What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Yea this is the 2nd time he gets nerfed, which is stupid because this character already struggles against the top tier characters. I don;t understand NRS reasoning on the Green Arrow nerfs. At the very least they could have given us a trait buff or a 2% increase damage output on his regular arrows, or make his low arrows lower his hitbox so we won;t get hit fullscreen by projectiles trying to zone with low arrows. NRS is fucking retarded and clearly has no idea what they are doing.

Shout out to Chris G

What doe the nerfed cancel window actually mean? Does this mean that he can't jail by ending strings with Heaven Blast anymore or is it something more drastic? Does this make stuff like ending block strings with savage blast/arrow interruptable? I saw that he is nerfed but I just don't really understand the scope of the nerf.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
What doe the nerfed cancel window actually mean? Does this mean that he can't jail by ending strings with Heaven Blast anymore or is it something more drastic? Does this make stuff like ending block strings with savage blast/arrow interruptable? I saw that he is nerfed but I just don't really understand the scope of the nerf.

Someone will likely correct me, but to my understanding this nerf has to do with canceling our only two strings with down arrows for mixups. probably giving the opponent a couple extra frames to block.

It's pretty insulting that through all these nerfs they don't even fix what is broken with the character, like his whiffing 1 since day 1 and haven blast being the most unreliable move in the game. Ice arrows already scale out the ass why do we have to work even harder for our 25% BnB's.

Someone will likely correct me, but to my understanding this nerf has to do with canceling our only two strings with down arrows for mixups. probably giving the opponent a couple extra frames to block.

It's pretty insulting that through all these nerfs they don't even fix what is broken with the character, like his whiffing 1 since day 1 and haven blast being the most unreliable move in the game. Ice arrows already scale out the ass why do we have to work even harder for our 25% BnB's.
I don't know what the cancel advantage is on block now and I don;t think anyone does, so its impossible to tell how it will affect us. What I do know is that there aren't any holes in f2d13-low arrow or f2d1-low arrow. If they go overboard with the cancel advantage nerf, they could cause a hole in the strings I mentioned. If the execution frames for the low arrow are higher than the cancel advantage, then there will be a hole in that setup and they can probably poke it before it before the arrrow comes out. Lets hope that doesn't happen. People can already poke d1-low arrow, imagine they can poke the f2d13-f2d1-low arrow mixups

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I did not mind the B23 nerfs but this nerf really bugged me: F2D13 Kancel Advantage Reduced.

[] = Hold

F2D13~[4] Dash kancel used to be viable if you were good. It would put you at neutral if you just framed it and if you did not you would be minus but now you're always minus. So dumb, expecially konsidering how punishable F2D13 is by Backdash into punish.

I really feel the urge to tag Paulo but I'll refrain from doing so. I don't know who's making this decisions to nerf something that wasn't even a problem for other characters.

Edit: Nvm.. colt What was the problem with Arrow's Kancel Advantage from F2D13? Was it a real issue or just something you guys decided to throw in there because you didn't think people would kare?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
variations on block infinites & inescapable super traps on block. just because players don't know about them or aren't abusing them doesn't mean they aren't there.

I realize that now. Thanx. Glad to hear back from you.

I would have heavily preferred the inability to kancel the string on block into Super to this though. I thought F2D13~4 Dash was a viable tactic that should have been encouraged since it takes some skill to do and if they messed up it would put them in a bad situation. The risk reward lies in the execution which I think was something really good. The benefit from it is being klose and neutral, not even plus, so that was good. Hopefully this kould be returned in a future patch?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm wanting to see what Green Arrow's D2 turns into. If it becomes good enough for a solid wakeup option or fast enough to use as a starter I may be able to land solid d2 sky alert b3 and if that happens I have a solid mid screen damage setup because I can use MB sky alert in combos that utilize D2 pretty easily.

If I get a D2 that works like that I aint even sorry for the nerf. Hell he might even be usable online for me again since that'd essentially pull the emphasis off of f2d13 for me and thats what kept screwing up online due to latency.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I realize that now. Thanx. Glad to hear back from you.

