What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-up Chart v2

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Aquaman 4-6
Deathstroke is outdamaged by Aquaman, particularly because Aquaman can escape DS's main grounded mixups using trait, making him more dependent on f3 to bounce, or block strings if he can get them. Aquaman has more range in the neutral game, and has an effective punish going up to slightly under 3/4 screen on low shots. He can also trait out of quick shots for a check on block with From the Deep, though this does require good reactions. From the Deep is punishable at any range by quick shots, making it bad to do randomly, and trident throw can be reacted against with low shots at a distance, though most Aquaman players won't use it anyways.

While it's hard to jump on him in the neutral game due to his superb d2, Aquaman is one of Deathstroke's easier targets for the flying ninja and for cornered f3 mixups, and his answers against grounded oki aren't as swell as many characters too, provided his trait isn't ready. It's hard to put him off balance, but if you ever do get a knockdown and start doing setups, it can be hard for him to regain his footing.

You either want to be as far away from Aquaman as possible, or standing on his face repeatedly doing setups on him. Midscreen, he's going to win.

Ares
nothing to see here yet move along

Bane

Batgirl

Batman

Black Adam

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Catwoman

Cyborg

Doomsday

Flash

Green Arrow

Green Lantern

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Harley Quinn

Hawkgirl

Joker

Killer Frost

Lex Luthor

Lobo
these are not the droids you're looking for

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Martian Manhunter

Nightwing

Raven

Scorpion

Shazam

Sinestro

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Solomon Grundy

Superman

Wonder Woman

Zatanna

Zod

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Just going to pick this up where I left it off in the other thread. Since nobody had anything to add to my summary of Aquaman, I've placed it in the guide, though of course it can be revised at any time. On to the next character in the alphabet, and a repost of my thoughts from the other thread:

Not a match I have a terrible amount of experience with. He can outpace DS in damage very easily, though in general it takes just knowing Ares' tricks rather than anything special about DS. He can teleport on a read against low shots for a combo, and he's one of the characters who can more effectively neutralize DS's interactable advantage. Teleports are unsafe and can be countered on reaction, so it's always a bit of a gamble for both players, though a good read favors Ares more. He has reasonable zoning tools to make DS not too gunshot happy, and you have to watch out for MB fireball, which is damned fast and does a lot of damage, as well as his trait sword and axe being able to cover a lot of space. Wakeup teleport provides some options against DS's oki, but again, a bad read will get Ares comboed. Faking teleport by triggering invisibility is largely useless for Ares in this match, because he'll more likely than not just wind up getting shot for his trouble.

5-5 match, IMO.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I think it's 6-4 DS

Ares' AA game is mediocre, free Ji3s and Ji2 > 50/50s.
Teleport is pretty non-problematic, easily punished by DS' moves
DS' flip wakeups do a good job of shitting down Ares' unblockable resets since it makes him airborne
Zoning war favors us generally speaking. When it comes to trait, Ares getting hit makes the axer or sword vanish. DS' guns travel so quickly that they hit first most of the time. Low Shots dodge normal fireballs. Watch out for MB fireballs though, they hurt, knockdown, and cannot be dodged with Low Shots.
Ares has pretty good 50/50 game too with his overhead starter and D1 xx Trait combo, but I feel like DS has an easier time approaching him (or getting him into the melee range that he prefers) than the characters that give him a hard time with that (like Green Lantern and Aquaman).
Wakeup teleports screw up oki mixups pretty well. Gotta bait and punish those instead.

haketh

Noob
Ares is one of my mains alongside KF and DS. The MU is 6-4 DS for the reasons Mikman listed. Only things Ares' has in the MU is damage he makes you a little hesitant to zone when he has meter but DS' rushdown beats Ares pretyy well.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well, not yet...

Nobody else? C'mon, guys, I need some help here.

Vagrant JokeStroke general m2dave Rampage254 RedRaptor10 Crathen

I hate trying to tag specific people, because I always feel like I'm leaving somebody (or multiple somebodies) worth hearing from out.
I do not use Deathstroke any more, but I guess I could talk about The Flash a little bit (and why I quit Deathstroke because he is worthless versus top tier caliber characters).

