What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Anyone have tips on how to approach the Sindel and Joker matchup?

I feel like I just get engulfed by the range of their strings and normals. Like I know Noob has range but theirs seems to throw me off.
Any tips?
To address your previous post, I personally like to back dash a lot with Noob but sometimes it's my ruin because I get caught by a move.

I just recently got back to MK11 so I can't say much on Sindel but Joker, as someone that plays mainly Black Sabbath, got a bit more manageable after I started to "visualize" him as twice as big as he is in the screen. Let me explain that... Because his F2 is so absurd with such a big range and advance I started to throw my B1, 1+3 way far back and he just F2s into it. Of course, it's all about conditioning and knowing your opponent. If you do it too much he might just start punishing you with projectiles but overall my matches against Joker are 99% baiting his F2 and punishing it.

Anyone have tips on how to approach the Sindel and Joker matchup?

I feel like I just get engulfed by the range of their strings and normals. Like I know Noob has range but theirs seems to throw me off.
Any tips?
I have another question... How do you guys deal with Upgraded Jaquie? Lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I feel like Dark Sabbath is the way to go against Joker. The disruptive power of Spirit Ball, the risk of being Amp Teleslammed out of projectiles, and Sickle Port to crossup his long recovery moves is a LOT for Joker to have to get around.

I feel like Dark Sabbath is the way to go against Joker. The disruptive power of Spirit Ball, the risk of being Amp Teleslammed out of projectiles, and Sickle Port to crossup his long recovery moves is a LOT for Joker to have to get around.
I'd say nothing in this game is "a LOT" for Joker. I personally think he's one of the best characters, definitely.
As for BS, maybe you're right idk.. I'm a BS player myself and it's far from being as "comfy" as it sounds. We all know how teleslam is against projectiles, it's never a sure thing, all it takes is him baiting us and we're comboe'd to hell and if he goes for the low projectile he's safe against our teleport. And finally if we get caught in his strings even on block pretty much everything he does seems to be safe either because of frames or range.

But maybe the best we can do is actually play from long range because being in his range is like being in a meat grinder.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I'd say nothing in this game is "a LOT" for Joker. I personally think he's one of the best characters, definitely.
As for BS, maybe you're right idk.. I'm a BS player myself and it's far from being as "comfy" as it sounds. We all know how teleslam is against projectiles, it's never a sure thing, all it takes is him baiting us and we're comboe'd to hell and if he goes for the low projectile he's safe against our teleport. And finally if we get caught in his strings even on block pretty much everything he does seems to be safe either because of frames or range.

But maybe the best we can do is actually play from long range because being in his range is like being in a meat grinder.
Imo Noob’s D4 (or any D4 for that matter) is super good for shutting down Joker’s F2. So is slide at a longer range. Noob’s stance for slide already goes under a lot of high projectiles so that’s helpful too. I’m honestly more worried about Joker’s F1 than F2 personally. F1 has such deceptive range and is a very good mid.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
The only issue im upset about Noob Saibot is - why NRS hackworked with сolor of his entrails and blood? Frost shares the same problem but there is need an new textures(no excuse anyway but a cool missed oppotunity) while Noob requires simple recolor, im not saying about other issue from MK9 where Noobs shadow dissapires while he used moves with a shadow. Sorry but Its breaking my heart, I would attack NRS twitters but my English lacks grammar and practice. Maybe you guys help me with it? Make Noob Saibot great again and not this disguised cosplayer)))

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The only issue im upset about Noob Saibot is - why NRS hackworked with сolor of his entrails and blood? Frost shares the same problem but there is need an new textures(no excuse anyway but a cool missed oppotunity) while Noob requires simple recolor, im not saying about other issue from MK9 where Noobs shadow dissapires while he used moves with a shadow. Sorry but Its breaking my heart, I would attack NRS twitters but my English lacks grammar and practice. Maybe you guys help me with it? Make Noob Saibot great again and not this disguised cosplayer)))
Yeah it's weird they gave him red blood, Cyrax and Sektor still have black blood in mk11. Seems like another one of NRS' "why not" changes that they've been making lately

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I have another question... How do you guys deal with Upgraded Jaquie? Lol
I do random jumps and preemptively jump kick, also D4 after Ive blocked her to get her off.
She's a stupid problem for everyone not just noob, I fully expect her to get adjusted so never bothered to lab her hardcore.

Zer0_h0ur

I just got more Upgraded XP in 30 minutes last night then I have in 2 months.

By no means high lvl shit here, but if you're facing an Upgraded, but I was employing a strategy that worked pretty well against a few last night.
I kept her at long range, out of normal Seeing Double space. The second I saw her do the upgraded leap, I would jump forward and kick very early in the jump in. You have to kick early or you'll get smacked first. This connected on her ~4/5 the time, and rarely we exchanged air hits. But option select an air teleport with every JIK, and you can get some very solid damage. Also the hit adv from teleport gives you time to back up into far slide range or further out to bait another bull shit upgraded jump.

