What's new

Noob Combo Thread

Dante

Noob
Meh if they see u got xray after u landed disabler they could just stay and eat a shadow so they can avoid it. It seems to me that midscreen disabler is even less worth it compared to the low dmg output noob has.

D. R.

Noob
Don't waste your time on Disabler outside the corner because it's not good. Only good application is :en Disabler in the corner.

You can do Blackhole, NJP, :l :bp, dash :fp :bp xx :x for 8 hits, 43% damage or if the tackle knocked the opponent into the blackhole, 9 hits, 47% damage.

Waste of meter imo, but can kill the opponent if need be.

Only good use for X-Ray is as an anti air, to punish fullscreen or if you combo into it with :bp :fp :bp. Other than that, save your meter! :evil:

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I was messing around with the blackhole resets today, and the chances of it connecting on people who know what they are doing is slim but still fun to trap those unaware lol. Also if the blackhole does not connect after a shadowtackle the enemy will still be to far away to really punish you, but still could eat a flash kick from jonny cage ,or something to that effect

b1214, blackhole, shadowtackle, NJP...repeat( timing a bit tricky)
b1214, blackhole, shadowtackle, NJP, F4,3 blackhole, shadow tackle, NJP, then B1214 or F4,3 again
Also B2,1,4 can be used as a blackhole combo, and i personally like using this one after a JP...comes out a bit quicker in case they block and if they do i finish it with shadow upknee or shadow slide.

I wish there was a way to combo a blackhole into a ex slide. As the ex side throws them forward into a blackhole set in front of noob, but ive tried not possible:(

Anyway i realize that those blackhole resets are really unpractical and if i catch someone with one blackhole reset i normally just finish the combo.
B1214, blackhole, shadowtackle, NJP, B2, dash 1, dash 12, EX upknee, tele slam.... i could do 12 instead of 1 but its difficult to do online so i resort to a shorter version.

Anyways just throwing it out there

wolfe

Noob
does ex black hole have more merit then reg black hole? would be a shame to have 3 specials all of which fail vs anyone who knows the matchup as they dont have a lot of practical application after that.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
does ex black hole have more merit then reg black hole? would be a shame to have 3 specials all of which fail vs anyone who knows the matchup as they dont have a lot of practical application after that.
EX blackhole is highly underestimated..It can be used to catch them off guard or the main thing to gain advantage in a zoning fight. If your fighting someone throwing fireballs from a corner and your trades are ending up with you on the ground, throw a ex black hole it is so fast it will catch them, and grant u a combo:)

D. R.

Noob
b1214, blackhole, shadowtackle, NJP...repeat( timing a bit tricky)
I'm about to blow your mind on how to make hitting b1214 way easier after a NJP. It's easy, ready? Add that awesome move b+2 first, then wait a split second and do the b+1214 string. It's that easy and hits 100% of the time. So now what you got is blackhole, NJP, dash b+2, b+1214 xx whatever, except teleport. This is the combo I use if I have no meter and they get hit by a blackhole because it's the highest damage output.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Yea i didnt really think about that. Just something i fiddled around with a bit in training thanks for the heads up.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Only good use for X-Ray is as an anti air, to punish fullscreen or if you combo into it with :bp :fp :bp. Other than that, save your meter! :evil:
Don't forget that noobs x-ray has super armor right at the beginning so if you see a :x dash from kabal or any projectiles (other than subs lol) use it to get a 36% lead on the opponent. I usually save it for breakers though. Gotta be cautious.

D. R.

Noob
*Bump*

Also, I think I found a way to combo into more than one portal! I get close, but not the intended results. I'll test it some more when I have time, see what I get, and share my findings. Could be impractical combo video stuff or it could mean new setups and combo opportunities for the bossman. *fingers crossed* :evil:

DaeDraug

Noob
Really easy 47% XRay combo off Black Hole reset

BlackHole, (ShadowCharge hit), NJP, micro dash, 3~XRay

I find it easier than NJP, dash b+2, dash 1,2~XRay

Dante

Noob
After anti air jump FP/BP 12 xx tele connects for 15% no bar or 1,2 xx ex upkick, tele for 20%. Anyone knows a better one?
Also if for whatever damned reason you go for dmg in corner combos always end them with low shadow instead of tackle as it gives actual oki whereas the tackle ender can be punished by wake up attacks (lolwhat!).

After a tele b1 will catch the opponent if they try to jump and its possible to do b12 xx tele although u gotta commit so i dont suggest u do that. Instead b12 xx portal is pretty safe on block because of the distance and if b12 hits u got a nice portal setup. Also b1 dash could be good for some pressure.

