What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

You guys seriously don't even see an issue with being unable to jail 113 in a game where NW, Cassie, and other 111 characters can auto shimmy you to death off jailed highs? Thats literally what the game revolves around and Noob can't use his fastest highest dmg string in it.
Uhmm, I addressed the 113 jailing issue :p But that happens frequently online. I practiced a bit for offline and I'm getting more consistent at it. It's a tight window, still...

I have more success with d3 jailing with 11. D1, on the other hand...

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
You guys seriously don't even see an issue with being unable to jail 113 in a game where NW, Cassie, and other 111 characters can auto shimmy you to death off jailed highs? Thats literally what the game revolves around and Noob can't use his fastest highest dmg string in it.
It doesn't matter if other characters can do something he can't. I just don't want him to be the next tierwhore character. Also it's not fun to play the game if you have a broken character

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Why we ever need 113 to jail out of pokes? When Noobs shimmy string is 212 and it jails every time, problem solved:)
And i think its need to know that 2 alone has a really fast block recovery so you can do 2-throw and throw comes lightning fast despite -7 on block.

Last edited:
Why we ever need 113 to jail out of pokes? When Noobs shimmy string is 212 and it jails every time, problem solved:)
And i think its need to know that 2 alone has a really fast block recovery so you can do 2-throw and throw comes lightning fast despite -7 on block.
I think I'm mistiming it most of the time online. I do sets with a friend online and whenever I do a d3 on hit I try to jail with 212... and later get D2'd lmao. He doesn't give af.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Because 113 is his fastest string? BC characters like baraka and NW can jail their fastest string from their god-like d3? Think about it on paper it makes no sense for him to jail F2 and S2 and not S1 when the frame adv is there.

The more and more I go around with other people with 1000s games noob xp, I'm more on the B2 to overhead is what he should get. Wouldn't change any of the top 5 and would make him more viable against his tougher MU's.
I've talked to a couple of the very few high level Noob pros and they agree B2 to OH and the 113 jail would be a legit non-OP buff.

Last edited:
Because 113 is his fastest string? BC characters like baraka and NW can jail their fastest string from their god-like d3? Think about it on paper it makes no sense for him to jail F2 and S2 and not S1 when the frame adv is there.

The more and more I go around with other people with 1000s games noob xp, I'm more on the B2 to overhead is what he should get. Wouldn't change any of the top 5 and would make him more viable against his tougher MU's.
I've talked to a couple of the very few high level Noob pros and they agree B2 to OH and the 113 jail would be a legit non-OP buff.
I agree with 113 jailing with d1, but... B2 being an OH? B2 is my only respectable mid when people try to jump out when I'm plus.

What do y'all think of the universal changes and Noob's U3 Hitbox being adjusted? I think with the jump in nerfs & Flawless Block adjustments it would help Noob more as he is a defensive/punish character. The throw kb nerf was expected but tbh I used 1 throw kb to close matches.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He needs an overhead.

Shadow Slide is the only thing that makes Noob tournament-level scary right now. It makes him so much better overall that it almost negates the need to ever use Dark Sabbath, and all but invalidates the third variation entirely. This happens because both of those variations are built for high damage, but Noob has a rreeaall hard time opening people up and getting to the damage without the threat of Slide to back them up. Everything else he has is high-risk, and a far higher risk than a lot of other characters have to take. He is NOT a bad character, but it could be argued that every character has at least one build that's good enough. He just can't play MK11 as well as most of the top tier. And giving him an overhead would go a long way across the board in helping him keep up. A brand new one, maybe off of B3. Something like MK9 Quan Chi's B3 1+2, with the double fist smash. It doesn't even have to be special-cancelable. Just make it reasonably safe on block. Like -3 or -4 with a little pushback.

He needs an overhead.

Shadow Slide is the only thing that makes Noob tournament-level scary right now. It makes him so much better overall that it almost negates the need to ever use Dark Sabbath, and all but invalidates the third variation entirely. This happens because both of those variations are built for high damage, but Noob has a rreeaall hard time opening people up and getting to the damage without the threat of Slide to back them up. Everything else he has is high-risk, and a far higher risk than a lot of other characters have to take. He is NOT a bad character, but it could be argued that every character has at least one build that's good enough. He just can't play MK11 as well as most of the top tier. And giving him an overhead would go a long way across the board in helping him keep up. A brand new one, maybe off of B3. Something like MK9 Quan Chi's B3 1+2, with the double fist smash. It doesn't even have to be special-cancelable. Just make it reasonably safe on block. Like -3 or -4 with a little pushback.
What could be SD's bad MUs? I had a harder time against hard zoners like Cetrion. Other characters like Geras (He's still good), Jacquie (Though it's my lack of MU knowledge tbh). If he needs an OH, how should it be implemented? Some argue B2, but I don't like that option.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
He needs an overhead.

He has 112, which is an overhead, he has a great mid B1, an autoshimmy string in 212, a godlike poke in D3(have you noticed the hitbox extends further than his foot?) that jails into 212, great damage and a solid AA in D4. His strings are good too...

What he suffers is what most of the great majority of the cast suffers, the presence of characters, in their current state, like Johnny Cage and Jacqui for example. Bring those characters down and you'll see other characters, like Noob, to make their stand as strong characters in this game.

People play SD, other than personal preference, due to the threat of a low and an hard to punish move, that's it. The variation doesn't offer much more than that, it's also easier to play and offers "safe" neutral options with the slide. Other the other hand, DS has more to offer that just a slide.

The "thing" that might people feel uneasy to play with DS are that his combos, optimal, aren't straight forward to learn, they need micro walks/dashes. Trust me, DS hits like a truck, as access to a restand using B1,1+2 xx BF1, which leaves you at +5 on hit and each time he touches he's going to hurt.

