What's new

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I don't play Grodd, but I guess my question would be, are we sure people are playing Grodd to his full potential yet? I agree that right now certain characters have toolkits which seem to give them big advantages, but that can change as people learn matchups or learn to better use some of the new characters. Either way, I don't think zoning is broken in the game, as the OP was alluding to.
As a Grodd main I can say he can get in just as easy as any other character. His problem is once he's there he can't fucking do anything except D1. Playing good Deadshots sucks.

I'm sorry, but if anyone compares Guile/Morrigan/SF in general zoning to Injustice, you're probably a half-wit that wears a helmet to eat cereal.

In SF:

- projectiles clash
- you build meter off almost anything including blocking projectiles
- full screen is not nearly the size in Injustice full screen
- no safe dps aside Ken v trigger, sf4 fadcs
- projectiles are nowhere near as fast with minimal recovery frames
- Guile cannot mess up at all if he's just throwing booms

Morrigan:
- takes execution
-requires a whole other character to be effective with zoning (Dr. Doom missile assist)

I understand if all you guys play are NRS fighters, but please don't speak on others if you don't know a thing about them and just stream monster view them.

That said, the game is fun, but the game is pretty much a zoners paradise.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
This game is great. If you idiots noticed any character with great projectiles has shit buttons, gaps in strings, No 50/50's and shit damage.......jahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm just bullshittin' nerf Will Smith dat bitch has 50\50's with some of the best zoning in the game.

Fate: Ass buttons, unsafe strings, gaps.
Darkseid: no lows, gaps,ass wakeup
Supergirl: Gaps, needs meter, zoning only with trait.
GL: Just duck fullscreen

Deadshot: Air shot, ground shot, AA bounce shots, steals meter with same shots. Get close....Mix.

Fuck that guy.

Error

DF2+R2
"Aquaman zones out Dr.Fate" is the funniest thing I've read today.

Aquaman and Firestorm aren't zoners, Aquaman is a defensive footsie character and Firestorm is more of a 50/50 anti zoner/a Batgirl lite.

"Aquaman zones out Dr.Fate" is the funniest thing I've read today.

Aquaman and Firestorm aren't zoners, Aquaman is a defensive footsie character and Firestorm is more of a 50/50 anti zoner/a Batgirl lite.
This is how I have felt in that MU, not necessarily how it actually is - I'm still wrapping my head around fate. What I have noticed VS a competent aquaman is that he will sit fullscreen and check you every single time you attempt to get your set ups and zoning going. FTD is an exceptional lock down tool against zoners, hence why I feel it outzones fate from fullscreen. But given your statement:

You're fate, vs a fullscreen aquaman, enlighten me - how do you play this scenario?

Saying how it is on paper and how it plays out are two different things, so I'm all ears to hear your strategy

If we can all agree that the balancing of this game should be skewed towards the high levels of play, then lets look there.

If zoning was busted, you could expect to see heavy zoning characters carrying their players to some degree, or allowing their players to overachieve. We don;t see this at all. In fact, the best player in the world actually has to switch off of the best zoner in the game when going up against anyone good, irrespective of the character they play.

I would agree that at certain levels of play, certain matchups are ridiculous. But I think we should let the meta develop before we beg NRS to address even those

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
how can zoning be dominant if most people only have 1 zoner (deadshot) in their top 5. If zoning was so dominaint then wouldn't there be more then 1 top tier zoner?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Almost everything you said is exactly whats wrong with tym lol. Almost no one who plays this game at a high level thinks this at all. Ppl dont exploit zoners enough at all,ppl still walk in on darkseids zoning when they can dash, no one punishes supes etc. While i do think some characters need some buffs,everything else you said is (soap bar in my mouth) lol. Like have you seen wotg,nlbc,rhs. Like most good players deal with zoning fine lol. Im actually glad the devs rarely go on tym anymore its become cancer lol.
I play only non-projectile characters and I'll be the first to say that the zoners in this game aren't even my hard matchups.

Maybe you should learn your options from walking in, see when you're allowed to dash, and improve your rushdown up close to stay in longer.

This is a game of footsies and patience. This isn't Inj1 or MKX.
The point is that if you get in on a zoner that your options should be way better than theirs up close. If you're not capitalizing then that's on you. If you're having an impossibly hard time against zoners up close game then maybe you should really abuse their gaps and weaknesses.

It's the same thing as SF4 and SF5. The zoners are gaining meter like crazy while the opponent gets in. It's EQUALLY as "brainless" too. Maybe you just don't like this kind of game, but don't think for a second that it's a problem that needs to be fixed dude.
You could backdash all his followups after B1.
You could do the same to Firestorm.

Their mixups are fake midscreen.
I have no issues getting in on any of the zoners, and I do not play any zoning characters yet.

Too many people want Injustice and NRS to follow the Asian fighting games formula, but NRS is not afraid to make their own kind of game. If you do not enjoy the game, stop playing it. There are plenty of other games to fit your needs.
I have inserted some of my favorite quotes from this thread to properly close it.

Happy Zoning, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.