What's new

Video/Tutorial Noob - New High Damage Combos *to be updated*

InFlames

dead
Check
I think I beat your 68%. I don't know the exact damage but it's around 69-70%. I'll upload it tomorrow.

EDIT: I did the jab thing. The life bar drained at 17 blocked 1's. Though I think the last one was about half of the actual damage.

Check
I think I beat your 68%. I don't know the exact damage but it's around 69-70%. I'll upload it tomorrow.

EDIT: I did the jab thing. The life bar drained at 17 blocked 1's. Though I think the last one was about half of the actual damage.
I have one that drains at 15 and 8..which is .62 more than 17 blocked 1's

Uploading it now. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Noob 70% Midscreen Combo MK9

-This works because BF4 recovers sooner than DF3, which allows you time to do an enhanced portal.

-Unfortunately the BF4 is blockable, so it only adds 2%.

-The BF4 is guaranteed when pushed on top of the Lord of Shadow setup. Very easy to test because BF4 has no pushback. So if it gets blocked,
you dont get pushed back into portal, hence it is guaranteed when done on top of a portal, but still blockable. I've always known this.

-The DF3 version is 100% unblockable and adds 6 to 7%.

Thanks to InFlames for the d2 setup.

InFlames - BF4 works, but is blockable for only 2%. DF3 hits much lower to the ground, so it can be used with the portal for full unblockable damage. This is something i've always known ever since finding the Lord of Shadow.

The real test is figuring out how to get BF4 full unblockable damage.

Intrigued to see what you have! Good luck, man.

InFlames

dead
Check
No luck on adding damage to my combo. Though during the process I found a different setup that includes 5 Portals(including EX Portal) that could do around 71-72% but I'm having major difficulty on doing the Slide chip and the unblockable Charge.

I'll upload the 69-70% in a couple of hours. If you want I can give you the inputs for the 72%.

InFlames

dead
Check
Alright here it is:

For now I'm just saying it's 69%. The game damage counts it as 71%.

15+2+3+3+3+45=71

If you could tell me the exact damage that would be helpful.

Also, using Charge doesn't work. If they let go of block and get hit by the Charge the Lord of Shadow disappears before the 3rd Portal hits.

Check
Alright here it is:

For now I'm just saying it's 69%. The game damage counts it as 71%.

15+2+3+3+3+45=71

If you could tell me the exact damage that would be helpful.

Also, using Charge doesn't work. If they let go of block and get hit by the Charge the Lord of Shadow disappears before the 3rd Portal hits.

Very nice. And very true about trying to delay the charge for full damage. If you delay it, you lose the last portal.

I went ahead and tabulated everything for you. Keep in mind that i still haven't checked whether a blocked 1 does 1.31%. Assuming that's 1.31 for now

Noob 70% Combo = 27.65%

Noob 69% Combo = 28.76%

70%: 15 1's, 8 d1's + jp~2(6%) = 27.65
69%: 21 1's, 2 d1s, = 28.76

InFlames

dead
Check
Now that Christmas is over I got back at trying the 5 portal combo. I don't know if I did something wrong but I did the jab thing and it drained at 15 blocked 1's(without the Slide chip). I'm currently trying to record the complete combo, the slide chip is strict and when I do land it I drop it afterwards. I'll keep trying. Any luck on a Toasty Boost combo?

Don't know what to tell you. I will rerecord it and confirm the 15 blocked 1's, 8 blocked d1's. But it seems silly to go through all that hassle.

Actually no, the slide chip helps me land the crossover d2 more often. As well, it helps me time the enhanced portal unjumpable. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Noob Toasty is on the way. Tried it last night but no Forden.

Very easy to do.

InFlames

dead
Don't know what to tell you. I will rerecord it and confirm the 15 blocked 1's, 8 blocked d1's. But it seems silly to go through all that hassle.

