What's new

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NECXI) Dec 4th & 5th - PHILADELPHIA, PA - UMK3 & MKII

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
wow thats awesome. i really REALLY am pissed i couldnt go.

NECXI = Biggest MK tourney ever.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Good to see Dookie and Gem were able to show up. I wanted to be there so badly last night but there is just no way I could have made it happen with my schooling about to be completed. I will be there for Winter Brawl, though.

Congrats again to Brian for running through some quality competition.

MIKECALDWELL

Kombatant
Congratulations Brian. Very impressive dude, especially since you had to go through dookie and david gem this time. Did you pick mileena all the way?

btbb99

Apprentice
thanks everyone!!! @ mike, nah i picked mileena very little last night, all the guys i played in the tourney have awesome raiden's and raiden can be the kryptonite for my mileena lol, so i had to watch out for that, summoning likes to counterpick whoever he plays, he won't pick until you pick first so i was extra glad i beat him. since me dook and gem are friends we worked it as fare as possible with me and dook rotating mil vs raiden fights, and me and gem picking whoever we wanted then switching characters the next fight, the whole thing was recorded so i'm sure they will be posted on the site soon, i'll have to ask schiess about that!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
btbb99 said:
thanks everyone!!! @ mike, nah i picked mileena very little last night, all the guys i played in the tourney have awesome raiden's and raiden can be the kryptonite for my mileena lol, so i had to watch out for that, summoning likes to counterpick whoever he plays, he won't pick until you pick first so i was extra glad i beat him. since me dook and gem are friends we worked it as fare as possible with me and dook rotating mil vs raiden fights, and me and gem doing picking whoever we wanted then switching characters the next fight, the whole thing was recorded so i'm sure they will be posted on the site soon, i'll have to ask schiess about that!
Yeah that counterpicking pisses me off. Unfortunately, it's all legal in these types of tourneys. Best thing to do is just go with your main and tear into the other player.

btbb99

Apprentice
dciguy01 said:
Yeah that counterpicking pisses me off. Unfortunately, it's all legal in these types of tourneys. Best thing to do is just go with your main and tear into the other player.
completely agree bill, it's not exactly breaking news what i'm about to say since we all no kang is tiered 1-3 in mk2 but i noticed kang did just as good if not better then mileena in the offline tourney's

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
KanoMK2 just told me the top 3

Marvirrasta
Crazy Dominican
REO

Shit, I thought CD wasn't playing anymore. He told me he was very busy all these months to even play. So, he placed 2nd with little to no practice? :confused:

can't wait for those vids

S

SuGaR

Glad to see that we finally have a tournament winner that I would say is decently better than me instead of "OMG that kid is bad, oh wait so was everyone else playing." Congrats to REO for placing top three with some stiff competition. Congrats to Marvin for winning and big ups to CD placing second with no practice.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Best tournament ever, congrats to Marv CD and REO for the great performance...those guys blew me away completely. Also mad props to Juggs, DC hustle, Shock,No doubt,9.95,Summoning, Dark Rob all the dudes from TYM and the list goes endless pretty much. Respect for all of those who came to play,hang out and have fun. See ya again in February. Now busy as hell, more words soon.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Epic battles, damn. But, seeing the way Marvin dominated CD (who had no practice whatsoever as far as I know), I just can't imagine how the rest of the players did against him. Was THAT dominant? geez! this dude is a beast, thank you guys for keeping this game alive and bringing such higher and higher level each tournament.

Hope to see Marvirrasta in another tournament. Who knows? maybe against Hanzo/RZP. Congrats to everyone who attended, and I'll patiently wait for more videos.

MKK hanzo

Man CD is soooooooooooooooo rusted. What is with all that sweeping?

Still great showoff by Marvin and CD. Hope to play them some day!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Little shout outs.

Marvin Rasta- I have never seen some one playing so aggressive and technically like you. I was blown away completely.

CD- dude, we never get to play but your game and mind reading was definitely the best I've seen. Hands down!!!

REO- man you are a true beast at the game and since summer jam your level increased immensely. Respect and Ill see you in a couple of weeks at LI.

Juggs- huge honor to meet you and congratulations on the good placing. Definitely one of the best Human Smoke i played against. I truly hope to see you next spring at NEC.

DC Hustle- Man thank you so much for coming. Your mind game and technical skills totally blew me away. One of the most solid players I got to face. I am looking forward to play you soon and hopefully increase my level.Also thank you for showing me some good tips.

No doubt- Good stuff my man. you showed up out of nowhere and did more than great...The matches we had were awesome and you did very very well...hope to see you in February.