You end up with a health lead and can keep playing keep away, where you can bait her other bull shit superman punch for the KB.

Give it a try, interested in your thoughts.

Bigzo

Noob
Kitana main here.

Seeing Double gives me fits. It seems like he can just frame trap me with pokes and his back 1 KB combo at will.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kitana main here.

Seeing Double gives me fits. It seems like he can just frame trap me with pokes and his back 1 KB combo at will.
From my experience, Noob is one of Kitana's most difficult match ups. I generally regard Highborn as a top tier variation, but she cannot block-punish or check b+1,1+3, which tends to "grab" her low pokes. So Noob has b+1, an excellent d+3, and a krushing blow on both throws. Playing the post-razor game up close is much riskier than against the average character. I too have had issues in this match, which is why I am learning Eternal Geras. LOL.

@xKhaoTik , what do you think of the Noob match up?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does Noob have any setups into Ghost Ball? It seems like it should never hit a human opponent...

Zer0_h0ur

Does Noob have any setups into Ghost Ball? It seems like it should never hit a human opponent...
Theres like one or two that will catch them on a forward roll. But if you read forward roll you can get better dmg doing something else. None that are practical. It's easily a top 5 waste of a slot move in the entire game.
Should be able to AMP it to make it extra slow like Skarlet's blood ball or make it a mid or something. It will only catch scrubs, even then they'll only get hit once.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What is the point of his Air Sickle Port? Is it as much of a bill as it seems? Or am I missing something? It's such a shame I have to create a custom variation to have Air Teleport and Teleport Kombos at the same time.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
It can be used to get away from a corner or a cheapshot move, not really sure tho, I don't use DS.

Mandolore1123

What is the point of his Air Sickle Port? Is it as much of a bill as it seems? Or am I missing something? It's such a shame I have to create a custom variation to have Air Teleport and Teleport Kombos at the same time.
I honestly think best Kustom Noob is amp tele, spirit ball and slide. You get big damage off AMP tele, extra layers of staggers and easy stacking of the BF2 KB with slide, zoning and space control with a fast 9% projectile and you get a +5 re-stand with it. One right read on zoning you get massive damage and you can still zone yourself. Everything is space with push back and you rack up clones like no tomorrow.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I honestly think best Kustom Noob is amp tele, spirit ball and slide. You get big damage off AMP tele, extra layers of staggers and easy stacking of the BF2 KB with slide, zoning and space control with a fast 9% projectile and you get a +5 re-stand with it. One right read on zoning you get massive damage and you can still zone yourself. Everything is space with push back and you rack up clones like no tomorrow.
My go-to kustom is Amp Tele, Air Tele, and Spirit Ball. The 2 tele moves obviously synergize really well, and Spirit Ball is just an excellent projectile. My only issue with low slide is that no one ever has a reason not to be low-blocking against Noob, so you really shouldn't be landing it very often. The threat of air tele opens up his jump-in pressure substantially and allows for better counter-zoning in general.

Mandolore1123

My go-to kustom is Amp Tele, Air Tele, and Spirit Ball. The 2 tele moves obviously synergize really well, and Spirit Ball is just an excellent projectile. My only issue with low slide is that no one ever has a reason not to be low-blocking against Noob, so you really shouldn't be landing it very often. The threat of air tele opens up his jump-in pressure substantially and allows for better counter-zoning in general.
The threat of slide exists because you can tack it onto any of his already safe strings. F22, F22 slide, F2 slide, F2, F221, F221 slide, 212 slide, 113, slide, 11slide, etc. All these are safe and the opponent has to guess whether you will do slide or not off every button or string you press, if they guess wrong they eat 2 clones.

Zviko

Noob
My only issue with low slide is that no one ever has a reason not to be low-blocking against Noob, so you really shouldn't be landing it very often.
D4/D1 into slide catches a lot of people though. And it's safe and it builds toward BF2 KB. Basically you are not allowed to poke Seeing Double just because of that slide.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I get all that, for sure, and am not saying it's bad at all. I'm just saying I think Air Tele provides more utility when combined with Amp Tele. You can already cancel those strings into Spirit Ball with limited risk. The way I see it, Low Slide enhances his grounded pressure game, but it's more about the threat of it than what it actually gets you (limited damage and building toward a single KB), while Air Tele (when combined with Amp Tele) enhances his jump-in pressure and anti-zoning capabilities.

Zer0_h0ur

My dream build would be Air tele, Slide, and Spiritball for an overall Noob build that minimizes bad match ups. I've had more success with air tele than sickle port. And Seeing Double struggles most from legit fast full screen projectiles, shang, sonya, etc. Spiritball would mitigate that and make Seeing Double a full screen threat.

The amp tele is not as great as I used to think due to how fast bar replenishes itself.
I screw with Dark Sabbath every once in a while but unbreakable dmg puts you in a class of your own in this game.