PB is just inferior, Snag doesn't work standing, which limits his combo routes, Sickle Toss is hella slow...feels incomplete.

I think your assessment is incorrect. This character only needs another viable variation, because he only has two, while other characters, like Jacqui, have 3 that are viable.

Zer0_h0ur

He has 112, which is an overhead, he has a great mid B1, an autoshimmy string in 212, a godlike poke in D3(have you noticed the hitbox extends further than his foot?) that jails into 212, great damage and a solid AA in D4. His strings are good too...

What he suffers is what most of the great majority of the cast suffers, the presence of characters, in their current state, like Johnny Cage and Jacqui for example. Bring those characters down and you'll see other characters, like Noob, to make their stand as strong characters in this game.

People play SD, other than personal preference, due to the threat of a low and an hard to punish move, that's it. The variation doesn't offer much more than that, it's also easier to play and offers "safe" neutral options with the slide. Other the other hand, DS has more to offer that just a slide.

The "thing" that might people feel uneasy to play with DS are that his combos, optimal, aren't straight forward to learn, they need micro walks/dashes. Trust me, DS hits like a truck, as access to a restand using B1,1+2 xx BF1, which leaves you at +5 on hit and each time he touches he's going to hurt.

PB is just inferior, Snag doesn't work standing, which limits his combo routes, Sickle Toss is hella slow...feels incomplete.

I think your assessment is incorrect. This character only needs another viable variation, because he only has two, while other characters, like Jacqui, have 3 that are viable.
I agree a lot here, but theres one thing that everyone who says SD is fine ignore:

The slow projectile is a complete utter waste of a slot move. It is. Anyone who says it isn't, is a big liar or doesn't even play mk11. It's utterly useless. So you're saying this character is okay when he's basically using 2 slots compared to everyone else's 3. It's whack that the best version of Noob saibot is incomplete so it's just frustrating. I could understand if there was some neat setup tech to discover or some depth to be labbed for the projectile but there is barely anything.

And I agree, personally, I think I'd bitch a little less if Noob had legit 3 viable variations like other characters do. PB is a total crock.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
@Nevan_PTF
I main Dark Sabbath, and I fully agree with you/didn't mean to imply he doesn't have some great buttons. I just feel like when you get all the way to Top 8 levels of knowledge, the stuff like getting D2'd out of F2, B3 only being safe to throw out with Slide behind it, B1 1+3 can't cancel into specials, all the little nuances...coupled with how much easier the top tier gets it in, it makes me feel like he's going to fall behind as time goes on without at least A across the board buff.
I think you and @Metzos (hail the Doomsday fam) have it right; he is in a real Jade kinda spot in that the biggest thing keeping him down is the better characters. So I vote for the overhead because I think it'll give him a better chance to compete overall. He NEEDS something strong and stiff that isn't the Slide. I fucking love Sabbath's combos and actually having use for his projectile ( @Zer0_h0ur has it right, Ghost Ball is straight ass), but being able to tuck everything behind Slide. Sabbath has all the excitement, but at much greater risk than SD.

Whoever came up with that third variation should be fired. I can't believe a move as hard as Sickle Snag got wasted so thoroughly.

What could be SD's bad MUs? I had a harder time against hard zoners like Cetrion. Other characters like Geras (He's still good), Jacquie (Though it's my lack of MU knowledge tbh). If he needs an OH, how should it be implemented? Some argue B2, but I don't like that option.
Another mixup option off of B3.
I'm telling y'all. Quan's old B3 1+2 would be perfect. No special cancel, no changing the B3 1+3 KB, nothing extra. Just give it some pushback like Sindel has with the F4U3. That's it. That's all I want. A good neutral tool I can use to make space, that doesn't have the gap like 112 or the death on block like B1 1+3. If I had that in Sabbath, and then had the mindgame of Spirit Ball or F2 or Up Kick or even jump back Amp Sickle Port, what have you, THAT would be way more interesting that building my whole game around the Slide.

I don't know if I sound greedy or insane, but that's where I am right now.

I am glad for all the feedback, though.
I was really starting to think there were no Noobs left.

Zer0_h0ur

VGY (seeing double) vs NinjaKilla (Johnny PlusFramez)

Few thoughts
VGY clearly doesn't know noob well lmao, he doesn't even attempt the b1 KB until 10 games in.
He never comes close to workin the throw game. Like at all. New tech? lmao
He never tries to use the back jump - bait - jump tele gimmick. Prob a good thing honestly.

Hard to watch really, seeing the same 2-3 johnny plus frames non-gap non-FB'able strings pinning down VGY in the corner gets pretty repetitive. VGY's defense in spacing was great in the middle games tho.

Zer0_h0ur

Any Noob vs Joker thoughts?

I'm getting zoned out pretty handily, especially version 1 (the one with the low shot, I believe.). I haven't labbed much but the strings but I know Dark Sabbath's projectile will hit Joker when he does low shot. Will teleport?

Did anyone else have trouble getting/downloading the new DC skin?
The Kitana Kat Woman, and Baraka Killer Krok skins showed up/downloaded fine, but the Noob one is nowhere to be found.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Any Noob vs Joker thoughts?

I'm getting zoned out pretty handily, especially version 1 (the one with the low shot, I believe.). I haven't labbed much but the strings but I know Dark Sabbath's projectile will hit Joker when he does low shot. Will teleport?
I only played a few times vs him last night and i think all bar his straight shot i reckon i can punish once i get more familiar also dont be afraid to trade noobs spirit ball hits harder than most fireballs