Does anyone know what the frames of 12 are on hit and block?

D. R.

Noob
After comprehensive examination, it is impossible to connect two black holes into one combo, not a reset. Reason being is no matter the location of the opponent, be it on the ground or highest in the air, the blackhole always appears out of view (offscreen) right above the opponent and the opponent can always act first before the blackhole touches the ground. Bummer, I know.

Well, on to testing the "Green Explosion" effect Noob sometimes gets in combos and how to possibly control it so it adds damage to a combo and not break the hit counter mid combo. There's been a lot of random variables and different outcomes I've gotten, but nothing consistent and noteworthy, besides when the combo fully connects. This done right could potentially have Noob deal respectable midscreen damage and finally break 50% midscreen, 65%+ in the corner. :evil:

Some tag team shenanigans here. I know there's not much interest in tag team mode in MK9, but I have fun playing around and come up with cross-character combos. I came across an interesting glitch while putzing around with Sub Zero and Noob Saibot in practice mode today. Basically, it seems that if you start a combo with your first character and cancel a string with enough hit stun to land Tag EX Disabler, you end up with two neat perks:

A. The disabler effect will ONLY get deactivated if Noob hits the opponent. If your tag partner hits the opponent while disabler is active, then it remains active until its time runs out.
B. The combination of the hit stun and the disabled blocking from EX disabler gives you an easy reset to capitalize on to continue your combo. On top of this, since the EX disabler doesn't wear off while you're hitting the opponent, if the opponent intends to break your combo he cannot break the combo using the usual command while EX disabler is up- he must hold back and block instead of forward and block.

It also appears you can setup Noob Saibot's black hole reset from any Fast Tag that ends in Noob doing the second half of F4, 3. Here are two combos I came up with, the first uses one meter for the EX Tag Disabler reset and the second uses two bars for EX Up Kicks in the corner for another 7%. As usual, this one can be escaped at the black hole with a tech roll or certain wakeups.

Not much use in day to day gameplay, but was still fun coming up with this one. Now that I think about it, it would probably be viable to slip in a few extra B1, 2s on Sub Zero for some extra percent while the Disabler is active since it will only wear off on its own.

Here's a couple more set ups.

And the "Green Explosion" effect used to increase damage! :evil:

Thanks for all your contributions on the thread. Very knowledgeable. In the second video, though, why up knees in the corner and no actual combo? Couldn't 3,3,3s work great there and significant increase the damage?

My Contribution (may be impractical/poor choices):

(Corner) 2,1,2, EX Upknee, Upknee, F3,3,3, Upknee, 1,2, Portal (reset)

I haven't really thrown anything in after the portal because I just found this a bit ago but you could do

nJP, B2,1,4, EX Upknee Upknee, F3,3,3, some special. Haha.

Around 40% on each half. Is this just impractical? Haha
I've just recently started getting pretty serious with Noob and this is one of my first combos I feel like is my own.

Tiny contribution to this thread, but hadn't seen this corner combo yet so here it is:

2,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee = 16 hits 40%

Great damage for meterless, and simple as hell. Pretty ridiculous how much that string can be abused.

LockM

Noob
Tiny contribution to this thread, but hadn't seen this corner combo yet so here it is:

2,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee = 16 hits 40%

Great damage for meterless, and simple as hell. Pretty ridiculous how much that string can be abused.
That combo has been know for a very long time now, was the basis for some of his harder ones in the corner.
Can't blame you though for posting it as you pretty much have to scan through all the pages and different posts to see if it was or wasn't known already. Someone should make a comprehensive post of all of Noob his combos, midscreen, corner, resets, anti air, air-to air etc and post it in the opening post. Saw D.R had a great post that is buried in this thread with a list of good combos(corner only?).

Anyway, i'm willing to make a list of his BnB's, although i only use 2-3 combos in the corner really and don't know alot of the more advanced and obscure ones. Probably make another post tomorrow, pretty late now:wow:

D. R.

Noob
...Anyway, i'm willing to make a list of his BnB's, although i only use 2-3 combos in the corner really and don't know alot of the more advanced and obscure ones. Probably make another post tomorrow, pretty late now:wow:
That'd be awesome as I've typed the same combos over and over only for them to be lost in this and random threads. lol When the next patch for MK comes out, I'll make a new thread containing everything that needs to be known of Noob. I mean EVERYTHING. :evil:

LockM

Noob
Ok, so i wrote up some combos, mainly the ones i use myself, and as you can see i like to keep it pretty basic and universal, especially with the corner combos, and there are ALOT more. I will add other combos to make the list more complete as i skim through the NS forums. If there are faults in this relatively small list, please point them out, don't want people to waste their time with combos that don't work :bigsmile:

Noob Saibot Combos

Midscreen:
Meterless:
-2,1,2 xx Teleslam.
-2,1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Teleslam.
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Shadow Tackle.
-f.3,3,3 xx Teleslam.
-f.3,3,3 xx Shadow Tackle.
-NJP, dash, 1,2, dash,1,2 xx Shadow Tackle

Meter:
-NJP,dash, 1,2, dash,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Shadow Tackle.
-NJP, dash,1,2, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Teleslam.
-Blackhole, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Shadow Tackle.
-Blackhole, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Teleslam.