Shock- Man you know what I'm gonna say bro, without you and your desire to keep the MK tourney scene alive,this whole thing wouldn't even happen. Huge Respect!!!!!!!

Summoning- Great stuff dude...you play like no one else.Keep the originality and I'll see you in a couple of weeks for more matches

9.95- dude you are a true God...without you any of this wouldn't happen. Thank you for dedicating so much time,making so many sacrifices in order to make all of us feel nice and welcome. Respect!!!

Dark Rob- man you got so much better and improved so much since last time we played..keep up the good work bro,i'll see you in a couple of weeks for a huge mk weekend marathon in LI.

Storms- dude you are the man...thanks for bringing the cab,recording the matches and doing soooooo much for this community! You rule!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arez-dude even tho things did not go well in alpha 3 the matches in the room later were so much fun,keep it real dude!!!!

THTB- thank you for coming and being such a great dude.keep up the good work man,hope to play you soon again.

Check- It was extremely nice to finally meet you and discuss some issues about the newer mk games...I'm impressed with your skills and imo you did very nice in UMK3. I hope to see you soon again for more games.

Bill- Good stuff man, congrats on wining MKvs DC...Awesome MK skills!!! Respect.

Mad props to the rest of the dudes who came to play and support the spirit of MK- Aldagod,Jago,DanCock,Riu48,bluenine,Julian,Kazi,VDO,Kyle,LiJoe,Sweet Johny Cage etc.

Also mad props to the MK2 beasts btbb99,David GEM and DookieBrain who showed pro-skills at the game.

I hope i didnt miss anyone...If i did I'm sorry and I'll edit if i have to...

See ya again in February!

Champion
both are 9.95 vs. Kazi.

I actually lost the set and was knocked out of the tournament by him... I was so damn rusty...LOL..

Dark_Rob

Champion
Ok guys, bear with me. This could take awhile. lol

First and foremost We all have to thank Big Eric for once again having UMK3 at his tournament. Eric has always been a strong supporter of us and without him we wouldnt be where we are now, or have a place to do this. Eric, the entire MK community is in your debt. You are the man.

Secondly. We all need to bow our heads in respect to Shock,9.95 and Summoning. The offline/tournament community/scene we all now enjoy was built by these 3 incredible people. Without they're hard work, sacrifice and unwavering dedication to UMK3, what happened at NEC would not have been possible. They dragged this at one point seemingly dead game back from the brink and by the sheer force of they're own will and dedication have brought it to the level of prestige it now enjoys. We owe you guys everything.

Shout outs(in no particular order)

Juggernaut - Of all the people who made it out to NEC, it was you that I was most glad to see make it there. I know how long you have wanted to attend a major tournament, and how fitting it was that it was the biggest UMK3 tournament weve ever had that you got to come out and showcase your brand of high level play and extraordinary talent. You came and proved you are one of the very best. I hope you had a great time and we can see much more of you at future tournaments.

Reo - At only 19 years old Reo is already a UMK3 legend. His skill is nearly insurmountable except by the absolute best of the best. I learn something new from you about UMK3 everytime I talk to you. Amidst a whos who of the biggest names to ever play the game you emerged in the top 3. A truly unbelievable feat given the unreal competition present at this tournament. Also thanks for listening to me ramble on about all things UMK3 on the ride home, it really helped keep me awake. That drive was rough lol.

Marvirasta - Hands down, the best Ive ever seen. He came, he saw, he conquered. Watching you play is watching a master at work. Congratulations on winning the tournament. You stand alone atop the mountain, the undisputed champion.

Crazy Dominican - For you to have come out of retirement after 2 years and cruise right into the grand finals was the sickest thing Ive ever seen. Especially given the talent that was in attendance. I can only imagine how fearsome you were in your prime. Strike that, I dont think I can fathom it actually.

DC Hustle - You are a class act sir. One of the highlest level talents in UMK3 Ive ever seen. It was tragic when your controller crapped out on you. But where others might have whined and cried about it, you sir continued onward like a champion would. Tons of respect my man. Your the stuff champions are made out of.

No Doubt Arion - This kid came out of nowhere and absolutely dominated. Whats funny is he was doubting how well he would do in the tournament and turns out to be one of the best players there. Good stuff man, I hope you become a tournament regular.

AC1984 - My man! AC is one of my UMK3 mentors. Ive learned so much from him about this game. He is always ever improving himself and hes always looking to play the best players and force himself to become even better. Wel get something going in the next few weeks up here for some UMK3 madness.

THTB - You are one cool cat. I really enjoyed all the casuals we got to play on the cab and your Sonya is developing really nicely. You play a really good turtle game with her and your a really smart player.

