What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
My bet is on meter cancelling into wall bounce
Yea, the Chris G combo is:
-Ice arrow is stocked-
j.3, 11 xx bb/db MB, j.3, 1 xx d4, j.2, 33 xx db4 - I like to end with j.2, 223 xx db4 (Whic puts you in range for a b2 on their wake up)

Both of these variations do 40% for 2 bars.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Been toying with electric arrow some more and I think I got a midscreen starter I'd like to optimize. Basically its a bounce cancel combo as I doubt you'll ever start anything with raw f3

f3. mb sky alert, d2 puts them into orbit. They nearly go off screen. As always in the corner you dont need to MB sky alert on some characters since it catches many there, but its match specific so I mb it. Anyhow the idea is with electric arrow I should be able to take advantage of all that height and keep them juggled for an extremely long time if I set the combo up properly. Just this portion on its own does 19-22% depending on number of arrows connecting so with a F2d13 sort of starter I'm hoping I can get this thing going pretty huge. I dont want to cheese it with rapid sky alerts though and I'm curious if its possible off of electric to force them back up repeatedly in a loop.

Seapeople
Could use a little help on this one mid screen.

shaowebb

Marcus Vinicius
Well you weren't kidding about loving D1 into the Savage Blast. lol
You looked like you were having a lot of fun though so I'd like to toss a few thoughts to you.

By far your best match was against Deathstroke in your last video. You were doing way better on your footsies. Dash up blocking and trying to convert all your hits. Your first two matches you played in and out a bit too much and it made your games run close when you had a lot of chances to do a lot more. If you dont know a combo though its fine. You dont have to be fancy. When in doubt you could always just cheese it and start mashing 1 and go into hurricane bow or something to add a little extra till you've practiced some kind of go to followup from a hit.I think your dashing and blocking was definitely starting to look good near the end, but you dont get a lot of damage with Green Arrow. Great use of MB B3 to armor through and get transition damage on Deathstroke after that long chase BTW.

From what landed the most I think the biggest thing you should mess with is trying to see what kinds of stuff you can get good at connecting after any successful jumping 3. You got a lot of those and didn't really convert any. Just set the AI to jump in the lab and see if you can do one of his basic strings after it comfortably. Practice it until you just sort of react and go into it. I often just go into arcade mode on a low difficulty and practice with Green Arrow there so the AI randomly throws in curveballs to my attempts and gets harder the longer I practice.

You can learn the rough combos for damage and resets later. For now I think your showing good blocking and dash promise here. You just need to convert is all. Learn something simple first and then work your way up to more damaging combos that are trickier to do on reaction. I also suggest reading the pressure guide here. That way once you knock someone down you know how to suffocate them so you dont have to start all over after every time you score a hit and can have a higher chance of just wrecking them with Green Arrow's Pressure.

thx man... i make bad mistakes in jumping some times on Deathstroke after shots... dash can block in time the next shot. If i know that in this match =S... i´ll work some resets... =D

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Hey Everyone, It's been a while!

I've been playing a lot of KOF lately, Sorry! but I have still been in the lab a lot with Arrow and thought I'd drop these two little nuggets off, if it isn't already old news. Maybe you guys wan't to mess around with this since it seems it might be character specific and therefor time intensive. especially the BA corner stuff.

Sorry for the font, it's from my personal little arrow evernote guide(written to myself so if anything is worded weird I can elaborate in normal english) and I can't figure out how to change the background font.

In corner 113 xx (low as possible) 33 Slide (Slide wiffs) causes a cross up where you are standing directly over the opponent. Jumping MB Dead on is completely ambiguous if you haven't seen it before and causes hard knock down. (Beats BA's Cage and Lantern's Might...only thing it loses to might be Sword Flip?)Tech Rolling after the slide gets them out of the corner, but still get hit with an arrow for knockdown. All together 113 33 MB dead on does around a sneaky 40% damage.

Black Adam Corner hijynx.--- tested on atlantis...anywhere He can trigger the interactables in the corner seems to work...GA doesn't autocorrect after crossup J3 if he hits the wall during the attack. strings immediately after landing have a reverse hitbox as GA is still facing the wall, attacks bring Black Adam back into the corner. Any corner combos with J3 starter seems to still be possible. Could be a great option to add if reliable and viable on other characters. Air Dead on is pretty high damage here, with all arrows landing in a Crossup J3 111 MB Deadon 111 doing 41% However it brings BA out of the corner.Works on: Black AdamDoes not: Deathstroke

Edit: Made it look a little better.

