What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yes. I just noticed something about Ex teleport. They changed it from the reveal trailer.

Noob's original amplified teleslam

The originals amplified animation shows Noob hooking onto the opponent, then slamming then through an open portal. The opponent would fall through a series of portal while Noob simultaneously enters recovery. Noob seems to recover before the opponent bounces of the ground which allows him to combo his opponent into the anti-air move Sickle Slam that was shown off in Bi-Han's Wrath, but is amplified again for another bounce in order to further extend the como. However, amplified teleslam is different in the Kombat Kast.

Noob's amplified teleslam in the kombat kast

In the kombat kast, Noob does an amplified teleslam, but the animation had changed. Instead of Noob throwing the opponent through a series of portals like he did in the trailer Noob instead snags onto his opponent and goes through the portals with him, then slams them on the ground. The body still bounces; however, Noob seems to be entering recovery after the body has bounced. I don't want to say you can't combo into it anymore, but by the looks of it we may not be able to, or timing maybe tight. We'll know for certain when the game comes out.

@legion666 mentioned that these may not be the preset variations for competitive play based off previous Kombat Kasts. I'm not a consistent viewer of the kast, so I had no knowledge of what legion said until today. There is a possibility that there are multiple versions of teleslam in the movelist.

If these somehow ends up being the variations for Noob or close to it then I could also see that move properties changed based on which variation one chooses to use ontop of different moves given to a character. If that's the case then NRS put in time into changing up variations and this was a way to show off what they could possibly be like since their announcement of the rules on variations in competitive play.

It can also be that they changed the amplified teleport and the reveal trailer was just using moves from an older build.

Just two and a half weeks left. Then we'll all know for sure what his variations and tools characters will have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, man. No problem. I love this character and want to contribute to the Saibot community as much as I can when MK11 drops.

I don't know how to make gifs unfortunately, but if you do, or anyone else on the forums does then that would be a most generous contribution for the community.

I hope his variations do match what we saw on release, or at least close to it.
Go to make a gif website online and copy URL of the noob video and go to the time it was on screen and you can get a gif up to 10 seconds after that point.

If I have time later I'll try to make some of them.

Edit:

Last edited:
Go to make a gif website online and copy URL of the noob video and go to the time it was on screen and you can get a gif up to 10 seconds after that point.

If I have time later I'll try to make some of them.

Edit:

So the ghost ball seems to reduce opponents meter to 1 bar defense and 1 bar offense, but never below, so you can only keep them at 1 bar each even after repeatedly hitting with it.
And it does unblockable damage, so there will be guaranteed set ups into it

LawAbidingCitizen

So the ghost ball seems to reduce opponents meter to 1 bar defense and 1 bar offense, but never below, so you can only keep them at 1 bar each even after repeatedly hitting with it.
And it does unblockable damage, so there will be guaranteed set ups into it
I think it's because there is a cooldown to it's effect. Maybe after 10 seconds or more you can erase thier bars again?

LawAbidingCitizen

Looking forward to play a rush down noob
I want rushdown but I think he is gonna have mediocre normals up close and slower pokes to make up for his Zoning capabilities. I think Bi-Hans Wrath is gonna be more footsie distance than poke range which is fine at least we won't have to only zone but can play him the way we prefer :D after all he only has 7 normals.
I am very satisfied with his gameplay and I'm all in. The only thing that concerns me is that his Ghost Ball takes 1 of each bars which I feel is absolutely strong and it's unblockable! I fear many will complain about it. We better abuse that while we have it.

I'm picking these three abilities:

• Overhead clone (popup combo extension)
  • Ghost Ball (Unblockable)
  • Sickle Tele (Combo)
I think his base moves are:

Running Man Clone (Projectile-mid/high)
Up knee (Anti-Airs/Corner Combos)
Teleslam (Teleport/anti zoning)

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
If we are talking builds Im picking the following for kustom.

Teleport combo extender
Anti air combo extender
Air Divekick.

Air jukes/zoning with big damage on punishes and stray hit conversions.
This game cannot release sooon enough!

LawAbidingCitizen

Judging by some of his gameplay, can anyone say what archetype Noob Saibot might be? MK9 was a zoner with weak combo potential / damage, right? I have a hard time telling what MK11 Noob Saibot might be. He seems to have a bunch of tools. Balanced maybe?
I think he is a bit of everything. Looks like he has tools to combo:

Sickle Teleport
Sickle Snag
Overhead Clone
Teleport Slam

All comboable

It seems he only has 7 normals and since his base Up Knee, TeleSlam and running man clone are all strong zoning I predict his normals will be slower than average with mediocre pokes to compensate.

All in all we can build him how we want but probably not full on rushdown.

Sickle Teleport
Sickle Snag
Overhead Clone
Teleport Slam

All comboable

It seems he only has 7 normals and since his base Up Knee, TeleSlam and running man clone are all strong zoning I predict his normals will be slower than average with mediocre pokes to compensate.

He has more than 7 normals lmfao)
They meant he has like 7 strings which isn’t a lot. But he most certainly has 1,2,3,4,d1,d2,d3,d4, etc. that is already more than 7.

LawAbidingCitizen

Why is everyone talking about building a kustom variation for noob? Are you not planning to play competitively?
Well I know I'm going to use custom until I'm fully understanding of his moves. Eventually we will have more variations and quite possibly custom after they are done balancing the moves.

Well I know I'm going to use custom until I'm fully understanding of his moves. Eventually we will have more variations and quite possibly custom after they are done balancing the moves.
I wouldn’t count on it being soon. They are pretty clear about balancing the competitive aspect of the game around preset variations. So in order for people to be on same page in terms of combos and general gameplan we should take the kustom variation stuff into a separate thread for people who don’t want to play the current competitive mode, like it was done in Injustice 2.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Sickle Teleport
Sickle Snag
Overhead Clone
Teleport Slam

All comboable

From what we have seen so far that B3 low klone button is an absurd poke. It is like GL B1 but with no hurtbox.

Also another thing I noticed on rewatch is that the low Klone special does not go full screen now and it melts into the goo around half screen distance. Running klone still goes full screen though

LawAbidingCitizen

From what we have seen so far that B3 low klone button is an absurd poke. It is like GL B1 but with no hurtbox.

Also another thing I noticed on rewatch is that the low Klone special does not go full screen now and it melts into the goo around half screen distance. Running klone still goes full screen though
I see what you are saying but I wouldn't consider B3 a poke or his Low Clone. They said low clone is pretty unsafe on block though. He is supposed to have multiple low starters with no long range OHs aside from OH clone special which I'm so using. It reminds me of kenshi balanced.

I really like the way he plays in this game!
He's basically the MK9 noob with no portal setups \:
to be honest i was extremely disappointed that he has no setups in this game ... they made him a pure zoner which is fine by me but having no setups is just bad.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
He's basically the MK9 noob with no portal setups \:
to be honest i was extremely disappointed that he has no setups in this game ... they made him a pure zoner which is fine by me but having no setups is just bad.
How can you say he has no set ups when ghost ball is unblockable this time? That is what his set ups will revolve around and he probably has more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.