What's new

Noob Combo Thread

D. R.

Noob
Well people, the sad truth seems to rear it's head and I hate to say it but, I think I've maxed out Noob's combo potential. I'll try a few more things, but its not looking too good, other then resets.

His generic and easy almost death reset in the corner using full meter is 35%-38% ending in EX Disabler, meaning the opponent's waking up all kinds of fucked and then 57-60% using the last two meter. Ending a combo with EX Disabler in the corner is the way to go. I can't see any other reason not to. IT'S THAT GOOD.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Well people, the sad truth seems to rear it's head and I hate to say it but, I think I've maxed out Noob's combo potential. I'll try a few more things, but its not looking too good, other then resets.

His generic and easy almost death reset in the corner using full meter is 35%-38% ending in EX Disabler, meaning the opponent's waking up all kinds of fucked and then 57-60% using the last two meter. Ending a combo with EX Disabler in the corner is the way to go. I can't see any other reason not to. IT'S THAT GOOD.
So, after the EX Disabler, what combo do you use to finish them off?

Fulan

Noob
a reset is a setup by definition. dude stopped to setup the opponent for another combo. can't get more reset than that. doesn't matter if it's escapable, doesn't change what it is.

justim

Shingo Kick!
Good video, I had noticed that you can hit them and have them fall in the black hole which I'm sure has it's uses. Maybe I can find some time later this morning to try to find more setups for the blackhole reset(s). Maybe something like :bp:fp:bp xx:en:d:l:fk , :en:d:l:bp works?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Good video, I had noticed that you can hit them and have them fall in the black hole which I'm sure has it's uses. Maybe I can find some time later this morning to try to find more setups for the blackhole reset(s). Maybe something like :bp:fp:bp xx:en:d:l:fk , :en:d:l:bp works?
Ive tried tht b4. You dnt recover quick enough to jump and hit them in the black hole but if they try and stand up they get hit with the black hole in the beg animation of there stand up which sends them right above you. They can escape it by jumping.... idk bout rolling though

justim

Shingo Kick!
D'oh, knew it sounded familiar for a reason. Did you try it at all with :d:fk xx :l:r:bk ? I'd go load up my game right now but I don't have it all hooked up and am about to go to bed heh.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
D'oh, knew it sounded familiar for a reason. Did you try it at all with :d:fk xx :l:r:bk ? I'd go load up my game right now but I don't have it all hooked up and am about to go to bed heh.
Ill try next time I get a chance but I dn't think u recover quick enough to do :d:fk xx :l:r:bk either...[Ill try later tonight and post it up

Don't know why the charge doesn't count as part of the combo, pretty sure you can't get out of that.

Also, :bk:fk:bk xx Blackhole in the corner, safe?

justim

Shingo Kick!
only problem I really see with that setup with the tackle is that...blackhole startup is so damn slow, why wouldn't they just punch you in your face? :p

only problem I really see with that setup with the tackle is that...blackhole startup is so damn slow, why wouldn't they just punch you in your face? :p
If you use :l:fp:bp:fp xx :en:d:l:fk first you can use this setup. Hitting them with the charge into the Blackhole seems to be character specific, but the knockback on block will push everyone in I think.

I'll have a video up in a bit.

Also I've used :bp:fp:bp xx :d:l:bp in the corner with wakeup attacks switched on and so far I've been able to block before the opponent recovers.

justim

Shingo Kick!
I think we're looking into this blackhole nonsense too much. All that matters is AA :d:l:fk :d:fk :d:r:fk / :l:r:bk

edit: which makes me wonder if :en:d:l:fk dashx2 :d:fk actually IS useful..hmm!

justim

Shingo Kick!
You can roll it (midscreen) but then you can always mix it up with :d:r:bp for some pretty tricky stuff. Still think characters with good wakeup moves will beat it though (Smoke, Sub, Cybersub, Raiden, reptile, cage..) but I haven't tested it...and can't cuz I don't have anyone to play it with atm .

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Thats the problem with his resets with portal. You can roll/wake up attack/jump out of it. Personally resets midscreen r meh. It will work on casuals but not in tournament play. I only rlly reset in corner either with :x portal or :x disabler/disabler. I think :x disabler is God in the game. Not only can u not block but ur controls are all messed up preventing u to wake up attack so its almost a guaranteed reset

You can roll it (midscreen) but then you can always mix it up with :d:r:bp for some pretty tricky stuff. Still think characters with good wakeup moves will beat it though (Smoke, Sub, Cybersub, Raiden, reptile, cage..) but I haven't tested it...and can't cuz I don't have anyone to play it with atm .
You probably should test it:
1. That was a :d:r:bp portal to begin with, that's why you need to push them into it with the Shadow Charge.
2. If you roll you end up directly under the portal and you're forced to jump.
3. If you jump you'll have to do something in midair if you don't want a Shadow Charge to catch you, which means you can bait a teleport.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You probably should test it:
1. That was a :d:r:bp portal to begin with, that's why you need to push them into it with the Shadow Charge.
2. If you roll you end up directly under the portal and you're forced to jump.
3. If you jump you'll have to do something in midair if you don't want a Shadow Charge to catch you, which means you can bait a teleport.
This is some atomic collider mind games we got going here lol

Also, :bk:fk:bk xx Blackhole in the corner, safe?
Looks like it's a no unfortunately, :en seems to be unsafe at close range too, but when knocking them into the corner from outside you can stay at a safe distance from wakeups against :en Blackhole.

(yes I am aware I'm quoting myself :p)

Experimenting with the midscreen setup so far:

Smoke: You can use Blackhole and you'll still have time to block if he opts to teleport.

Sub-Zero: Slide is blockable if you don't use Charge, and what's even more interesting is that if you predict a slide you can use :d:r:l:bp and when you block the slide he'll fall through the portal :D

Reptile: Same as above, Elbow Dash is out of range.

Cage: Same as above, but the timing is VERY strict, maybe 1 or 2 frames making the difference here (this is for the :en Shadow Kick, I haven't confirmed the basic version but I don't think it would reach).

Raiden: Can't beat the superman :(

I'll try more characters later.

LockM

Noob
I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong here because i cannot let the shadow charge hit the opponent and knock him in the black hole because it already dissapeared. And even if the shadow charge knocks the opponent in the black hole can you even do a combo afterward, isn't the recovery too long on the shadow charge?