What's new

Noob Sailboat needs help

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I disagree with Hitoshura when he claims Noob is strong, but I also disagree with people who think he is weak. I think he is average. Perhaps slightly above average. To me, he does nothing special that the S tier characters do not already do. I love the character design but realize that the "premier zoning character" was a facade so I just use him as my secondary or tertiary character.
He's a great character on paper; however, when you put a character with a play style like Noob Saibot's in a game with characters that are virtually safe on a lot of their strings and posses better neutral play, his performance starts to get shaky. 1,1,3 is a great punisher that scales the least in contrast to the rest of his combo starters and leads to some great damage, but the downside of 1,1,3 is the 1 has slightly shorter reach than the rest of his normals, so sometimes when punishing the opponent 1 doesn't quite reach out to the opponent due to the pushback of their string and often times one must dash in and do 1; however, even then there are instances where 1 won't be able to punish in time.

The strings Noob players are going to be landing the most are f2,2,1,2, which makes up a huge percentage, and b1, 1+3, which varies depending on who you're up against. F2,1,2 xx Shadow Tackle nets about 20ish percent on average and pushes the opponent back, so a majority of the time one is going to net the same damage that a lot of characters get midscreen, but just as a form of punish. Noob has a hard time opening people up, so being able to land 20%ish every so often requires compensation in the form of patience during neutral. He requires a lot of patience to play and good yomi. The problem is we're not always going to be able to guess what the opponent is going to do, so punishing them consistently proves to be difficult. In order to be able to pull that off, your yomi would have to be mind-reading status.The more I play Noob the more I see his flaws. I still think he's a good character despite all this though.

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
He's a great character on paper; however, when you put a character with a play style like Noob Saibot's in a game with characters that are virtually safe on a lot of their strings and posses better neutral play, his performance starts to get shaky. 1,1,3 is a great punisher that scales the least in contrast to the rest of his combo starters and leads to some great damage, but the downside of 1,1,3 is the 1 has slightly shorter reach than the rest of his normals, so sometimes when punishing the opponent 1 doesn't quite reach out to the opponent due to the pushback of their string and often times one must dash in and do 1; however, even then there are instances where 1 won't be able to punish in time.

The strings Noob players are going to be landing the most are f2,2,1,2, which makes up a huge percentage, and b1, 1+3, which varies depending on who you're up against. F2,1,2 xx Shadow Tackle nets about 20ish percent on average and pushes the opponent back, so a majority of the time one is going to net the same damage that a lot of characters get midscreen, but just as a form of punish. Noob has a hard time opening people up, so being able to land 20%ish every so often requires compensation in the form of patience during neutral. He requires a lot of patience to play and good yomi. The problem is we're not always going to be able to guess what the opponent is going to do, so punishing them consistently proves to be difficult. In order to be able to pull that off, your yomi would have to be mind-reading status.The more I play Noob the more I see his flaws. I still think he's a good character despite all this though.
its funny what sickle slam does alone to this character

if he only had a one hitter OH that KB'd OR... just let the low starter be safe on the 2nd hit. So unsafe this dude.