There are no doubts in my mind that The Flash beats Deathstroke 7:3. The difference in damage output is humongous. Deathstroke's damage ranges in the low to mid 30s while The Flash's ranges in the mid 50s to low 60s thanks to his trait. Not only do these combos do lots of damage, they provide massive wall carry (a la Tekken). This damage difference would be appropriate if Deathstroke had the ability to zone The Flash, but high, low, and machine gunshots are punishable everywhere but full screen away, where The Flash will rarely ever be.
Even MB low gunshots are punishable by MB LC (lightning charge).

You eventually come to the conclusion to play footsies with 3 and f+3 hoping that you can train The flash player to "sit still" so that you can force 50/50 mix ups. You have also heard or read the ignorant The Flash community claim that their character has "T-Rex arms" and hence no range on any of his normal attacks. You find out later that The Flash has b+2, which is +3 on block, starts in 15 frames, and almost has the same range as Superman's f+2. b+2 has a second hit (i.e., b+2,2) that is also +3 on block and leads to hit-confirmable 60% combos via MB sonic pound and trait. You then realize that The Flash could not give a damn about your footsies and 50/50 mix ups as his options lead to at least twice as much damage as yours. You do 33% after b+1,u+2. He does 60%+ after b+2,2 xx MB sonic pound + trait + wall carry + untechable knockdown. You do 20% after b+2 xx MB sword spin. He does 55% after f+2 xx MB lightning kick + trait + wall + untechable knockdown. You do 15% after d+1 xx MB sword spin. He does 50% after d+1,2 xx MB sonic pound + trait + wall + untechable knockdown. You get the point.

This match up is horrible and highly frustrating. He can also punish wake up sword spin with headbutt if he blocks both hits standing. If The Flash player is patient and knows how to approach Deathstroke, which is not difficult to do whatsoever, Deathstroke has no chance. I suggest picking a top tier character like Batman, Black Adam, Superman, or even Zod versus this annoying fool.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Okey, some thoughts regarding my experience with Slade:

-Aquaman: Pretty much what Duck Nation wrote on the original post. You want to be at full screen, or at close range. Otherwise, you're done.

-Ares: At first I thought it was on Ares' favor, but once you read his teleports, it's not so hard. Also, learn to interrupt his d1 -> trait (sword flip works wonders and gives you a hard knockdown) sheananingans.

-Batman: This is a tough one for Slade, I believe. His trait makes zoning him a nightmare, our only hope is using the mix-ups and vortex to keep the pressure on him.

-Black Adam: I honestly believe Slade is pretty decent in making Adam's life a nightmare. Air gun shots to stop his MB divekicks, punish his normal ones with Flip and standing gun shots stops Adam's zoning game.

-Green Arrow: Another tough one. Our best bet is trying to keep him away as much as we can, but a good Arrow player will be in your face in no time.

-Sinestro: In the zoning war both are pretty even (standing shot can punish boulders and shackles, but he can punish low shots too), so the best way is counterzoning him while you try to get close.

These are the ones that come just out of my mind. I'll try to write a more "comprehensive" guide during the next days.

I'm just waiting for the patch to come out , then i'll dive into matchup explanations
I need to have a set against you bro. Very unfamiliar with fighting deathstroke. I think i have beaten you once out of all the times I came across you on ranked :(

Crathen

Death is my business
I need to have a set against you bro. Very unfamiliar with fighting deathstroke. I think i have beaten you once out of all the times I came across you on ranked :(

Sure , send a friend request on XBL when you see me online we can play , i'm not too often online lately , trying to fix my unstable connection lol , sometimes i can play fine for 1-2 hours then it starts lagging pretty bad so i hop online only when i'm sure it's not lagging.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
There's this one NW player that posted a very nice essay on how to handle the matchup. It should be here.

Any decent info on the Nightwing MU?
Seems like an uphill battle for DS.
Was looking for some high ranked DS vs NW matches.
If anyone know some feel free to post.
Thanks in advance.

Vagrant

Noob
I run it at gga with Hruza... Some days it feels 5-5. Others I swear nightwing has an edge on him. I'm on the fence with this one. I'll call it 5-5 for now.

Vagrant

Noob
And I just lost to him last night at GGA 2-1

Staff is a bitch man, the frames speak for themselves.
I need to start trying to keep him in escrima
That being said I'm probably showing ground spark a little too much respect.

Gonna study this one over the next couple of days cause I want a runback with that frame trapping bastard next thursday.