What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Yeah if you have aspirations to wreck locals and real tournaments I'd consider another character. Only Nicky and HoneyBee have had success with him at any pro level.
But if you're an online warrior like me you can do some damage lol.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Anyone has some basic tips for seeing double? Or just Noob in general? Planning on picking him up for fun. Thanks in advance

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Knowledge of spacing does wonders. If you want consistent success, you kinda have to know everyone else's moveset and what is punishable.
I Agree with this, I Can't stick with anyone for a long time, so when I play Noob It's all wonders, and I don't often do more than a string
back up string tp grab and so forth

I Agree with this, I Can't stick with anyone for a long time, so when I play Noob It's all wonders, and I don't often do more than a string
back up string tp grab and so forth
It's a really frustrating playstyle, but it's also an extremely rewarding one. Noob's always been my favorite in the franchise though so I will stick through the frustration for my shadow boi (at least maybe until Spawn drops).
Part of the reason I enjoy Kasuals more than Ranked for Noob is that there is nothing more satisfying than watching the opponent's fuck up turn into a 45% combo lol.

I jumped back on Noob for some shlits and giggles, but noticed I'm 16/21 for finishers. Has new stuff been added lately? I'm a single player that dabbles in the occasional group boss towers, so anything KL related I have no clue about. Also Noob is still #1 in my book.......except the Shinnok cheerleader part.

I jumped back on Noob for some shlits and giggles, but noticed I'm 16/21 for finishers. Has new stuff been added lately? I'm a single player that dabbles in the occasional group boss towers, so anything KL related I have no clue about. Also Noob is still #1 in my book.......except the Shinnok cheerleader part.
A few days ago there was a tower with a New Brutality for him. It involves his Shadow Up Kick. You gotta be below 30% health and finish the match with DB4 as the opponent is jumping. This also works with AMP BF3 but they dont have to jump with that one.

Also the Halloween tower had one for his Ghost Ball. I think you gotta have over 50% health and finish the match with it.

Guys, help please. I'm getting d2'd into oblivion, specially online. I can expect some d2's, but whenever I stagger someone with F2, s1 or if they're in knockdown I still get d2'd...

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Guys, help please. I'm getting d2'd into oblivion, specially online. I can expect some d2's, but whenever I stagger someone with F2, s1 or if they're in knockdown I still get d2'd...
Start D4/D3ing more to make them respect it or you can read the d2 and just raw duck it. B1 string also can keep most opponent from mashing buttons

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
You've to be really careful whatever you do, because you don't have really good mids at all. . Play passively and stay at certain distance to your opponent. use b3 xx bf3 amp, b1 xxbf3 amp and b2 to push them away from you. F221 must not be overused, because it's a high.

Another option would be to not play noob at all :D

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
You've to be really careful whatever you do, because you don't have really good mids at all. . Play passively and stay at certain distance to your opponent. use b3 xx bf3 amp, b1 xxbf3 amp and b2 to push them away from you. F221 must not be overused, because it's a high.

Another option would be to not play noob at all :D
You take that back this instant!

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
It might work off 212 f221 now too but i havent checked it. either way 212 f221 tele amp into b1 1+3 FB will work 8)
Speaking of AMP tele, I’ve seen around that there isn’t much reason to even pick DS Noob now since SD was buffed, is that true? Are there certain MUs that DS does better? Or is it a choose whatever you want thing?

fr stack

Speaking of AMP tele, I’ve seen around that there isn’t much reason to even pick DS Noob now since SD was buffed, is that true? Are there certain MUs that DS does better? Or is it a choose whatever you want thing?
Ive actually been using dark sabbath for about the last week the damage and mobility he has beats seeing double imo. if i want to shithouse them using poke into slide stuff i have to be in a bad mood or i dont do it properly lol ill switch to sd if i feel the other player has me beat

Zer0_h0ur

Dark sabbath does well against characters with punishable strings and enders.
Scorpion, sub, kung lao, liu kang etc

I also have come around to see the logic of using pitch black against Kotal over DS or SD

Zer0_h0ur

This guy is a chode for stealing Rooflemonger's stuff but he makes some valid points.
Specifically how Noob thrives on opponent's mistakes for offense. I always struggle against very patient, solid defensive players.

He def needs a slight tweak based on the meta at this point imo.
113 should be jailable off d1/d3, periodddd. So incredibly whack that he can't jail his best offensive string.
I think you either make b1(1+3) completely safe or make b2 an overhead. A non-cancellable overhead would not be OP bc you couldn't combo from it, and would open up his offense a little more from people turtling in and playing poke-throw up close all the time.
What do you guys think?

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob

This guy is a chode for stealing Rooflemonger's stuff but he makes some valid points.
Specifically how Noob thrives on opponent's mistakes for offense. I always struggle against very patient, solid defensive players.

113 should be jailable off d1/d3, periodddd. So incredibly whack that he can't jail his best offensive string.
I think you either make b1(1+3) completely safe or make b2 an overhead. A non-cancellable overhead would not be OP bc you couldn't combo from it, and would open up his offense a little more from people turtling in and playing poke-throw up close all the time.
What do you guys think?
Well I still think he doesn't need anything at all. He is solid and should stay solid. I don't want to play noob mirrors all day long.

What do you guys think?
He's fine as he is IMO. Except for the part that the jailing window for d1/d3 needs to be looked at for online. And why make b2 an OH when it's a safe guaranteed mid? It's the only mid I use if someone tries to jump or press buttons after doing ghostball (+5)

fr stack

Dark sabbath does well against characters with punishable strings and enders.
Scorpion, sub, kung lao, liu kang etc

I also have come around to see the logic of using pitch black against Kotal over DS or SD
Could you elaborate i threw that variation in the garbage 2 days after it released 8)

Zer0_h0ur

Could you elaborate i threw that variation in the garbage 2 days after it released 8)
kotal outspaces noob with his strings, you will get most your dmg off Kotal with F221 string, and variation 3 maximizes damage off F221 string. That's the line of thought.

Zer0_h0ur

Well I still think he doesn't need anything at all. He is solid and should stay solid. I don't want to play noob mirrors all day long.
He's fine as he is IMO. Except for the part that the jailing window for d1/d3 needs to be looked at for online. And why make b2 an OH when it's a safe guaranteed mid? It's the only mid I use if someone tries to jump or press buttons after doing ghostball (+5)
You guys seriously don't even see an issue with being unable to jail 113 in a game where NW, Cassie, and other 111 characters can auto shimmy you to death off jailed highs? Thats literally what the game revolves around and Noob can't use his fastest highest dmg string in it.