P.S. I haven't looked very hard, but I haven't seen it anywhere...The free 33 blockstun super is well known on here right? if not here is my notes on that below...

- 33 Super is an inescapable free super if it's blocked. The string continues after the super arrow is launched and causes enough blockstun to where no movement is even possible. Needs further testing - I believe superman may be able to super out of it. If the 33 connects the super will not, even if they tech role.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
-Ice arrow is stocked-
j.3, 11 xx bb/db MB, j.3, 1 xx d4, j.2, 33 xx db4 - I like to end with j.2, 223 xx db4 (Whic puts you in range for a b2 on their wake up)

Completely versatile, works air to air, Dropping a hit from the opening string makes it impossible to push block (Since Bounce Cancels blow up push blocks) Ending it with Bowspin makes it 47%, ending it with 223 lets you set up ice arrow resets. This really is the GA BnB. SO GOOD

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Completely versatile, works air to air, Dropping a hit from the opening string makes it impossible to push block (Since Bounce Cancels blow up push blocks) Ending it with Bowspin makes it 47%, ending it with 223 lets you set up ice arrow resets. This really is the GA BnB. SO GOOD
hate to burn 2 bars on it, but if it will win a match that a super reset into unclashable wouldn't then, it's def worth having in the bag.

it working Air to air is good, are you sure you can't push block or clash before the wall bounce?? either way, I would prefer them do it before i spend the 2 bars to MBWallbounce in the combo. tough to argue with 47% midscreen with Arrow though lol.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
it working Air to air is good, are you sure you can't push block or clash before the wall bounce??

Yup, anticipatory bounce cancels blow up push blocks and go right through for free. So, assuming that you knew an instant push block was coming from this guy who is tired of GA mixups when he has ice in his pocket. You could 1/F2/B2- Whatever you want and BC immediately, Since he will push on the first possible hit. from then on, I bet the guy would rather try and block a mixup than eat 40% AND lose a bar for it lol

They can clash whenever, but since this is completely hit confirmable and you feel a clash may happen, it's probably best to land as many hits as possible before the BC to try and bait the clash out, before spending the meter.

P.S. I haven't looked very hard, but I haven't seen it anywhere...The free 33 blockstun super is well known on here right? if not here is my notes on that below...

- 33 Super is an inescapable free super if it's blocked. The string continues after the super arrow is launched and causes enough blockstun to where no movement is even possible. Needs further testing - I believe superman may be able to super out of it. If the 33 connects the super will not, even if they tech role.

33 super can be escaped with a back dash.

Erazor

Noob
-Ice arrow is stocked-

You can do j3, 22~Ice Arrow, >, 3~:exSky Alert, 111~Load Arrow = 39% which saves you 1 bar.

SimSim

You can do j3, 22~Ice Arrow, >, 3~:exSky Alert, 111~Load Arrow = 39% which saves you 1 bar.

Will check out the consistency of this after work out! If the timing and spacing for 3 xx Sky Alert MB is easy this will be good. I still love the 223 xx ice arrow stock spacing from the other combo though since it puts you in range for b2 on their wake up!

EDIT:

I found that this is pretty consistent:

j.3, f2d1 xx d4, b3, dash, 3 (when he is almost above you) xx df1 (auto correct) MB, 111 xx db4

This is almost the exact combo you posted but I found that my juggle after j.3 gives you 40% half of the time! This is harder to land than the "chris g" combo though, as very small variations to spacing makes the MB sky alert juggle differently, and therefor you have to time the 111 ender accordingly.

Medina4life

Media Master
Hey guys, i'm making a video series for GA. Here is what I have so far..

My next part is how to use his super and advanced strategy after that. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

SimSim

Good stuff! You go through a lot of stuff that is known for most GA's, but hearing you reflect around the strategies etc. makes it a good watch for sure!:)

Medina4life

Media Master
Good stuff! You go through a lot of stuff that is known for most GA's, but hearing you reflect around the strategies etc. makes it a good watch for sure!:)

thank you. this guide is for new players for sure.i'm about to go into some advanced stuff so i need help from you guys as to what you all feel i should put in it.thanks!