Actually no, the slide chip helps me land the crossover d2 more often. As well, it helps me time the enhanced portal unjumpable. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Noob Toasty is on the way. Tried it last night but no Forden.

Very easy to do.
No need to go over that, I read your last posts and according to your damage it's around 19.

By the way, I found that you can hit them in the air with B1. Guess the game reads it as a projectile. I don't think (2)1 works though, the hitbox on that move is so small.

No need to go over that, I read your last posts and according to your damage it's around 19.

By the way, I found that you can hit them in the air with B1. Guess the game reads it as a projectile. I don't think (2)1 works though, the hitbox on that move is so small.
Read my posts on youtube. All shadow moves work. Including Kenshit.

Not a new Noob combo, but figured InFlames would find it interesting.

I added 1% to the smoke midscreen. Uploading now.

The quality is a work in progress. Still trying to get the colors to match up right with my older videos...

I just upgraded my computer to 8 GB of RAM, so i hope that helps the quality in some way.

Soon i will reveal my HD recordings.

InFlames

dead
Smoke 158%?? (no idea) midscreen
Damn, good job. That F4-Teleport at the end was sick. :)

Have you tried doing 3d12 instead of 32 at the end of the first combo? When I was recording the 153% I saw that doing that string raised the damage by 1-2% but was impossible to reset out of. The last hit in F4 would always whiff. :(

InFlames Not sure man. Sorry. I've been away for a while.

Just wanted to update you on something else:

My PS3 is freezing up now like yours when you try to do the blackhole glitch. It only lags on certain stages, but all i can tell you is:

1) I recently upgraded to HD. It worked prior to switching my settings over to HD. They are back on a CRT for now, and the slowdowns keep happening. But ever since switching my settings over to HD/component and then switching them back to composite/svideo CRT, it has slowed down. I've noticed some dropped inputs as well such 21 not coming out. Only 2 will come out.

2) The only space being taken up by the ps3 harddrive is a few save files and a few demos. Beyond that, i spent the last week or so unlocking all the alternate costumes (perhaps the culprit?).

That's all i can tell you. I just want my non slowdown on every stage back :(

InFlames

dead
InFlames

That's all i can tell you. I just want my non slowdown on every stage back :(
Yeah man it sucks. Looks ugly and makes timing moves harder(like 21~charge, inputting it too fast makes it 2~ghostball[??]). I try to edit it into making it normal speed but it never works out, looks weird in the end.

Can you name any stages that it doesn't lag on? I'm not sure if it works on all stages but doing it directly in the wall makes it normal speed, but doesn't help at all.

Yeah man it sucks. Looks ugly and makes timing moves harder(like 21~charge, inputting it too fast makes it 2~ghostball[??]). I try to edit it into making it normal speed but it never works out, looks weird in the end.

Can you name any stages that it doesn't lag on? I'm not sure if it works on all stages but doing it directly in the wall makes it normal speed, but doesn't help at all.
Off the top of my head? Man, i am super rusty but ill try:

No Lag - Desert, Shang throne, Pit night.
Lag - Colosseum, Rooftop Dusk

thats all i can remember for now. i did a lag test on every stage a while back. shang throne and pit night are 2 least laggy stages. If someone can find that list, maybe i posted it somewhere on here.

I was able to measure the lag on any stage with kenshi and noob. the lag also varies depending on where you stand, and also audio causes lag. like when the dragon roars on rooftop dusk, it causes extra lag.

And i swear, practice mode feels less laggy than vs mode.

9.95 mentioned to me to unplug my ps3 for a few minutes to reset it. Gonna turn it on now and see if the lag is gone. If not, i may just reformat my harddrive again.

Alright I'll try the stages you named. Does the unplug trick work in HD?

Hooking up my HD right now is not a option. I can barely get reception on my old capture card, which means i cant move any wires around. Same goes for playing online. Off limits till CRT recordings are finally done.

Let me know how the unplug trick works for you. Keep it up unplugged for 5 minutes.