I would have heavily preferred the inability to kancel the string on block into Super to this though. I thought F2D13~4 Dash was a viable tactic that should have been encouraged since it takes some skill to do and if they messed up it would put them in a bad situation. The risk reward lies in the execution which I think was something really good. The benefit from it is being klose and neutral, not even plus, so that was good. Hopefully this kould be returned in a future patch?
Why are you wanting to dash after f2d13~arrow? You get a free d1 check afterward, and it puts you at max range so your d1~low arrow cant be counterpoked by a lot of characters. Max range d1 is probably the strongest aspect of Green Arrow's offense imo, and this string sets it all up. I hope the cancel adv wasnt decreased too drastically on it :/

variations on block infinites & inescapable super traps on block. just because players don't know about them or aren't abusing them doesn't mean they aren't there.
I would love to know about the alleged block infinites off of b23 and f2d13. The only one I know about uses the f2d13 string in the corner and only works against 3 characters, and it's f2d13-uphaven blast. His b23 was already nerfed to shit before, and as far as I know has no block infinite.

Also, why didn't you guys fix the hitbox on his low arrows? When you shoot a low arrow, high projectiles still hit Green Arrow. I think thats pretty dumb, shouldn't his hitbox be lowered since he's ducking thus making high projectiles whiff?

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also, why didn't you guys fix the hitbox on his low arrows? When you shoot a low arrow, high projectiles still hit Green Arrow. I think thats pretty dumb, shouldn't his hitbox be lowered since he's ducking thus making high projectiles whiff?
low arrows ducking was fixed internally awhile ago but hasn't made it into a patch yet. relax

and lol for asking about how to do exploits

low arrows ducking was fixed internally awhile ago but hasn't made it into a patch yet. relax

It's gonna be fixed!? Oh man thats awesome!! Thanks for that. About the exploits, they're gonnab e fixed anyway. Hey I had to ask ;-)

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion

Wouldn't it make more sense to nerf the block stun on up heaven blast than to nerf his strings? Also is almost inescapable super reset from a block string really an argument for nerfing the string? The super is unblockable so I would think this is how it was made to be used, and it does cost 4 bars!

You seem to know some stuff, so could you take a quick peek at my list and at least see if the stuff I list in the "fix" section is being touched?:)

Should be fixed:
-standing 1 hitting after landing a j.2 (this whiffs a lot)
-savage blast hitting all standing opponents (whiffs on a few female characters)
-super hitting characters in the corner every time (some times it will whiff in the corner)

Suggestions:
-slightly less recovery on load arrow
-1% more damage on normal arrows
-More chip damage on electric arrows
-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles <--You adressed this, thanks:)
-Slightly less damage scaling after freezing the opponent

-standing 1 hitting after landing a j.2 (this whiffs a lot)
-savage blast hitting all standing opponents (whiffs on a few female characters)
-super hitting characters in the corner every time (some times it will whiff in the corner)
-Agreed. For some reason the first 1 whiffs 9 times out of 10 after a ji2 connects, should definitely be fixed.
-Agreed. Uphaven blast is especially crucial in the corner beacause thats where our damage biggest comes from. The b2-uphaven blast. And that whiffs on alot of characters, especially the females
-Agreed. I think these 3 issues definitely should be fixed. Luckily they took care of the low arrow hitbox issue which is awesome.

Suggestions:
-slightly less recovery on load arrow
-1% more damage on normal arrows
-More chip damage on electric arrows
-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles <--You adressed this, thanks:)
-Slightly less damage scaling after freezing the opponent
I like the less recovery on loading arrows. In some matches, you can't load safely and get punished for just loading, so we have to commit to loading after a combo to be safe. I like the change and to me it seems fair. I think with less recovery on the load the other arrow stuff won't matter much.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Got to love playing a pressuring footsie character in a game without footsies and constantly dwindling pressure options. -_- I'll be over at Marvel, call me when they care to actually put low arrows ducking in a patch.

/The saltiest of salts.

Edit: This post gave me the "Keeps coming back award" Even the forum knows i'm full of shit and not going anywhere FML

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Why are you wanting to dash after f2d13~arrow? You get a free d1 check afterward, and it puts you at max range so your d1~low arrow cant be counterpoked by a lot of characters. Max range d1 is probably the strongest aspect of Green Arrow's offense imo, and this string sets it all up. I hope the cancel adv wasnt decreased too drastically on it :/

I do not remember this being the case. Maybe it's just not working on Catwoman?

Also, dashing in allows you to mix up F2D13 again to katch backdashes. And being neutral means that if they mess up it's on them.

Yea, the Chris G combo is:
-Ice arrow is stocked-
j.3, 11 xx bb/db MB, j.3, 1 xx d4, j.2, 33 xx db4 - I like to end with j.2, 223 xx db4 (Whic puts you in range for a b2 on their wake up)

Both of these variations do 40% for 2 bars.
what is db MB?