What's new

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It is literal spam in the truest sense of the word. The effort it takes to lock someone down fullscreen vs the effort it takes to avoid getting locked down is so out of wack it makes me wonder how they made it to release like this. Does anyone at NRS actually play their own games? Or maybe they don't even know how to play fighting games so they didn't realize the mess they made. Why do anything other than spam full screen if it's so effective? You'd just be making it harder for yourself.
There is a huge disconnect between the people that play, practice, master their ways around zoning, and blow it up seen all throughout the game at this stage, vs people who lose to it and refuse to get better at fighting around the technique.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
People seem to think me thinking zoners have overloaded kits means "i'm impatient". Strange.

Imagine if cheetah had an instant fullscreen laser or robins birdarang came out in 7 frames. Would that be ok to you?

No?

Then why is it cool that the zoners can beat the rushdown at their own game?
The only zoner with crazy up close game is deadshot... everyone else is fine. Firestorm needs lvl 3 trait to become crazy up close and he gets that like what 2 times a game?

There is a huge disconnect between the people that play, practice, master their ways around zoning, and blow it up seen all throughout the game at this stage, vs people who lose to it and refuse to get better at fighting around the technique.
I think people are under the assumption I'm LOSING to the spam.

I'm not.

I get in, I do my damage, I win the match.

That doesn't make it any less 1 sided or any more fun to participate in

The risk/reward is out of wack. This is undeniable.

The only zoner with crazy up close game is deadshot... everyone else is fine. Firestorm needs lvl 3 trait to become crazy up close and he gets that like what 2 times a game?
Black Adam?

Firestorm is probably the most "fair" (i hate that word) zoner. For the reasons you mentioned. He doesn't have an overloaded kit. There's points in the match where he is at a disadvantage.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Go play MK9 against Kabal and then talk about projectiles.

Seriously tho, you just have to be patient and play smarter than your opponents. Use that knowledge of them going to zone to your advantage. Try to pick up on their patterns and how they react to your screen positioning. I'm a Scarecrow main so I feel your pain, but either find ways around it with your character or play someone who CAN deal with that stuff depending on the MU. It really is that simple, but you yourself as the player needs to decide how you're going to overcome that. Especially if you want to play this game at a high level. If you want to play casually then don't complain because you're not the one going to tournaments, they are. Point and case is adapt and learn, counter-pick them, join the zoning club, or go casual.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"

I'm not.

So you are complaining about the method in which you have to win your matches?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs

I'm not.

It does make it less one sided because you're winning.

The risk/reward isn't out of wack because you're getting in, dealing damage and winning

If zoning was so unbeatable, how're you winning?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't think it's busted. It's harder to simply just waltz in on some characters, but I feel like as long as I play patiently I can find a way in. If I'm struggling to get in, it's probably more due to their skill as a zoner or my lack of skill/patience than a problem with the game mechanics.

So you are complaining about the method in which you have to win your matches?
I see, reading comprehension is hard to come by on TYM. I'll break it down for you.

As in. Zoning someone to death is actually EASY compared to NOT being zoned to death. This is due to several game systems not working as intended. If they were to fix these systems then dealing with zoning with be a challenge instead of a war of attrition.

Rooks

Cold Azz Mulatto
Does anyone think removing the meter gain on whiffed projectiles will destroy any characters??? Cause that seems like the best compromise that is absent from OP.

Edit: Never mind all you would have to do is whiff specials for meter gain and they'd have to come in to stop you, which may be too harsh on zoners. Honestly stumped. I guess less meter gain on whiffed?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No zoning in Injustice 2 is overpowered, not even Deadshot. The only thing I would suggest as a nerf for Deadshot is to reduce meter gain on his straight shot. But other than that, he's just a good character.

The only other problems with the game that can be related to zoning is the busted interactables. They are definitely a problem. Some are random, some are unblockable, some come back, etc. Interactables were just fine in MKX, idk why they made them dumb again.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I play only non-projectile characters and I'll be the first to say that the zoners in this game aren't even my hard matchups.

Maybe you should learn your options from walking in, see when you're allowed to dash, and improve your rushdown up close to stay in longer.

This is a game of footsies and patience. This isn't Inj1 or MKX.

It does make it less one sided because you're winning.

The risk/reward isn't out of wack because you're getting in, dealing damage and winning

If zoning was so unbeatable, how're you winning?
I never said zoning was unbeatable. Stop misrepresenting my argument, its annoying.

The risk/reward is out of wack and that has nothing to do with my ability to get in.

What's the WORST thing that happens to a zoner if he mistimes a fireball? Free meter baby!
It is incredibly difficult to make a mistake as a zoning character in I2 because there are no mistakes when there are no [working] answers.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I never said zoning was unbeatable. Stop misrepresenting my argument, its annoying.

The risk/reward is out of wack and that has nothing to do with my ability to get in.

What's the WORST thing that happens to a zoner if he mistimes a fireball? Free meter baby!
It is incredibly difficult to make a mistake as a zoning character in I2 because there are no mistakes when there are no [working] answers.
Is that really all that happens when someone throws out a bad fireball? Free meter?

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I see, reading comprehension is hard to come by on TYM. I'll break it down for you.

As in. Zoning someone to death is actually EASY compared to NOT being zoned to death. This is due to several game systems not working as intended. If they were to fix these systems then dealing with zoning with be a challenge instead of a war of attrition.
Easy "killer"

All I meant was, if you are winning, what does it matter?
Take your W and move on

End of the day its the casuals voice that will get across lol none of the conversation about it here matters whether you are for it or not (Dont care for either side).

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

The point is that if you get in on a zoner that your options should be way better than theirs up close. If you're not capitalizing then that's on you. If you're having an impossibly hard time against zoners up close game then maybe you should really abuse their gaps and weaknesses.

It's the same thing as SF4 and SF5. The zoners are gaining meter like crazy while the opponent gets in. It's EQUALLY as "brainless" too. Maybe you just don't like this kind of game, but don't think for a second that it's a problem that needs to be fixed dude.

I feel the zoning is fine. The issue is the meter build. And I really think they need to use the health system to help balance the game more. For instance, giving a strong zoner (deadshot) less life than a character who requires getting in and has limited tools to do so (catwoman) etc.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I gotta be honest. I dont feel like it's been super hard to get in on characters like Deadshot or Fate.

What sucks is that once I get there, they have a TON of meter. They can roll out of combos, push block, and when they clash they tend to always have plenty of meter.
This right here is my main issue. with the amount of times deadshot fires his gun he gains a shit ton of meter. also the fact that he is actually good upclose

Status
Not open for further replies.