What's new

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd say the worst thing that happens when a zoner throws a bad/mistimed fireball is the opponent jumps/dashes in and punishes them, or walks in and pushes the zoner to the corner, or the opponent is able to punish with their own fireball or far reaching move. The game already has answers to zoning. Walk and Block, MB dash, jumping, character specific moves, firing back with your own fireball if you character has one, whatever. Zoning is strong in this game, but it's not broken.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't think zoning is OD. I think the input system is OD. The online is bad too. A lot of the people that complain about the zoning are playing online with delay.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I never said zoning was unbeatable. Stop misrepresenting my argument, its annoying.

The risk/reward is out of wack and that has nothing to do with my ability to get in.

What's the WORST thing that happens to a zoner if he mistimes a fireball? Free meter baby!
It is incredibly difficult to make a mistake as a zoning character in I2 because there are no mistakes when there are no [working] answers.
But there are working answers because you're getting in and winning.

You are saying zoning is OP but then you say you're beating it. This doesn't make any sense.

The zoner is obviously making mistakes because you're getting in. They aren't controlling space. They are mis-reading you. They are doing things wrong and you are punishing them.

How is this not getting through right now?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
The game is great though :DOGE
So what character do you play so we can understand your anti-zoning bias? You know you salty, Dr Fate zoning isn't even fast and it recovers well enough that people have to think before they fullscreen yolo. I think the zoning should possibly be toned down a little (because zoning battles are retarded feeling) but not much at all

How is this not getting through right now?
I have to make close to 0 mistakes while he can play 1 handed.

So what character do you play so we can understand your anti-zoning bias? You know you salty, Dr Fate zoning isn't even fast and it recovers well enough that people have to think before they fullscreen yolo. I think the zoning should possibly be toned down a little (because zoning battles are (soap bar in my mouth) feeling) but not much at all
Yeah Dr Fate zoning isn't that crazy. He's got some crazy corner pressure though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Zoning is not busted at all... Some characters are really good at it but so what? I am actually glad zoning is a good and viable playstyle this time around. There are good zoners just like there are good midrange and rushdown characters.

People seem to think that they should be able make ONE good read and instantly get in (this goes to people who want a faster MB roll) but that wouldn't be fair for zoners, they have the right to keep you out as long as they can if they make the better reads. You have the options of walking, ducking, jumping projectiles, dashing in on a read, MB rolling on a read and characte specific stuff, you can't just do it mindlessly.

For example, against Deadshot you have to walk and duck his straight gunshot but after low rifle, mid shot or his multiple shot you can make a read with MB roll or you can get a dash in at worst. Yes, they can get a lot of chip damage on you and build meter but once you get in mid range or up-close, depending on your character's strenghts, you will probably take their whole lifebar and build meter yourself.

I main Cheetah and Wonder Woman, both have a hard time against most zoners but I have never ever felt hopeless at all against them because it's all about reads.

People seem to think that they should be able make ONE good read and instantly get in (this goes to people who want a faster MB roll) but that wouldn't be fair for zoners, they have the right to keep you out as long as they can if they make the better reads.
Why would that not be legit? They only have to make ONE good read to push you back out full screen.

You're not making "reads" as most of the zoners in this game. Their projectiles cover too many options to call it that. That's an insult to characters like firestorm who actually have to make solid reads to zone effectively

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
People seem to think me thinking zoners have overloaded kits means "i'm impatient". Strange.

Imagine if cheetah had an instant fullscreen laser or robins birdarang came out in 7 frames. Would that be ok to you?

No?

Then why is it cool that the zoners can beat the rushdown at their own game?
This is tbh the only real issue I have with the game design. Why should a character like deadshot that's designed around keeping me out have the option to pummel me with unreactable low/oh staggers and fucking 6f mids while the fastest man alive is throwing 8f jabs? It just blows my mind....

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Why would that not be legit? They only have to make ONE good read to push you back out full screen.

You're not making "reads" as most of the zoners in this game. Their projectiles cover too many options to call it that. That's an insult to characters like firestorm who actually have to make solid reads to zone effectively
What zoner aside from deadshot actually does this, and i think deadshots superoverated.

No zoning in Injustice 2 is overpowered, not even Deadshot. The only thing I would suggest as a nerf for Deadshot is to reduce meter gain on his straight shot. But other than that, he's just a good character.

The only other problems with the game that can be related to zoning is the busted interactables. They are definitely a problem. Some are random, some are unblockable, some come back, etc. Interactables were just fine in MKX, idk why they made them dumb again.
No deadshot should not have mostly safe stagger able 50/50s. Lots of rushdown characters dont even have 50/50s no excuse for him to have them.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Black Adam?

Firestorm is probably the most "fair" (i hate that word) zoner. For the reasons you mentioned. He doesn't have an overloaded kit. There's points in the match where he is at a disadvantage.
Black Adam really isn't a zoner though. He can't sit fullscreen and toss stuff at u like traditional zoners. S

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Because that would make this game's zoning very weak IMO. Not really, once you are in against most of these characters they have to take your pressure because most lack wake-up attacks or are actually very easy to stuff with MB B3/neutrak jump it's not like they have Martian Manhunter's push or anything, MB B3 even covers all their options literally, it's nothing different than their projectiles.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Firestorm, the character with a 3 frame ex fireball that sends you flying full screen and a low restanding fireball that confirms into 40% and 50/50s is the only "fair" zoner?

@OFC Salty Santa Cmon bruh, you're just lashing out

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Don't like it, don't play it.

For better or worse this is the game NRS wanted to make, and what NRS players want to play.

There are other games that cater to your preference, no reason to try and change this game to be what you want.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
No deadshot should not have mostly safe stagger able 50/50s. Lots of rushdown characters dont even have 50/50s no excuse for him to have them.
You could backdash all his followups after B1.
You could do the same to Firestorm.

Their mixups are fake midscreen.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It also makes sense that other characters don't get as much reward in terms of damage on their projectiles but maybe just more pushback instead. That's just the way I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.