What's new

Noob Sailboat needs help

Games been out 3 weeks don’t nerf anyone....I’d rather them take the bad characters and give them better tournament variations while keeping everything else as is.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Games been out 3 weeks don’t nerf anyone....I’d rather them take the bad characters and give them better tournament variations while keeping everything else as is.
Tweaks, man. No changes. Just some tweaks, then the game should marinate for a long while; however, people are impatient and disagree with this.

Dante

Noob
Sure I'm just saying what the correct course of action is imo.
We are literally playing with d4 and b2. It works OK so far but realistically speaking, not for much longer. Hitconfirmable mid starters is a must in this game

Sure I'm just saying what the correct course of action is imo.
We are literally playing with d4 and b2. It works OK so far but realistically speaking, not for much longer. Hitconfirmable mid starters is a must in this game
Valid take. Who knows how the meta will adapt down the line but at least a month in noobs not lookin too bad

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Also am I the only idiot where my d4 often does a shadow kick? Like I crouch for a d3 or d4, back up, change my mind to go for another and Brrrrrt sails over their head and I eat a combo.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Also am I the only idiot where my d4 often does a shadow kick? Like I crouch for a d3 or d4, back up, change my mind to go for another and Brrrrrt sails over their head and I eat a combo.
What's your input latency set on? If it's on high then switch it to medium or low. I used to get a similar problem when I played Skarlet in the beta, then switched that to medium and negative edge off, and I didn't have thos problem afterwards.

Hehe i think we all know who the clown u and that u you XD
Enough. Just talk to one another like grown adults please.

I stopped using Noob after week 1. He isn't terrible, but he isn't great either. I would put him mid tier or low mid tier. If his shadow tackle (I don't know what its called) was faster and an overhead that would help immensely. Right now it is worthless.
He is fun to use however so I may pick him back up.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
I stopped using Noob after week 1. He isn't terrible, but he isn't great either. I would put him mid tier or low mid tier. If his shadow tackle (I don't know what its called) was faster and an overhead that would help immensely. Right now it is worthless.
It is crazy how bad the shadow tackle is. It should be faster and overhead. If it were overhead it would make variation 1 (with the low clone) better, but even with the low clone why does it only go half screen. Outside of combos in Dark Sabbath the shadow tackle is pretty useless imo.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I honestly just feel that the standard of balance for previous NRS games makes most of the roster feel like low mid tier in this game.
When you compare Noob to the rest of the roster, I doubt he's in the bottom half in terms of viability.
For better or worse, the way the kits were designed in this game makes it so characters have a lot more clear weaknesses than MKX or INJ2 characters imo. I personally think it's fine as long as it's that way for everyone, which would mean bringing some of the outliers in line.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Noob was strong when people didn't know his horrendous frame data and all they saw was his 40% mid screen damage. All he needs is a slight buff to his frame data, buff the shit outta shadow tackle if its gonna be a base move(if not just replace it with slide), and to make b1, 1+3 universally safe. Although that last one might be too much love if we're being honest

This is pretty much my take on him, but i've dropped the game until the first patch. It's frustrating to play a game when there's still so much unfinished. It's not a lot, but having so many characters who have 2 viable variations while others barely have one is just bleh.

Further for many you can at least look at the options and say "ok i see what they're doing here" even if it's not quite up to snuff yet, but noob especially feels like a one trick pony that just happens to barely work, while his other variation is just offensively bad. Maybe he was broke as shit in some beta build and they never finsihed testing him post nerfs before launch, but how you can put something out like this boggles me still.

What's your input latency set on? If it's on high then switch it to medium or low. I used to get a similar problem when I played Skarlet in the beta, then switched that to medium and negative edge off, and I didn't have thos problem afterwards.

Enough. Just talk to one another like grown adults please.
ok

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I was in the process of making a video on Noob Saibot on whether or not he needs buffs and I stopped because I wasn't sure if it was worth my time, since I doubt anyone would take anyones 2 cents into consideration. It seems like those who believe Noob needs buffs refuse to acknowledge any other belief that conflicts with their own.

I was writing the script for it and in their I talk about the points those who want buffs are asking for and it dawned on me that with their suggestions for buffs plus how Noob is now would equate to Noob being MK9 Kabal tier, if not the close to it. It made me realize how absurd the idea of Noob receiving buffs is.

The buffs people have been suggesting are:
  1. More mixups
  2. Better Zoning
  3. Safer strings (He's safe on a lot already, so I guess they mean + advantage to make him more of an aggro character)
All those combined with great midrange gameplay, some of the best pokes in the game, 3 combo starters that start at 7,8 and 9 frames, and strings that advance him forward would make him stupid good.

I just think people don't realize what they're asking for. They don't realize the character isn't the reason why they're losing. It's them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If anyone is curious about the video and would actually take the time to listen then maybe I'll de ide to finish it.

Dante

Noob
All he needs is a way to make a MID starting string safe. and ofc fixing KBs
I do realize what im asking for. The game cannot be played without one of those.

That being said, fixing alot of the games other issues will make noob better too. b11+3 being safe cant hurt

Hitoshura

Head Cage
All he needs is a way to make a MID starting string safe. and ofc fixing KBs
I do realize what im asking for. The game cannot be played without one of those.

That being said, fixing alot of the games other issues will make noob better too. b11+3 being safe cant hurt
B1, 1+3 is safe. The 1+3 pushes the opponent back on block, so very little can punish it. The only time it can be considered "unsafe" is if you do b1 literally right next to the opponent which never happens, unless you're using it wrong and even then it pushes you back a good distance. B1 is a spacing tool.

I'd recommend stop relying so much on numbers and learn how to space properly. I use this move all the time at my locals and not much can punish it.