What's new

Noob Combo Thread

Munchi

Noob
nice! i have to get back on my training with noob..i dont have any MK friends online.. only friends for SSFIV AE ..feel free to add me PSN: Mun-ChiSRK

TrickyNick

Weather Man
D.R how the hell u manage to land that ghost ball in the corner against sub? I had to try it a hundred times already lol..got everything but that last hit

Dante

Noob
Talking about the "death combo" i guess huh? Well havent tried it but im sure u gotta hit the b1 when the opponent is at max height.

LockM

Noob
Try to hit the 1,2 upknee at the "perfect point" this should make the followup witht the B.1 easier.
It's not so much about the B1 as with the 1,2.

D. R.

Noob
D.R how the hell u manage to land that ghost ball in the corner against sub? I had to try it a hundred times already lol..got everything but that last hit
When you hit the second :en Upknee, walk backwards a split second, then buffer into the :l :fp :bp :fp :bk xx :en Disabler. I do it like this and never miss it.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Ok thanks guys, yea i didnt walk backwards if anything i tried dashing forward to get underneath of him. Just picked up noob the other day always liked him needed a break from reptile but then my xbox red ringed on me after the hrs i spent in practice mode with him[MAD][/MAD]

How do you guys punish with Noob? Regular mid-screen combo? I'm thinking against a character like Smoke where I block their teleport, and they're stuck in the air for a bit. Usually if I'm quick enough, I'll shadow kick and then either throw a shadow slide, or rush over and try to catch them in a :l:fp:bp:fp:bk... as they're getting up, especially if they end up in the corner.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Good question and u brought up a question i want to ask as well..im sorry i dont really know the best thing to do in that situation with noob im sure someone here will give u some insight...but have u tried to use a black hole? im curious if u can land them with a black hole as they fall down..since the new patch its alot quicker, but could be a big risk if they recover fast enough. Im pretty sure u could get the ex black hole out before they recover from a blocked tele

I would try but my xbox is currently rrod

D. R.

Noob
The easiet punish for a blocked teleport is 8 hits, 31% damage for one meter:
:l :bp, quick dash cancel :fp :bp, dash cancel :fp :bp xx :en :d :l :fk, :d :u

This is what I use all the time to punish teleports because it leaves you in a great spot for easy mixup and the damage is nice too.

If for whatever reason you do not have meter using Noob, which seems rare, you can do this easy combo for 5 hits, 22% damage:

:l :bp, quick dash cancel :fp :bp xx :d :l :fk, quick dash cancel :d :r :fk

Even if you miss the shadow tackle, you're still in a good place to start your zoning.

Hope this helps! :evil:

VRbrada

Noob
you just do b,1,2,1,4,df2,df3 reapete the same, and when you find the right timing you will do it again and again and again and ag oups dead....pro saibot wins :hammer:

DaeDraug

Noob
you just do b,1,2,1,4,df2,df3 reapete the same, and when you find the right timing you will do it again and again and again and ag oups dead....pro saibot wins :hammer:
A win against an opponent who can not escape from this trap is worthless...

It's a nice setup to use from time to time, but not a valid tactic to win against better players - especially offline.

D. R.

Noob
Man, sorry to burst your bubble, but the opponent can wake up attack through this set up or roll back and jump out of it. It's not guaranteed at all. It just forces the opponent to have to make a move after the combo. If you guess right though you can punish their wake up attack or if they decided to roll back and jump out, you can delay the shadow tackle and catch them in mid air, starting Noob's zoning all over again. There's your "Pro Saibot Strategy" to get wins. :evil:

Your tactic may work online, but unfortunatly, it doesn't work offline. If it did, NRS would be all over it.

VRbrada

Noob
Man, sorry to burst your bubble, but the opponent can wake up attack through this set up or roll back and jump out of it. It's not guaranteed at all. It just forces the opponent to have to make a move after the combo. If you guess right though you can punish their wake up attack or if they decided to roll back and jump out, you can delay the shadow tackle and catch them in mid air, starting Noob's zoning all over again. There's your "Pro Saibot Strategy" to get wins. :evil:

Your tactic may work online, but unfortunatly, it doesn't work offline. If it did, NRS would be all over it.
even if could not cath him you can delay your black hole and do it in front of you or if you see that he is rolling you do it behind him!you just guessing him!i never said that it is an infinite!lol!you just need to guess him right !and its a safe guessing because its form far away and if guessed right your opponent eats a full combo!and its the also the presurre your opponent feels!yeap a pro noob indeed!when i say you need to find the right timing i mean the right timing when you dont put black hole in the end of your combo and you just trying to read your opponent and find the right timing to throw him a black hole!i though that my post dint need all of that describition so the readers could understand what i mean but i was wrong!anyhow i believe you understand now!i am not very good on englishe!

D. R.

Noob
A "read" is just a good guess. Lol You didn't have to explain yourself though. I just wanted to clarify for anyone else browsing this forum. Can't have anyone thinking there's an infinite. People would bitch "omg, an infinite!" to NRS and get him nerfed tomorrow in a hot fix. Lol jk :evil:

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Seeing as this is a combo thread I will post my corner combo. 2,1,2, ex upkick, 2,1,2 upkick, 1,2, upkick, shadow slide thing. 42% and one bar of ex.

Found another while messing with that formula. 2,1,2 ex upkick, 1,2 upkick, 1,2 upkick, 1,2, shadow tackle. Does 44%

Found a further one with the same forumla. 2,1,2, ex upkick, 2,1,2 upkick, 1,2, upkick, 1,2, shadow tackle. Does 45%

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sorry if I missed it, but what is best corner combo meterless?
This is very early on but for me, meterless corner is around 35% with:
Back 1,2,1,4 upkick, 1,2 upkick, 1,2, up kick, 1,2 shadow tackle

Another but with slightly harder timing:
2,1,2 upkick, 2,1,2 upkick, 1,2 upkick, 1,2 shadow tackle

Nasty

Noob
too hard to time

im finding that "1,2 upkick, 1,2 upkick" is a lot harder to pull off the upkick with than say the 2,1,2 combo... the timing has to be very fast and accurate on the 1,2 upkick, but not so with the full combos since you are able to push the 2,1,2 quickly and while noob is still finishing the combo you can delay on upkick vs 1,2 the upkick has to be done immediately after. also, using the full combo 2,1,2 is more damaging and gives the option to throw disabler if youre in the corner

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
2,1,2 for some reason scales really well agaisnt everything. But you can only do it twice max in the corner before gravity starts to take advantage. I would put it in the beginning of the combo.

D. R.

Noob
Corner, bnb, no meter, requires slight practice:

:bp :fp :bp xx :d :l :fk, :r :fk xx :d :l :fk, :fp :bp xx :d :l :fk, :fp :bp xx :d :l :fk, :fp :bp xx :d :l :fk, :d :fp xx :d :r :fk

17 Hits, 40% damage (Add a jumpin punch, 43% damage)

Got bored of playing Smoke, maining Saibot now, playing around in the dojo atm, got a nice little xray combo:

Back 1,2,1,4~BlackHoleBehind~RunningMan, NJP-XRAY.

Going to start playing around with the portals more and try find some really nice set ups, share them when i do!

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Got bored of playing Smoke, maining Saibot now, playing around in the dojo atm, got a nice little xray combo:

Back 1,2,1,4~BlackHoleBehind~RunningMan, NJP-XRAY.

Going to start playing around with the portals more and try find some really nice set ups, share them when i do!
I do the same xray combo online if it kills them, u can add more to it but its easier to pull off this way. Also best decision u could make maining noob;)