What's new

Noob Combo Thread

LockM

Noob
I was referring to it being used in a blockstring, pushback then is bad.
Anyway i knew slide was faster, personally never used it in combos for the reasons i said before, but if the after knockdown pressure/setup is better...

Reedoms

Noob
I was tinkering around last night with Corner Combos and came up with a new one.
Start off with b1,2,1,4,upknee,1,2,upknee,1,2 upknee, 1,2, portal then charge to reset and get them in the air. This does about 33% regardless if they block the charge or not and resets them.

While in the air, NJP and then do b2,1,4,:enUpknee, normal upknee then immediately start b1,2,1,4,:enupknee, normal upknee to 1,2 portal to shadow charge or slide.

It nets around 42% and gets you a reset if they don't teleport and you can continue on with another NJP combo. Looks flashy as hell too.

All together that's just about 75% from just 2 bars of meter. It does rely on the reset but more reward for a big risk.

gdf

Noob
Could a mod update the first post? I could've sworn I saw some meterless BnB's posted in this thread.
(Gamerblake, how did you get so awesome at combo creation?)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
"*If you can, do a very quick backdash right after trowing the Blackhole with his b.1,2,1,4 string, this way they cannot roll out of the setup."

When I do this, I still have time to do the shadow tackle and NJP I take it??
Just asking before I go into practice mode.

Reedoms

Noob
"*If you can, do a very quick backdash right after trowing the Blackhole with his b.1,2,1,4 string, this way they cannot roll out of the setup."

What I do this, I still have time to do the shadow tackle and NJP I take it??
I don't understand what you're asking.

LockM

Noob

When I do this, I still have time to do the shadow tackle and NJP I take it??
Fortunately i do understand what you are saying...lol
Yes after Noob's b.1,2,14 string xx blackhole(behind) you can still throw the tackle and do a NJP. Keep in mind though that you have to dash immediately after the blackhole, so mash back, and as soon as noob moves cut the backdash short with the tackle. If you let the full backdash come out it is very strict timing to do the NJP.

A tip for strictly timed NJP, press 1 and 2 very fast after one another, because both buttons perform the same action in the air you double the chances of the NJP coming out.

Reedoms

Noob
Fortunately i do understand what you are saying...lol
Yes after Noob's b.1,2,14 string xx blackhole(behind) you can still throw the tackle and do a NJP. Keep in mind though that you have to dash immediately after the blackhole, so mash back, and as soon as noob moves cut the backdash short with the tackle. If you let the full backdash come out it is very strict timing to do the NJP.

A tip for strictly timed NJP, press 1 and 2 very fast after one another, because both buttons perform the same action in the air you double the chances of the NJP coming out.
The way I do it is if I'm online, the moment I hit the shadow I jump and spam 1. Really all you can do in order to hit it.
If I'm offline, wait until their body is halfway through the portal then jump and hit 1. If you do it earlier than that you will punch just before they start falling through the sky.

You just gotta notice how far they are in the portal before you jump.

LockM

Noob
Although after releasing 1 and pressing it again so it connects on the very first frame, i find it to be too inconsistent, i can get it almost always to hit with pressing 1 and 2 in one single motion after one another. And ofcourse noticing how far they are with the black hole is key. I never go for a reset without doing some kind of attack/string in front, otherwise if i randomly throw black holes and tackles my timing becomes too messed up, and it just isn't worth it.

D. R.

Noob
"FEAR ME!!!!!"

NOOB SAIBOT:
The COMPLETE guide by D. R. for the malevolent Shadow Wraith

That's right! This all inclusive guide for Noob will contain listed frame data, combos ranging from zero to full meter; midscreen to corner, resets, tips, strategies, etc, etc. Basically all the shit you'd ever want to know or need to know in one place and I'll be updating it whenever needed!

Koming soon... :evil:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
"FEAR ME!!!!!"

NOOB SAIBOT:
The COMPLETE guide by D. R. for the malevolent Shadow Wraith

That's right! This all inclusive guide for Noob will contain listed frame data, combos ranging from zero to full meter; midscreen to corner, resets, tips, strategies, etc, etc. Basically all the shit you'd ever want to know or need to know in one place and I'll be updating it whenever needed!

Koming soon... :evil:
lol wow u beat me to it XD. i was gonna start working on a guide after the patch but the difference in its gonna b a lolzy watch :3

D. R.

Noob
lol wow u beat me to it XD. i was gonna start working on a guide after the patch but the difference in its gonna b a lolzy watch :3
I'm gonna have it in three sections: The first will be everything needed to be known about Noob, the second will be a Noob vs. ____ strategy section and the last section will be Miscellanious Noob info pertaining to MK9. I also want to open a Noob Saibot Q n A thread so that new threads are not consrtantly being made. That shit is getting ridiculous. I think I'm being a bit too ambitious with this project, but hopefully it works out perfectly and people can level up from it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Can't wait for that Noob Saibot guide D.R. I need to figure out how to take my Noob to the next level.

Enenra

Go to hell.
what other combo can you link up to that 1,2
1,2 is mostly a dash/corner combo string. If you really want to know I'll help you out, but if you're looking for damage, I'd try B1,2,1,4 or B2,1,4. B1,2,1,4 is boss though so I'd stick with that.

Dante

Noob
ex portal, dash d2, dash 12 dash 12 ex upkick, tele - 43% midscreen 2 bars, super hard, not worth it, Stylish!

Reedoms

Noob
ex portal, dash d2, dash 12 dash 12 ex upkick, tele - 43% midscreen 2 bars, super hard, not worth it, Stylish!
Highly impractical as well. EX-Portal is not worth the meter. Instead of throwing a random portal, try getting them in a reset so even if they dodge, it won't be punishable. It would yield more damage and be only 1 bar.

Dante

Noob
Highly impractical as well. EX-Portal is not worth the meter. Instead of throwing a random portal, try getting them in a reset so even if they dodge, it won't be punishable. It would yield more damage and be only 1 bar.
Well i clearly said "not worth it" :p Just sth new to add. Also it could resault to Noob's max dmg in corner, but still not worth it :p