What's new

Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Krypt Details and Revealed at C2E2

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
So.... highly demanded fan-favourite returns as DLC.
Every character on the MK11 roster is a "highly demanded fan-favorite." Yes including Jacqui. What the fuck is NRS supposed to do, release Hsu Hao and Mavado DLC?

DLC is announced before the complete roster LET ALONE the games’ release.
Would you rather have no idea what you're buying with the Premium Edition...........? Because that sure sounds like a consumer-friendly business practice.

Your corporate White Knighting is embarrassing and anti-consumer, but easily debunked.
You might have something remotely resembling a point if NRS wasn't HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all their competition in terms of how much content they provide per dollar to consumers, and the quality (and sometimes quantity) of this content wasn't notably INCREASING from game to game. You picked literally the worst company in the genre to make this point with.

Burn2019

Noob
Every character on the MK11 roster is a "highly demanded fan-favorite." Yes including Jacqui. What the fuck is NRS supposed to do, release Hsu Hao and Mavado DLC?

Would you rather have no idea what you're buying with the Premium Edition...........? Because that sure sounds like a consumer-friendly business practice.

You might have something remotely resembling a point if NRS wasn't HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all their competition in terms of how much content they provide per dollar to consumers, and the quality (and sometimes quantity) of this content wasn't notably INCREASING from game to game. You picked literally the worst company in the genre to make this point with.
No, I think NRS’ intentions are pretty clear. But keep on defending the poor little struggling company with “what the fuck are they supposed to do.” You’ll either learn, or not. Based on your fanboyism, I suspect not for a long time.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
MK11 basic edition now sells for $200: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

MK11 now consists of 7 fighters with another 20 as DLC: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

MK11 has a 1/2 hr story mode with the other 7 1/2 hours as DLC: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

Your corporate White Knighting is embarrassing and anti-consumer, but easily debunked.
What the fuck are you on about?

So had they revealed the entire roster prior to Shang, then it’s fine? They should bury totally useless, unpopular characters in DLC? Of course they’re going to include popular characters as DLC.

They revealed Shang to entice people to preorder the premium edition, so what?

You have the right to not buy the game until release when all the content is revealed. You don’t have to buy the DLC. It’s not pay to win.

And I like your dramatic declaration that MK11 is your last MK....like who gives a shit? It’ll probably be one of the best selling games of the year. And why don’t you make mkx your last MK?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
No, I think NRS’ intentions are pretty clear. But keep on defending the poor little struggling company with “what the fuck are they supposed to do.” You’ll either learn, or not. Based on your fanboyism, I suspect not for a long time.
NRS is not a poor little struggling company, they're an incredibly successful business, and as long as they keep producing games the way they have been since MK9, they'll only become more successful, and gain more prestige in the industry and among consumers.

Good luck with the whole entitlement thing, hope it works out for you.

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
Don't blame NRS, blame the publisher who's soul goal is to please the shareholders.

trufenix

bye felicia
So.... highly demanded fan-favourite returns as DLC.

DLC is announced before the complete roster LET ALONE the games’ release.

This is a disgusting move by NRS, make no mistake. Fanbois can applaud NRS’ “business sense” all they like, the simple reality here is just money-grabbing at its worst.

Makes me quite satisfied that (no matter what cliffhanger ending to the story NRS will undoubtedly use) this will almost 100% definitely be my last MK.
But you are still gonna buy it tho? Support this disgusting practice?

Burn2019

Noob
What the fuck are you on about?

So had they revealed the entire roster prior to Shang, then it’s fine? They should bury totally useless, unpopular characters in DLC? Of course they’re going to include popular characters as DLC.

They revealed Shang to entice people to preorder the premium edition, so what?

You have the right to not buy the game until release when all the content is revealed. You don’t have to buy the DLC. It’s not pay to win.

And I like your dramatic declaration that MK11 is your last MK....like who gives a shit? It’ll probably be one of the best selling games of the year. And why don’t you make mkx your last MK?
Got anything of substance in all that piss and wind?

Burn2019

Noob
But you are still gonna buy it tho? Support this disgusting practice?
I’ve put money down and my partner is looking forward to learning & playing together, so, yes. But I’ll be very probably done after this one, same as Assassins Creed Origins was my last AC for several reasons including business practices.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I’ve put money down and my partner is looking forward to learning & playing together, so, yes. But I’ll be very probably done after this one, same as Assassins Creed Origins was my last AC for several reasons including business practices.
Go cry somewhere else and do not compare NRS to Ubisoft, plz.
NRS/Midway started as the ultimate cash grab company - they made arcade games for crying out loud. Once they came on the console market they almost always gave us lots of quality content, just like they do today.

Don't know where you live but if you are in the EU you could've bought MK11 through Amazon France for €54 (normal) or €80 (complete). Seems like a fair deal to me.

If you do not like it just don't buy it. It is that simple... You are not forced to do anything, just keep your negative bs away from here. It is falling upon deaf ears.

Burn2019

Noob
Go cry somewhere else and do not compare NRS to Ubisoft, plz.
NRS/Midway started as the ultimate cash grab company - they made arcade games for crying out loud. Once they came on the console market they almost always gave us lots of quality content, just like they do today.

Don't know where you live but if you are in the EU you could've bought MK11 through Amazon France for €54 (normal) or €80 (complete). Seems like a fair deal to me.
NRS are certainly learning all the wrong lessons from Ubi. Go sob when that becomes more apparent.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
The point doesn’t even make sense honestly. If you actually had a basis people would listen. But announcing a DLC character now doesn’t affect the actual roster and product they are giving us - we literally already knew there was dlc and how many characters it was.

