anywhere on screen but so can DS punish icebergs. but up close I think frost has the upper hand cuz of her vortex. DS can punish whiffed slide but so can Frost punish his jump 3, difference is she can do it on reaction to ur jump.

I may be theory fighting a bit...just trying to spark some discussion.
You're mistaken if you think you will react to a MB teleport. You can barely even D1 him without being hit by d1 trait first.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You're mistaken if you think you will react to a MB teleport. You can barely even D1 him without being hit by d1 trait first.
Depends on what you're reacting to.. Offline it's possible to react to the start up. You just have to be expecting it..