What's new

Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Krypt Details and Revealed at C2E2

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
C2E2: Less than E3, but better than CE, and also the site of the first DLC reveal for Mortal Kombat 11. In their hour long conference, NRS showed us that, alongside a trailer for a character you can find out about below (or above if you read the title.

So there was a lot of talk on things you've probably seen/heard to death, and some new things along with the characters I'll get to in a second. Number one was a new story trailer that didn't actually make it to the stream, so that'll be a surprise for whenever we can see what they showed off. After that, they showed another trailer that didn't actually make the stream. You can probably see where this is going, I'll just jump into the new stuff they did show.

In a surprise twist of fate, they did show off one of their mini-story peaks, one featuring Jacqui fighting some demons with Cassie. Will update with a link if/when it hit's Youtube.

After some more talk and some stuff we've seen/heard on previous Kombat Kasts. Which led to an accidental Noob Saibot early reveal, so there's our previously mentioned "current roster character" shown. A trailer was shown after, that link will below:

After that, we had a shock, double reveal: Shang Tsung is the first DLC character in the game and The Krypt appears to have an expanded adventure element with Shang guiding you along. There was just a trailer with it, you can catch that below too. This was the last bit of news before the Q and A session for the fans.

So yeah, that's that. Go catch the archive on at twitch.tv/netherrealm if you want to watch, but those are the big cliffnotes from the event.

*Edit - They did confirm that there will be no lootcrates in MK11

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Glad they showed an actual MK character instead of a guest. And one I really want in the game at that. Time to pre-order.
I was very surprised but I guess they found a way to do both at the same time.

I would have loved to have him on the main roster but man what an amazing character reveal. You know a character is hype when he completely over shadows(heh) Noob Saibot's trailer without any gameplay.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
This was an amazing appetizer, but I'm looking forward to the main course: hopefully a Noob Saibot breakdown during the next Kombat Kast. They said they would show at least two characters and Noob Saibot has to be one of them.

I'm wondering who is that krypt character you are controlling. Can we create him? Is he random or does he have anything to do with the story. Also, please let me create him ahah

Reactions: Zev

Lun

proud TERF!
Shang Tsung is dlc? Oh come on, he's probably the only unannounced character I would've bought immediately if he was dlc, and guess what..... he's dlc.

Also, MAH BOI SHANG IS IN THE GAMEEEEE!!!!! NOW I HAVE NO MORE QUESTIONS TILL THE GAME'S RELEASE!!!

When is the first dlc released?????

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Still not really a fan of Noob, but like everyone else, they've done an excellent job of updating him and making his whole moveset visually interesting. Props for the fatal blow dropkick tho.

Shang looks great, wasn't expecting him to be dlc but i'm okay with it. CHT guiding you through the krypt is gonna be weirdly soothing.

I'm gonna need to know more about that cyber initiative stage and what it's doing there asap.

Ceroder

Noob
Who was the guy that met Shang Tsung? I mean, the one opened the doors. Any guesses, or confirmations? It looked like Hanzo to me, but I'm not sure.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If Shang Tsung is dlc, I'm guessing the next two dlc characters will be Mileena and Shinnok?
Nope. Mileena's either unlockable (Which I'm still holding out a little bit of hope for) or she's not in at all. And making Shinnok DLC would be a mistake because I can't think of anyone who'd pay for him lol.

Lun

proud TERF!
Nope. Mileena's either unlockable (Which I'm still holding out a little bit of hope for) or she's not in at all. And making Shinnok DLC would be a mistake because I can't think of anyone who'd pay for him lol.
I really wish Shang Tsung was the unlockable character. Or the preorder bonus. A bummer that I gotta pay to have him, but, he's worth it!

Lokheit

Noob
Btw, Noob-Cyber Smoke reference in the trailer! They're showing the Tekunin base with an in construction cyborg with Smoke colors (I'm daltonic, can someone confirm?) on Noob's trailer!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Shang Tsung's Island as The Krypt.
Cary Tagawa as your guide.
I wonder if they're gonna mash together the old Konquest features...maybe have a Character Shrine like MK9 but with the MKDA tutorials, and boxes or altars that lead to fights and rewards like Deception and Konquest...

Either way, that is a smoooooth idea for the Krypt of the future. Love it.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'd pay for him.

Imagine having Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and Shinnok in the same game?? The best villains of the franchise together in an amazing game, far from the mess that Armageddon was.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I would. All the big bosses battling for the realms sounds good to me. Shinnok's bitchy interactions (in Troy's voice) against Shao will be worth the price alone.