What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I just wanna remind people that its probably not good to start a combo with b3u4 unless your making a good read. It is suuuuper punishable and extremely hard to hit confirm off b3 due to the strings tight timing
It's good for punishes, and it's also a mixup. It's even better as a starter because if they've been frozen by puddle we can still get a conversion. That's the reason why we're using it.

5M0K3

Grandmaster
You can begin an easy meterless 30% in the corner with F1,2. If they block it, it's plus 1 which is pretty good. Also for those continuing off F1,2 in the corner with down 1 or 3. Try just standing 3 into iceball

Here's some nice corner tech that creates a safe ice bomb set-up and armor breaks punch walk(you don't need to use b3u4 as a starter). The distance that you're put at after the b2 cancel into ice bomb also causes the armor break to option select. If Goro doesn't wake up the slide doesn't come out, also if he wakes up with stomp he'll hit you but get frozen by the bomb.
inputs - b3u4xxd4, 4, 4xxbf1, ds, 1112, b2xxdb2, f4xxEXdb4

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Making it punishable is fair enough, but I don't know why we get all the hate, our setups are No where near as bad as Quan. I honestly think Sektor is better in tier.
And imo his neutral game is not that great. Also in my eyes the corner is the place where he really shines. Midscreen I couldn't get setups to work most of the time and you have an ice ball in your combo you have to end your combos with 1112 or f2 which is kinda inconsistent if you wanna go for the setup.

Not trying to downplay this guy he is really good but not nearly as broken as Vanilla tanya or quan chi.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You can begin an easy meterless 30% in the corner with F1,2. If they block it, it's plus 1 which is pretty good. Also for those continuing off F1,2 in the corner with down 1 or 3. Try just standing 3 into iceball
F12, D3, NJP, F43xxFDK, S4xxIceBall, DS, 1112 [33%]
F12, D3, NJP, F43xxFDK, S4xxIceBall, DS, F131xxSlide [35%]

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Here's some nice corner tech that creates a safe ice bomb set-up and armor breaks punch walk(you don't need to use b3u4 as a starter). The distance that you're put at after the b2 cancel into ice bomb also causes the armor break to option select. If Goro doesn't wake up the slide doesn't come out, also if he wakes up with stomp he'll hit you but get frozen by the bomb.
inputs - b3u4xxd4, 4, 4xxbf1, ds, 1112, b2xxdb2, f4xxEXdb4
@SaltShaker @RM Ree

He's looking a little strong, eh? :joker:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's muscle memory but mostly after back 3, up 4 I spam d4 until the dive kick comes out then I do a instant njp
Working on doing it without spamming d4 but the timing after back3.up4 is a bit tricky
Do it as part of the string. Press B3U4D4 as you would do B3D4U3 and it will always come out at the end, don't wait for any animations.

He's looking a little strong, eh?
Here's The whiff to show the option select while simultaneously showing that he beats Goro's stomp as well
inputs - b3u4xxd4, 4, 4xxbf1, ds, 1112, b2xxdb2, 4fxxdb4(f4 whiffs and db4 doesn't come out), NJP, RC, 4, 1112.
I also posted in the Triborg forum for Cyber Sub the safe ice bomb set ups I found, which i used reptile to test in the videos, they also work against any variation of Kung Lao(videos are shitty, sorry)

Blewdew

if you find yourself having two drones or you have a bar to summon 3 at once you do a setup into 41% meterless into another setup.it's pretty easy to do and you can also do 114xxslide instead of 1112 to get 44%.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What do people have for a raw B3U4 conversion? Best I got is

B3U4xxFarDiveKick, NJP, S4xxIceBall, DS, run B12+4(enhanced) for 31% meterless
For a B3U4 starter since you don't start with a freeze move I typically like to sacrifice damage and end the combo with F131~ bomb and go into shenanigans.

I think I was doing B3U4xxFDK, NJP, JKxxCDK, F131~ bomb ....can't remember if I was doing JKxxCDK or just 4 into F131 but either should work. I think I started doing the JK CDK there because it was easier for me and looked more swag.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
For a B3U4 starter since you don't start with a freeze move I typically like to sacrifice damage and end the combo with F131~ bomb and go into shenanigans.

I think I was doing B3U4xxFDK, NJP, JKxxCDK, F131~ bomb ....can't remember if I was doing JKxxCDK or just 4 into F131 but either should work. I think I started doing the JK CDK there because it was easier for me and looked more swag.
about how much does it do?

Blewdew

@Blewdew I found an interesting option for mid screen ice bomb set off NJP and B2. I've never seen it done in this way. Hope this is useful. It's awfully tricky.

This is like double corpse hop mid combo lol. I rarely hit someone with b2 but is it Worth to go for the setup? I found that f2 is kinda incosistent mid combo and I often send them fullscreen instead of right beside me.