What's new

Video/Tutorial Noob - New High Damage Combos *to be updated*

InFlames

dead
I was originally going to post a huge video showing all these new combos, but I decided to post them separately since it was taking too long to edit. I will update this thread throughout the next week or 2 with more combos.

Noob Saibot 66% - Highest damage without the use of a Portal.
Noob Saibot 70% - Highest damage without using the GE glitch, the Blackhole glitch, or Portal resets.
Noob Saibot 67% - High damage Midscreen combo, potential Toasty Boost setup. Thanks Check for the last :ex Portal tip.
Noob Saibot 69% - High damage Midscreen combo.
Noob Saibot 71% - High damage Midscreen combo. Credit to Check for the Blackhole interruption idea.
Noob Saibot 97% - Highest damage Wall combo. 67% found by me.
Noob Saibot 72% - Highest damage wall combo without using resets or glitches.

"Lord of Shadows" Blackhole Glitch and Sheeva uppercut setup discovered by: Check

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Can someone explain what the GE glitch is? also how do u do the portal glitches?

InFlames

dead
Can someone explain what the GE glitch is? also how do u do the portal glitches?
GE = Green Explosion. If Noob is interrupted when throwing a Shadow Charge and you follow up with 2,1 or B1, his shadow explodes increasing the damage.

EDIT: Here's a video showing it:

Axel_Redd

GE = Green Explosion. If Noob is interrupted when throwing a Shadow Charge and you follow up with 2,1 or B1, his shadow explodes increasing the damage.

EDIT: Here's a video showing it
i don't see what he was interrupted by in this vid....

also how does he do the portal glitch?

InFlames

dead
i don't see what he was interrupted by in this vid....

also how does he do the portal glitch?
When doing a Portal there is a certain time restriction before you can do it again. Doing the Portal during Sheeva's Teleport gives more than that allowing you to do a second Portal while the first one is still in the screen causing it to glitch. It will stay there for around 4-5 seconds.

Axel_Redd

When doing a portal there is a certain time restriction before you can do it again. Doing the Portal during Sheeva's Teleport gives more than that allowing you to do a second Portal while the first one is still in the screen causing it to glitch. It will stay there for around 4-5 seconds.
oh...so it only works against sheeva?

InFlames The 67% you posted only does .50% more than my 67%. I went ahead and bumped mine up to 68%, which does .25% more than the one you posted. Also, please add credits for the "Lord of Shadow" setup. Thanks for the credits on the enhanced blackhole.

Noob Saibot 68% Midscreen Combo

Oh my god, I love backwards uppercut combos <3.

Does this work on everyone trying to cross up or just Sheeva? If you don't mind me asking?

Really sick stuff :).

The setup was first used in "Death is Certain" with other characters already. It's also been used recently with Ermac's 71% Toasty Boost combo. It can be applied to any character with a decent recovery. Discovered by: CHECK

"Lord of Shadow" setup is also discovered by: CHECK

InFlames

dead
InFlames The 67% you posted only does .50% more than my 67%. I went ahead and bumped mine up to 68%, which does .25% more than the one you posted.
Wait... what? :confused: I counted the chip and it only does 66% or is there some damage I'm missing?
17+2+2+3+42=66

Also, how come the glitch doesn't lower the frame rate on yours? It looks sooo much better than in slow motion. :(

I'll add the credits to the things you discovered by the way.

EDIT: I just remembered the second portal only does 2% because of the damage scaling. Does the Charge chip remove the scaling? That could be the damage I'm missing.

Axel_Redd

i still don't get how the clone exploded....i didn't see any interruption in the video....

D. R.

Noob
i still don't get how the clone exploded....i didn't see any interruption in the video....
If you woulda watched the vid on Youtube, you woulda say this in the description:

No biggie, but never just watch a vid that's linked, you miss vital info sometimes.

D. R.

Noob
Check InFlames

Have you all done a toasty boost combo yet with Noob? I have some ideas, one for midscreen, and one for the corner if you all are interested. I just can't get the Toasty to pop up at the right time, so I said fuck it. lol They should work though.

InFlames

dead
Check InFlames

Have you all done a toasty boost combo yet with Noob? I have some ideas, one for midscreen, and one for the corner if you all are interested. I just can't get the Toasty to pop up at the right time, so I said fuck it. lol They should work though.
I've tried it midscreen. I had 2 chances and I dropped 2 chances. :(

InFlames I can show you both combos with the end of the lifebar chipped away.

-My 68 leaves 17 blocked 1's and 6 blocked d1's.
-Your 67 leaves 17 blocked 1's and 7 blocked d1's.

a blocked d1 does .25% (if i recall correctly).

D. R. - not yet.

InFlames HDTV's lag for the Lord of Shadow setup. I use a CRT.

As for calculating the damage:

a blocked 1 is usually 1.31% = 22.27%
a blocked d1 is about .25% (i think) = 1.50%

Final damage for my 68% is 66.3%
Yours be 66.05%

I'll check Noob's 1 to see how much it does on block.

InFlames here it is:

i had messed up the amount of d1's. it was 6 blocked d1's for my 68 and 7 blocked d1's for your 67%.

it's still accurate that mine does .25% more, though.

Interesting.. I just checked my old 67% and it does exactly the same as my new one.

So the original 67% from my Lord of Shadow combo video is still the highest by .25% (one blocked d1).

Oh well, at least the new one shows 42% instead of 41%.

Perhaps the new one does more since it shows 42%. A decimal carried over from some place (the last d1, so d1 isn't exactly .25%)

InFlames

dead
HDTV's lag for the Lord of Shadow setup. I use a CRT.
It still lags even on non-HD TV's for me. :(

I wish this game had a true 1% move. Would make this easier. Either way... well played Check. Back to the lab for me. :p

By the way quick question. If an opponent gets damaged for doing a move and you can combo after(it's inescapable) would you count it all as a full combo?

It still lags even on non-HD TV's for me. :(

I wish this game had a true 1% move. Would make this easier. Either way... well played Check. Back to the lab for me. :p

By the way quick question. If an opponent gets damaged for doing a move and you can combo after(it's inescapable) would you count it all as a full combo?

Certain stages lag harder. Also happened on TONY-T hacked ps3. His theory is that the hard drive is too full. Perhaps yours is near full as well?

I can only induce lag with The Lord of Shadow setup using Kenshi's spirit moves and Reptiles forceball. I'm sure some other moves cause slowdown during that setup too.

You can blame MK vs DC, as the damages were mostly carried over from that game.

Do you have an example of what you mean? I'm a slow guy :)

InFlames

dead
Check
A good example is doing a portal, the opponent does an armor move, you punish it, he falls, you can add damage. Full combo?

That's not the combo I have in mind though. ;)

EDIT: I'll show you the method I'm talking about. I'm sure you can keep secrets.