SimSim

thank you. this guide is for new players for sure.i'm about to go into some advanced stuff so i need help from you guys as to what you all feel i should put in it.thanks!

Well. Since you are planning to cover the super (resets/escapes and combos after super I guess), an option could be to cover GA's use of meter in general. What special moves are worth spending bar on, and in which situations (sky alert MB where normal version won't reach, dead on MB for 34% cross up j.3 combo with hard knock down), and also his combos that require meter to work: j.3, 11 xx db MB, j.3, 1 xx d4 (freeze) etc. When should you use meter on wager and when should you save it for a super reset comeback. You might also want to go in to unclashable combos with GA, especially after landing super.

Other ideas that won't fit in to a potential "meter" video, is:
-general resets: dead on after landing freeze at the end of a combo for standing reset with very positive frames.
-how do use stages to your advantage (hall of justice for example: sending robot and jumping in to arrow shot. Jumping full screen out of the corner with the robot on the right of the stage. Being prepared for opponent using interactable when in the corner and do b3/f3 MB in to 40+ damage corner combo punish etc.
-General cross up set ups: f2d13 xx db4, dash, j.3 (works on normal wake up)

This is just what came to be as I sat down to give some in put. Keep up the good work!

Erazor

Noob
Hey guys, i'm making a video series for GA. Here is what I have so far..

[videos]

My next part is how to use his super and advanced strategy after that. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Very good videos. It would be great if you could do one about his difficult matchups, for example Nightwing or Aquaman, with tipps and strategies.

Medina4life

Media Master
That's the thing,
Very good videos. It would be great if you could do one about his difficult matchups, for example Nightwing or Aquaman, with tipps and strategies.
That is one thing i need the most help with. I'm really free atm and don't know MU. I play at GGA and get bodied by everyone so it's hard for me to have any real input on MU's atm

Flagg

Noob
Hey guys, only been playing Injustice for about 4 days so im still getting to grips with mechanics.

Decided there are two mains I really want to break down. First is Lobo and the second is Green Arrow. I selected him last night in practice mode and I have to say he is really cool. His dash is pretty fast as is his slide, and I think his trait arrows have the possibility for some amazing set ups. I dont usually play zoners but he doesnt seem like a traditional zoner in this.

He doesn't seem to be under the radar, which surprises me as I think this character has a lot of potential! Gotta love his raiden punch/kick string.

shaowebb

Hey guys, only been playing Injustice for about 4 days so im still getting to grips with mechanics.

Decided there are two mains I really want to break down. First is Lobo and the second is Green Arrow. I selected him last night in practice mode and I have to say he is really cool. His dash is pretty fast as is his slide, and I think his trait arrows have the possibility for some amazing set ups. I dont usually play zoners but he doesnt seem like a traditional zoner in this.

He doesn't seem to be under the radar, which surprises me as I think this character has a lot of potential! Gotta love his raiden punch/kick string.
You're right in that he's not a traditional zoner...he's a pressure character. His best stuff is queens gambit and light em up for the high low mixup pressure and the corner is where most of his moves put opponents (and you want them there). In the corner his combos dont push them away allowing for him to reach his maximum damage potential. He utilizes resets, and your best combo ender is loading an arrow...most times ice because it makes your strings safe on block or electric for the mid screen combos it allows.

The main thing to be wary of is even though he can rush in and run away very well if he doesn't succeed in getting his combo is that he is very low damage and struggles at times versus experienced rushdown players.

There is way more than that to him, but those are the basics. Welcome aboard and have fun!

According to the new patch, his best 2 strings just got nerfed. It says his cancel advantage on them were decreased.
Yea this is the 2nd time he gets nerfed, which is stupid because this character already struggles against the top tier characters. I don;t understand NRS reasoning on the Green Arrow nerfs. At the very least they could have given us a trait buff or a 2% increase damage output on his regular arrows, or make his low arrows lower his hitbox so we won;t get hit fullscreen by projectiles trying to zone with low arrows. NRS is fucking retarded and clearly has no idea what they are doing.