What's new

Noob Saibot Frame Data

B2 50/50 I love it nice work man! What do you guys think about my Ex portal reset tech? I don't see ppl testing it out although it is the best reset he has so far! Way better than the normal reset you guys came up with just that Ex portal takes skill to land.

iroku

Noob
what about b1 cross up ? its a nice sneaky cross up coz of the shadow b1. i use it a bit more since i dont find many b2 situations... suggestions ?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
From checking out this Frame data and practicing with Noob, I am starting to think he is a viable character, with a great footsie game right after a blocked Upknee...

Am I right, or totally wrong?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yes, of course he is a viable character. He is more than capable of beating anyone.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
From checking out this Frame data and practicing with Noob, I am starting to think he is a viable character, with a great footsie game right after a blocked Upknee...

i wanna have some games wit u man practice for the next irish tourny i like to think my noob has improved since we last played;)

UsedForGlue

i wanna have some games wit u man practice for the next irish tourny i like to think my noob has improved since we last played;)
Im only really using his Upknee on block as a guess game, as his B1 has perfect range if the opponent hesitates, and B1 is 0 on block, which means you can continue the string, grab, or finish your string of B1. You can back away for Anti airs, or d4 for advantage, or jump in.

And because you can't jump in against noob, it makes his footsies after the upknee on block interesting. I am not too great with his zoning right now, but il get there.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Im only really using his Upknee on block as a guess game, as his B1 has perfect range if the opponent hesitates, and B1 is 0 on block, which means you can continue the string, grab, or finish your string of B1. You can back away for Anti airs, or d4 for advantage, or jump in.

And because you can't jump in against noob, it makes his footsies after the upknee on block interesting. I am not too great with his zoning right now, but il get there.
i hate the recovery of noobs clones so i tend to try zone wit gateways wen u get it right its lethal

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

Are you learning this character for Johnny Cage and Sonya? Lol. I think he blows now, man, unfortunately. All his normals are too slow, leaving you b1 and then a tackle or an upknee if you think they will jump. That's how I use b1 but it sucks anyway, lol. No more Noob Saibot love for me, I need a character with excellent footsies and I've slowly realised Noob just doesn't have them, he's too slow to do anything with his advantage off a blocked upknee, too. All his strings whiff high so you can just poke Noob and if Noob enters into a poking war, he's going to get messed up sooner or later.

Maybe you can show me something new with him, Jay.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

From the times I used him, that's pretty much what I got the impression of.

d3 and d4 are normal speeds, 12 isn't that slow either, b1 has a majorly disjointed hitbox (I mean it's REALLY disjointed. Very much wall-like), and then there's upknee. Tackle and slide are icing on the cake...when you use them a good deal more sparingly, 11 and 14 frame projectiles that are 50/50 mixups in themselves become a lot more solid.

UsedForGlue

Are you learning this character for Johnny Cage and Sonya? Lol. I think he blows now, man, unfortunately. All his normals are too slow, leaving you b1 and then a tackle or an upknee if you think they will jump. That's how I use b1 but it sucks anyway, lol. No more Noob Saibot love for me, I need a character with excellent footsies and I've slowly realised Noob just doesn't have them, he's too slow to do anything with his advantage off a blocked upknee, too. All his strings whiff high so you can just poke Noob and if Noob enters into a poking war, he's going to get messed up sooner or later.

Maybe you can show me something new with him, Jay.
Its not for the match against Cage thats for sure, Noob has no way to get out once he's in.

I just always understand something new about how to fight against a character when I pick them up, and it wouldn't be as apparent if I never tried to use them and only fought against them, such as, what to do after a blocked up knee, and I now know that you can blow noob up for not hit confirming B1214 on block and doing an up knee.

UsedForGlue

From the times I used him, that's pretty much what I got the impression of.

d3 and d4 are normal speeds, 12 isn't that slow either, b1 has a majorly disjointed hitbox (I mean it's REALLY disjointed. Very much wall-like), and then there's upknee. Tackle and slide are icing on the cake...when you use them a good deal more sparingly, 11 and 14 frame projectiles that are 50/50 mixups in themselves become a lot more solid.
His standing 2 is really good as anti air. Hes hard to get in on, and he has a guess game after the up knee on block, its either, B1 again, D4, jump in, or back away from anti air, that works for what I do. His D3 is +10 on a crouched opponent, do his 11, D3 is viable.

He has a good few 0 frame block strings, B1, 21, D4, 11, and on top of that builds meter like mad, can zone, and has his portal shenanigans. Not to mention a bad ass :x and fatality :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If you have good spacing, Noob is super effective. He's one of those characters who has slow pokes because he has other means to keep you out. You just have to utilize them. Sage is one of the best.
He is super annoying because he has to hit you like 8 million times to kill you.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Yeah but they are 21 and 17 frames respectively, so there's no way you're not getting checked with pokes. You can't do much with the advantage you get off a blocked upknee, that's the problem.
No, but you can abuse Upknee (for the most part) and remain safe if blocked.
After a blocked Upknee, you have about as many options as any other character when their opponents block safe strings.

Wemfs

I don't know. I'm always getting away with d3 into f33 for pressure. I also get away with d3 into b1.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
why the fuck is Saibot Charge - -42 on block??? wtf is that. i noticed this the other day and its been pissing me off. why the fuck is a enhanced special worse on block then the regular version?? WTF!!!!!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
why the fuck is Saibot Charge - -42 on block??? wtf is that. i noticed this the other day and its been pissing me off. why the fuck is a enhanced special worse on block then the regular version?? WTF!!!!!
Hey enhanced slide is safer than non enhanced so at least you got that!

Wemfs

Why the hell would anyone throw out a point blank Ex tackle anyways? That's just stupid.