Storms - I was SO busy this weekend that I didnt get the time to hang and talk to you as much as I would have liked. But dont think I didnt notice what you did for us this weekend. With 9.95, Shock and myself all tied up with making the tournament happen, Storms took the initiative by documenting EVERYTHING. He handled all the recording of matches and lets not forget the Mega-cab. I dont think there was a single moment except maybe during grand finals when the cab was not in use. There was always someone on it. Youve become such an asset to the community in such a short time. Believe me all your help is really appreciated.

Check - Man of all the people I blew my chance to really get to know its not getting to spend enough time with Check I regret the most. Hes such a knowledgable person and a legend in this community when it comes to MK I really wish I had gotten to spend more time with him and gotten to pick his brain about MK9 and his thoughts on it. A real classy guy though I could tell he was just from the short time I got to spend with him.

Dan Cock,Riu, and Jago - Again I really wish I had gotten to spend more time with you guys. I was heavily involved in the UMK3 side of things that I didnt get to spend anywhere near the time I would have liked getting to know you guys. Hopefully we can remedy this at future tournaments.

Arez GOW - It was great finally getting to meet you Eric. Your just as real in real life as you are on the forums. No pretense, No bullshit, Just Eric. Your outgoing, funny and not afraid to just be you. I was glad you made it down, even if just for that one day.

Tim Static - Yes I know you couldnt be there in person, nevertheless you were there with us in spirit bro. Like Shock,9.95 and Summoning youve been burning this UMK3 candle for a very long time. Your every bit as integral to this community as they are. Our success is your success. I only wish you could have seen it. I think it would have brought a tear to your eye to see UMK3 succeed beyond our wildest dreams. Much respect bro, as always.(And thanks for keeping the forums updated as everything happened)

Tom Brady - It was great to see you again. Im glad you got what youve always wanted. To have MKDC succeed at a real tournament. I was so busy I didnt get to see alot of it. But I was told by even some of the UMK3 guys that the game held up really well offline in high level play. Conratulations on the win my man.

Also shoutouts to all the UMK3 regulars that ive gotten to know at these events - Blue IX, Kyle Comeback, Jeron, Kazi, Kona, Sweet Johnny Cage, ILoveu Joe, Julian, Red Saleen, Kaldragon.

I know Im forgetting soooo many people. Please forgive me. It was such a crazy weekend and Im going on so little sleep my brain is not functioning correctly anymore.

OJuggernaut0

Apprentice
This tournament was the most fun I've had in a long time. I can't tell you how appreciative I am to all of those who helped me get there.

Dark Rob - It was great finally meeting you in person. I can't thank you enough for everything you did for me man. Your room was awesome Saturday night/Sunday morning with the casuals going on. Falling asleep listening to UMK3 casuals was the easiest way I've ever fallen asleep! Really appreciate how much you did as far as setting up things as well. That looked pretty tedious especially when setting up all the buttons. Thanks for picking me up and dropping me off at the airport, I honestly couldn't have managed without you. Your Human Smoke is coming a long nicely, I was impressed. Before long you'll be a force in the tournaments!

Phil/9.95 - Really glad you decided to do that fundraiser, I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for you and the community. We didn't get to spend too much time together since you were so damn busy the whole time. Seriously man, you do so much at these tournaments, it's pretty unbelievable. I never realized how much time and effort goes into running these tournaments. If it wasn't for you guys nothing could've got done. It was awesome meeting you, Mel and the little doggies, lol. It seems you have a good thing going man. Hopefully I can make it to the next tournament! Oh and your Human Smoke was amazing as well. Definitely very solid, you almost beat Marvin!

DC HUSTLE - Man we've known each other forever and this was the first time we actually met in person. Your skills are still sick, it was a long time coming finally playing you offline. It sucks that your controller broke, but you did great regardless. That Jax is the best Jax I've ever played, glad you didn't use him against me in tourney. Congrats on getting top 5, very good performance for your first tournament. We had hella fun, hopefully we both can make it in feb.

Shock - Good meeting you man. Our casuals were intense and when we played in tournament it was even more intense. I was really glad I got to play you, very fun experience. Thanks for all you do for the community, it really is amazing to see.

NoDoubt Arion - Nice to meet you man. We hung out all weekend, you're pretty funny. Your skills were awesome, we didn't get to play too much, but we did get to play. Congrats on doing well in the tournament, good shit. Hopefully you got home okay, last I saw you got on the train. Shit was mad cold out there, jesus.

summ0ning - Beast Kung Lao, I so didn't want to play you in tourney. You're a very cool dude and I hope to see again soon.