The only thing then is your assertion that it’s a cash grab because this is a fan favorite. In a series with 80+ characters for which you can find stans at every fucking level there is basically no character that isn’t a fan favorite (other than Hsu Hsao). Ultimately it’s a question of this - do you feel they skimped on the main roster and game content, shoved the stuff that was missing into DLC in order to make money? If so, that’s shitty.

There is no way you can believe that’s the case here given what we know. So that’s why people are ganging up on you. You’re just flat out wrong, aggressively and obnoxiously so. Please go away.

Burn2019

Noob
The point doesn’t even make sense honestly. If you actually had a basis people would listen. But announcing a DLC character now doesn’t affect the actual roster and product they are giving us - we literally already knew there was dlc and how many characters it was.

The only thing then is your assertion that it’s a cash grab because this is a fan favorite. In a series with 80+ characters for which you can find stans at every fucking level there is basically no character that isn’t a fan favorite (other than Hsu Hsao). Ultimately it’s a question of this - do you feel they skimped on the main roster and game content, shoved the stuff that was missing into DLC in order to make money? If so, that’s shitty.

There is no way you can believe that’s the case here given what we know. So that’s why people are ganging up on you. You’re just flat out wrong, aggressively and obnoxiously so. Please go away.
Free speech: you can’t support it then demand its removal. Tough.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ive been waiting for that wow moment and it just hadn't happened until now.

Noob is what i didnt know i was waiting for.

Hype af now.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
MK11 basic edition now sells for $200: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

MK11 now consists of 7 fighters with another 20 as DLC: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

MK11 has a 1/2 hr story mode with the other 7 1/2 hours as DLC: “I know right, evil greedy company wants to make money and pay their employees.”

Sfv launched with 16 characters, no arcade no story, no customization, and color swaps for skins. Mk11 has customization, a story mode, an unannounced single player mode oh and 25 characters (at least)...

Please tell me more about how NRS is the devil and all they wanna do is take our money. You want corporate fucking greed Look at the $93 season pass DOA 6 has. 2 new characters and like 35 costumes. I'll take my 6 characters, 7 skins, and 7 gear sets for $40 thank you.

Jesus fucking Christ. You act like mk11 is devoid of any content whatsoever. If you're gonna bitch about value then bitch about games that don't give you your money's worth. NRS is one of the few companies that packs their games to the brim with content. You act like it's some kind of fucking taboo thing to announce dlc before the game launches or the whole base roster has been announced.

Soul Calibur 6 announced Tira before launch. Then didn't even have the courtesy to make her a preorder character. You preorder the game and still had to fork over the money to purchase her. She was playable and fucking complete in the pre release beta for fucks sake. Shang is a guide in the Krypt and now the ceiling is covered in shit? Get the fuck outta here with that garbage.

If this practice is such an awful thing for you then cancel your preorder and skip mk11 too. I don't see why you have to support this awful practice for this game and skip next game..

We all know though you're just gonna bitch and moan, but when that mk12 reveal trailer drops in 5 years you're gonna blow a load in your pants. We're gonna repeat this whole thing, and mk12 will end up sitting in your game library too.

Edit: Sorry for the language everyone. This just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Burn2019

Noob
You are free to state your dumbass opinion and I’m free to tell you you’re a dumbass.

Its telling that this is your response to my post though rather than actually engaging with a post that had some thought to it.
Because you bleated “you’re wrong, please go away.” In other words, trying to silence that which you disagree with. You deserve nothing.

Burn2019

Noob
Sfv launched with 16 characters, no arcade no story, no customization, and color swaps for skins. Mk11 has customization, a story mode, an unannounced single player mode oh and 25 characters (at least)...

Please tell me more about how NRS is the devil and all they wanna do is take our money. You want corporate fucking greed Look at the $93 season pass DOA 6 has. 2 new characters and like 35 costumes. I'll take my 6 characters, 7 skins, and 7 gear sets for $40 thank you.

Jesus fucking Christ. You act like mk11 is devoid of any content whatsoever. If you're gonna bitch about value then bitch about games that don't give you your money's worth. NRS is one of the few companies that packs their games to the brim with content. You act like it's some kind of fucking taboo thing to announce dlc before the game launches or the whole base roster has been announced.

Soul Calibur 6 announced Tira before launch. Then didn't even have the courtesy to make her a preorder character. You preorder the game and still had to fork over the money to purchase her. She was playable and fucking complete in the pre release beta for fucks sake. Shang is a guide in the Krypt and now the ceiling is covered in shit? Get the fuck outta here with that garbage.

If this practice is such an awful thing for you then cancel your preorder and skip mk11 too. I don't see why you have to support this awful practice for this game and skip next game..

We all know though you're just gonna bitch and moan, but when that mk12 reveal trailer drops in 5 years you're gonna blow a load in your pants. We're gonna repeat this whole thing, and mk12 will end up sitting in your game library too.

Edit: Sorry for the language everyone. This just really rubbed me the wrong way.
TL;DR- fanboy gonna fanboy.

If you write something respectful to me I’d reply in kind, but as all the other fanbois here, you’ve got your jimmies rustled because I criticised a company! Seriously- get a life and stop White Knighting.

You’re wrong about MK12 too, by the way.