What's new

Noob Combo Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
As we find new things I'll update the main post:
Please post notation along with damage %.

Midscreen Meterless BnB's

:bp :fp :bp xx :d:u 24%

:bp :fp xx :d:r :fp

:l+:fp :bp :fp :bk xx :d:u

Midscreen Meter BnB's

Corner Meterless BnB's

:)bp :fp :bp) or :)l+:fp :bp :fp :bk) xx :d:l:fk > [:fp :bp xx :d:l:fk]x3 > cr.:fp xx :d:l:fk 38%

:)bp :fp :bp) or :)l+:fp :bp :fp :bk) xx :d:l:fk > :fp :bp xx :d:l:fk > :l+:fp :bp :fp :bk xx :d:r:fp

Corner Meter BnB's

EGP Wonder_Chef

So far for midscreen I can't find much, corner though:

[:bp-:fp] or [:l+:fp-:bp-:fp-:bk] xx :l:d :fk, :fp-:bp xx :l:d :fk, :fp-:bp xx :l:d :fk, :fp-:bp xx :l:d :fk+:blk, j.:fp xx :d:u

Rather damaging, 40 something %.

With no free-hit special to use mid-combo and no ground pop-up, Noob's midscreen combos are really limited. I think he's the only character without both.

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
Yeah, Noob does bugger all for damage, but I personally don't even mind. He's going to be my secondary(my main being Raiden). He might not be top tier, but damned if he isn't fun.

D. R.

Noob
My YouTube page for MK9 combos
I'll upload all my combos at some point. In the future, I'll do it with better quality.

(In corner) Jump In :fp :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:l:fk, :bp:fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:fkxx:d:r:fk 26 Hits, 44% Damage, full meter (Most hits I found so far)

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, Slight Step :l, Jump In :fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, Slight Step :l, Jump In :fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:r:fk 19 Hits, 65% Damage, full meter (Most damage I found so far)

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 19 Hits, 64% Damage, full meter

(In corner) Blackhole, NJ :fp :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 15 Hits, 61% Damage, full meter

(In corner) Jump In :fp :r:bk:fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 18 Hits, 60% Damage, full meter

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :bk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:r:fk 18Hits, 58% Damage, full meter

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:r:fp 13 Hits, 37% Damage ending in Disabler, no meter

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :bp:fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:r:fp 14 Hits, 38% Damage ending in Disabler

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:r:fp 14 Hits, 40% Damage ending in Disabler, 1 meter (easier version of no meter combo above)

(Midscreen) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:x 7 Hits, 46% Damage (Easiest and most damaging way to combo into X-ray)

(Midscreen) Blackhole, NJ :fp, dash cancel, :fk, dash cancel, :r:fk:fk:fk, ender of choice 6 Hits, 26%, can't be cancelled into teleslam, upknee or disabler (Pretty, but inconsistent and not practical)

(Midscreen) Blackhole, NJ :fp, dash cancel, :l:fp:bp:fp:bk, ender of choice 6 Hits, 22%, can't be cancelled into disabler or upknee (Consistent and easy damage)

(Midscreen) Blackhole, NJ :fp, dash cancel, :fk, dash cancel, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :en:d:u 10 Hits, 38% Damage, 2 meter (DarkDeath's combo modified to do one more point damage)

And Noob's low tier!? :bs: More to come later I'm sure.

Was tinkering around with what potential mid screen combos he has and made up these:

35% mid screen with 1 enhance move and 37% if you use 2 enhanced moves.

Also some fun with the corner combo loop, no enhanced moves.

~DarkDeath

EGP Wonder_Chef

No offense but that's only with infinite meter so it's totally useless. You should edit your post to clarify.

D. R.

Noob
Does anyone know where I can find the proration scale for combos? I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to damage but I feel like if I knew this info I could at least hit 60%. Try to at least.

D. R.

Noob
Sorry I don't know, but I'm sure if you posted the combo or PM'd one of us we would try the combo for you.
It's not that I'm having trouble with what combos to do, I just figured someone my have had the info of how damage prorates while a character is in the air. i.e.,

First hit to launch is 100%, second is 60%, third is 50%, fourth is 40%, etc.

Basically, to get big damage in a combo, it seems you want to do the most damaging hits first, leaving the faster hits near the end as all damage prorates to 1% regardless and it will keep them afloat a bit longer. It's straight though, I'll just keep experimenting. Thanks.

D. R.

Noob
Death Combo Reset (In theory)

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :bk, :r:fk:fk:fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:r:fp 16 Hits, 51% Damage

(Still in corner) :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :bk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 17 Hits, 49% Damage

Take it how you want but I've noticed Disabler in the corner scares the hell out of people. They have options to escape this such as wake up attacks, which some can be punished on block and they probably forfiet thier breaker with an ex version, and jumping out, which can be caught mid air with a NJ :fp into combo, but if you guess right that they just wake up, this works. Of course, breaker in the end nullifies this hence, in theory.

Death Combo Reset (In theory)

(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :bk, :r:fk:fk:fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :l:fp:bp:fp:bkxx:d:r:fp 16 Hits, 51% Damage

(Still in corner) :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :bk, :bk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 17 Hits, 49% Damage

Take it how you want but I've noticed Disabler in the corner scares the hell out of people. They have options to escape this such as wake up attacks, which some can be punished on block and they probably forfiet thier breaker with an ex version, and jumping out, which can be caught mid air with a NJ :fp into combo, but if you guess right that they just wake up, this works. Of course, breaker in the end nullifies this hence, in theory.
wonder if a neutral jump Punch would beat all options? if they wake up attack it'll whiff and maybe just cancel into teleport to punish, if no wake-up they eat the jump attack

D. R.

Noob
wonder if a neutral jump Punch would beat all options? if they wake up attack it'll whiff and maybe just cancel into teleport to punish, if no wake-up they eat the jump attack
I wish, but NJ Punch gets beat by wake up anti airs easily such as Lao's Spin or Cage's Flip. However, if they do a wake up attack and you guess right and block, odds are it can be punished on recovery or before they have a chance to retaliate in anyway.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
I wish, but NJ Punch gets beat by wake up anti airs easily such as Lao's Spin or Cage's Flip. However, if they do a wake up attack and you guess right and block, odds are it can be punished on recovery or before they have a chance to retaliate in anyway.
Yeah, but if you guess wrong with Noob, and they put you in a position where they can keep pressure on you and you have no meter for a Breaker, then you're fucked, so it's not worth it.

Tycho

Noob
I got a Q: I'm having trouble performing Noob's teleport slam after his
combo. I've seen it done in his reveal trailer but I have no idea how to cancel into it or cancel at all for that matter. Anyone know how? Every time I do it my enemy is already on the ground.

Tycho

Noob
Aw I see. So exactly as I'm pressing BK? Or directly after I pressed it and it's performing the animation?

thanks

CMP

Noob
(In corner) Jump In :bp :bp:fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:en:d:l:fk, :fkxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :d:bkxx:d:r:fk 19 Hits, 64% Damage, full meter (Most damage I found so far)
My question is there any advice I can get on landing those repeating moves like the ones in this combo? Whenever I try to do them what happens is the Shadow Upknee (Down Back+FK) will not come out after I do the second Shadow Upknee and when I look at the button log it says I did it correctly. I'm just having a little trouble with these types of wall combos but I can do the others ones easily like Jump in FP BPFPBP Down Back+FK,BK,BK,Forward+FKFKFK Down Back+FK, Back+FPBPFPBK

Edit: Nevermind I think I just figured it out myself.