Dan - GGs in UMK3. My first match was you, and I was soo nervous. In all honesty you were my toughest match mentally than anyone. Keep it up in UMK3 man, that Sindel was extra nice.

Jago - Super nice person. I saw some of your skills in the 3D MK's, good shit man. Maybe next time we will get to hang out more.

Red Saleen - Why you so quiet man? lol cool to finally meet you. I didn't even know who you were until someone told me. I saw you playing on the cab, pretty good shit man. You should've entered the tourney!

THTB - Tay your Sonya is pretty sick. I was impressed when I was watching you play. I was wanting to play you in DBZ, but maybe next time. I also got to see you play the 3D MK's, god like man. You're going to have to teach me some shit if I ever get into those games. Awesome meeting you man, you're an awesome dude hopefully I will see you soon!

REO - Yo UGHHHH! REO, man you have truly come a long way. I remember just a few months ago were weren't near the level you are now. How the hell do you do that? Your ability to adapt and improve every time you play is unrivaled by anyone. That Nightwolf is super solid, hopefully we can get a re-match in at the next tournament. It was fun hanging with you the whole weekend, you're a chill dude. Just smile every once in awhile bro, lol.

AC1984/Simon - Thanks for taking us to get food man, I would have died without you. Your UMK3 skills are sick, I am glad I didn't have to play you in the tournament. It was awesome meeting you and chatting the whole weekend. Hopefully I will see you at the next tournament.

Storms - My boy Storms! Man that cab was amazing. I didn't play on it too much, but I did play on it. I just can't fathom the stick for UMK3, it seems so complicated to me. Thanks for recording all the matches and for supporting the MK scene. GG's in MKDC, even though I got owned it was fun playing that game offline. I just need to remember how to play that game, lol.

Tom Brady - Yo, sick skills in MKDC man. Also congrats on doing well in Tekken. I wanted to watch you play it but was just too busy with all the MK stuff. It was awesome meeting you and thank you as well for playing the UMK3 tournament. You're hilarious and hope to see you at the next tournament.

Check - My first MKDC match was against you, lolol. Too bad I wasn't more of a challenge, but I literally haven't played the game since it came out. I use Sub-Zero and he sucks online so I just stopped playing. MKDC is a fun game to watch at high levels, at least offline it is. Very insane shit in MKDC, I was flying around the screen the whole time we were playing, lmao! Keep going to tournaments man!

Arez - Mad funny dude. You are just the same in person as you are on here, which not a lot of people are. I don't know what happened to you Sunday, but hopefully you can make it out to the next tournament.

Crazy Dominican - Man when we heard you were coming, everyone got mad hyped! Really glad you made it out man. For someone who hasn't played in forever, a rusty CD got 2nd place! Hopefully you find the time to start playing again, UMK3 tournaments are blowing up. NEC had some of the best players I've ever seen, insane shit.

Marv - One of the best UMK3 players I've ever played! Not only is he a master of kara jabs, but his execution and reactions are gdlk! Our tournament match was epic, very close, I just choked and you stayed calm. I was just laughing when you were getting all of those relaunches, sick shit bro.

If I missed anyone I'll get you later. VERY fun experience. Thanks to everyone who made this trip possible for me. You don't realize how much I appreciate it!

Champion
ok... update on the videos posted of MK2 with me playing...

Scorp vs. Jax is 9.95(Scorp) vs. Jeron(Jax)

Scorp vs. Kitana is 9.95(Scorp) vs. Dark Rob(Kitana)

Scorp vs. Scorp is 9.95(Scorp P1) vs. Kazi(Scorp P2)

Azuro

Mortal
Whoo damn, finally I can do a shoutouts post! Man...NEC was absolutely fantastic.

Big, big, big ups to Big E for going hard with NEC. You are the man!

A special shoutout to Tim. I so wish you coulda made this one! It was amazing!

Phil - Great to see you again! Next time we're all together, we need to play UMK3 more, and I appreciate that you tried to get the 3D MKs going in tournaments, even though it didn't pan out that way. Oh well, there's always next time. :(

Matt - Also great to see you again! I want to play that Reptile some more next time! So, so hard to get in on without losing at least 40% of your life! Fun stuff. :)

Rob - Finally! We got to meet! Very awesome matches with you and great H.Smoke! You're very cool and fun to hang out with.

Nit - Seriously, I have waaaay too much fun playing your Cyrax. It's like UMK3 dodgeball with all those bombs! Good times, man, good times!

Joe - Showing everyone once again how talented of a player you are. Congrats on the high finishes, well deserved! I wish we could've played more, man, especially in MKA.