X-Ray:
-b.1,2,1,4 xx X-Ray.
-2,1,2 xx X-Ray.

Anti-Air:
-Shadow Upknee, Shadow Tackle.
-EX Shadow Upknee,Shadow Tackle.
-EX Shadow Upknee,Teleslam.
-d.1,dash, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-d.1,dash,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee,Shadow Tackle.
-d.1,dash,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee,Teleslam.
*d.1 should mainly be used when the opponent tries a crossover, standing 1 is easier to combo off and should be used when opponent goes for a normal jump in.

Air-to-Air:
-JK xx Teleslam.
-JP, Shadow Tackle.
-JP, dash, d.4 xx Shadow Tackle
-JP, dash, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-JP, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Shadow Tackle.
-JP, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Teleslam.

Resets(not guarenteed):
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Blackhole(Behind), Shadow Tackle, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Blackhole(Behind), Shadow Tackle, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Shadow Tackle.
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Blackhole(Behind), Shadow Tackle, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Teleslam.
-b.1,2,1,4 xx Blackhole(Behind), Shadow Tackle, NJP, dash, 3, dash, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, Blackhole(Behind), Shadow Tackle...rinse and repeat.
*If you can, do a very quick backdash right after trowing the Blackhole with his b.1,2,1,4 string, this way they cannot roll out of the setup. This backdash setup will not work when you go for a second reset in the same combo, the spacing is then different. Close to the corner use the Blackhole(Above).
*The resets can be started in different ways, like just from an anti-air EX Shadow Upknee, and different strings. However some strings have different setups, so adjust accordingly, these listed are just the most common ones. With resets it is not always going for the big combo, it is about limiting your opponents options, so in some situations you actually want them to escape it.

Corner:
Meterless:
-b.1,2,1 xx Shadow Upknee, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x2, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-2,1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, 1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, b.1,2,1,4 xx (EX)Ghost Ball.
-2,1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x2, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-2,1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x3, d.1/4 xx Shadow Tackle.

Meter:
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, 3, 3, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x3.
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, 3, 3, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x2, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, 3, 3, (1,2 xx Shadow Upknee)x3, d.1/4 xx Shadow Tackle.
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, (walk back, JK, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee)x2, 1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, uppercut.
^You give up positional advantage, however damage is good.
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, (walk back, JK, 1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee)x2, 1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.
-2,1,2 xx EX Shadow Upknee, NJP, (4 xx EX Shadow Upknee)x2, 4 xx Shadow Upknee, 1,2 xx Shadow Upknee, 1,2 xx Shadow Tackle.

X-Ray:
-2,1,2 xx X-Ray

Resets:
??

*With most combo's you can do a Jump in Punch starter for extra damage.
*The resets won't work with Noob his MK2 outfit, it is bugged.
*Will put damage percentages next to the combo's don't know from the top of my head.
*And an obligatory statement, i take no credit for any of these combos.

Hope it helps someone:)

LockM

Noob
Don't know about anyone else but i never use a Shadow Slide in a combo, if i do one of the above mentioned combos they will get knocked down anyway, might as well use the most damaging specials. I do use it full screen, on wakeup, or after a throw/teleslam. When a combo is blocked i rather not do a slide either because it can be fuzzyguarded and you hardly get any pushback, so not safe at all.

Reedoms

Noob
Don't know about anyone else but i never use a Shadow Slide in a combo, if i do one of the above mentioned combos they will get knocked down anyway, might as well use the most damaging specials. I do use it full screen, on wakeup, or after a throw/teleslam. When a combo is blocked i rather not do a slide either because it can be fuzzyguarded and you hardly get any pushback, so not safe at all.
I use it pretty much after all of my combos.
Take b1,2,1,4 for example. If you use shadow slide after that by the time they finally hit the ground you can already throw a shadow charge at them. Not to mention it gets them the farthest away from you. If you do tackle after 2,1,2 they will be about midscreen from you, but if you use slide they go full screen.