What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Am I correct in assuming this is the ideal midscreen---->Corner route?

[string]xxiceball, DS, FJP, B3U4xxCDK?, FJKxxCDK?, F43xxFDK?, ender of choice?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I just broke the 3 input button on my pad trying to do this character's corner combos for about 45 minutes. I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to whiff the third divekick consistently and when I do get to that point, I completely forget the rest of the combo.

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Whole lot of decent stuff showed in my friend's video. Hit that play button.

Can people please include the inputs when they post videos (if at all possible)? Thanks for contributing anyhow, I appreciate it. If not in the video at least in your post.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Just quickly sharing content that's not mine. I understand the point though.
I wasn't trying to come down on you, I can make sense of what I'm seeing. Thank you for sharing, I think I found some decent routes, it's just hard to tell with the Jump-in and the drones and compare it to what I have now, lol. This character has a high ceiling and I feel it will take us a while to find what truly is optimal. He certainly doesn't have flowchart conversions

It's becoming more and more apprent that we've waded into something big with this character. This'll be a fun ride.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Midscreen---->Corner New Meterless Route?

[String]xxIceBall, DS, FJP, B3U4xxFDK, F43xxFDK, F43xxFDK, 1112 [~32%]

This becomes 37% meterles with drone freeze

Let me know how I can optimize.

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Midscreen---->Corner New Meterless Route?

[String]xxIceBall, DS, FJP, B3U4xxFDK, F43xxFDK, F43xxFDK, 1112 [~32%]

This becomes 37% meterles with drone freeze

Let me know how I can optimize.
Constantly readjusting combos with this character is painful. We need to get as close to optimal asap before my fingers fall off!

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Constantly readjusting combos with this character is painful. We need to get as close to optimal asap before my fingers fall off!
I'm doing the best I can! It's only day 2 lol. As far as I'm concerned everyone who mains this character deserves a medal. I've been looking around at the other bots' combos and yawning tbh:DOGE

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I pray REO doesn't get him nerfed, and in the event he does, if they increase the recovery on divekick we are bones.
They can't adjust the recovery on divekick without it being maliciously designed to break the characters basic framework. If they want to nerf Cyber I recommend doing the following:

NERF #1 Make it legit punishable from any range on block. Safe divekicks are stupid and shouldn't exist he only truly needs them as a mixup opportunity and a conversion opportunity. It doesn't need to be a pressure tool.

NERF #2 Do not allow Cyber Sub-Zero to perform a divekick from a retreating or neutral jump.

THIS IS FAIR

Nereus

Noob
I'm gonna be 100% honest here.. that divekick should NOT be an overhead. The move is extremely quick to the point where it doesn't even seem reactable. Not to mention how safe it is

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm gonna be 100% honest here.. that divekick should NOT be an overhead. The move is extremely quick to the point where it doesn't even seem reactable. Not to mention how safe it is
I think it should stay overhead, just make it full combo punishable at any range and don't allow him to perform it from a jump unless it's an forward one. Hell you can even nerf the damage by 2% for all I care.

5M0K3

Grandmaster
I just wanna remind people that its probably not good to start a combo with b3u4 unless your making a good read. It is suuuuper punishable and extremely hard to hit confirm off b3 due to the strings tight timing