Bill - I know you love the cheapness of Sareena... :) Definitely a pleasure to chill and talk with you again man, as well as play games. Finally, MKDC has finally been played in a tournament!

Simon - Argh! I wish I played you more! Hell, I wish I hung out with you more. But regardless, definitely fun to be around during the times we were chilling.

Scott - Damn I wish we had time for those interviews. It was a great pleasure meeting you man. Very good Raiden in MKDC. I just wish we could've played some in the MK games there. And hella props for bringing the mega cab and doing so much recording of the matches! I can't wait to see the footage of inside the room...awesome convos while playing MK!

Jay - The man I wanted to meet and chill with after such a long time...I'm definitely glad I got the opportunity to hang with you. Very, very chill and such a knowledgeable person. Convos with you and Bill are always a blast...and your combo abilities and play skills are absolutely sick. I'm glad I got to meet you after such a long time. Fun, fun times playing matches after trying to get some in online. So much footage caught, too! Glad we filled up your hard drive with some good shit. You and I both know that air throw on Sheeva was too sweet, also. :) Definitely hope to be chilling with you again in February and hope you make it out to many more tournaments down the road!

Dan - Another person I wanted to meet after such a long time. You're definitely awesome! Great times man. Playing your bitches in MK is always fun. Soooo mad we didn't get to do those money matches! Hope to see you at Winter Brawl if you can make it! :)

Jago - I'm glad you were able to make it to NEC! I know you had one hell of a time chilling with all of us and finally getting a chance to play offline. You're very good in MK, man...keep it up and hope to see you at more tournaments down the road!

Riu - Awesome times with you and very fun games. Definitely glad you made it. Great games all around in whatever we played...and I hope to see you again at Winter Brawl!

Tyler - First UMK3 tournament and you make it so far man! Congratulations! It's a damn shame we didn't get to play at all. Glad to see you also had fun with everything. Hopefully you can make it to more tournaments also!

T - Maaaaan...I seriously wish we could've played some games and just hung out more in general. Definitely a cool cat and a great player indeed.

Arez - Dude...you are absolutely hilarious man! It's a shame we didn't get to see you at all later on Sunday. Fun games and sick Sheeva in MKA and all around funny ass convos with you!

Red - Damn, I'm mad I didn't find out who you were until later on! Definitely wanted to see you do some tourney play, man. Good to meet you as well. :)

Arion - Good to meet you dude. Very good Kitana play...your use of her impresses me, reminds me a lot of when I got to play Kelly's Kitana back at SB. Good stuff dude.

If I'm missing anyone, I sincerely apologize. Very, very fun stuff all around...way better time than at SB, and it was the time of my life there! I definitely want to be able to make it to NJ in February! Every single one of you guys are awesome. Much love to EVERYONE in the community. Stay strong guys. :)

MK FOR LIFE!

MKK hanzo

ScheissNussen said:
REO vs Tom Brady in MKDC - Winners Finals

Even if you don't like the game it's still fun to watch good players
very good matches. I wanna see Check playing!!

dookiebrain

Kombatant
Good times, good times.

Wanna say thanks in particular to AC1984 for saving DavidGEM and myself from leaving for the place at 1:00am Saturday night to drive potentially 6 hours home which is what it took the next day to get back to CT, got lost a few times. I got sick on the way down and when i got to Philly i was in bad shape. Thanks for letting us crash, i would have been sick and sleeping somewhere on the jersey pike. good look man and ill get you back somehow in Feb.

DavidGEM: for putting up with a car that didn't have a radio, lol for 4 hours, lol. Mad cool meeting you, your a crazy good player.

Btbb: Dude man it was great to meet you, Thanks so much for taking us out after the MK2 tourney. Sorry i was so sick. congrats on your 2nd win,your top dog!!

Shock: really cool meeting you, your an awesome dude and really make shit happen in the community, thanks for the help. great watching you guys play umk3, you guys are all crazy good

Phil (9.95) awesome chillin again, what i wanna know is how on earth you manage all those tourneys, controllers, tv sets, mame setups at the same time. you fuckin own dude.

Summoning: great hanging with you again, Ill def be back in Feb to chill.thanks for all the help too.

Dark Rob: great meeting you man, we def gotta chill again and thanks for the help as well.

also great to hang and meet Steve N, Kazi, REO (tight mileena matches we had, damn) and everyone else at that place, shit was tight!!!

ill be back in Feb no doubt, hopefully GEM will come again as well.

Hopefully in Feb Tim-Static and DCIguy will be there too. Somehow i missed Juggernaut, that's crazy and it would have been cool to meet you