What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can't read all this.. it makes my head meat hurt. But congrats to Dragon!! Evo was the most terrifying and wonderful weekend ever. It was great to see everyone and I wish I could have worn my Aquaman T-shirt.
+10 Laugh Points for Head Meat. That's a new one.

This community is anarchy. You're all just horses eating each other.

Literally everything on this post is wrong except the Twitter part, but LOL at thinking that TYM has anything to do with the community. TYM is for people like Skylight over here.
Oh Cossner. You never change and you don't learn new tricks now do you? But hey, thanks for proving my point some several pages ago about why elitism is what's really killing this fraudulent community. You keep on kicking on the dead horse about my opinion about Dragon's choice to win and of course when you keep doing that, you obviously only select certain parts to fit your narrative and agenda. But, that's okay because at this point, you only continue to show why that your crap stinks just like the rest of us.

You think you're superior to me or anyone on this site? Where the hell are your achievements? What have you actually done besides play some damn game (and lose more money than gain from it)? You really want to play that game with me Cossner? First of, you don't even know me and second even if you did, you still can't make assumptions based off of a baseless argument that has YET to be proven differently besides the majority harping after me for saying the minority opinion. Isn't this community suppose to embrace both sides of the opinion spectrum -- both the majority and minority opinion?

"TYM is for people like Skylight over here..." Oh people who question the "mighty" and don't sit back and regurgitate bullshit because it's coming from people like you and your ilk? Get real, please, you make me laugh.

And the thing is we all already know NRs will be nerfing the top tiers next patch yet scrubs keep crying.... but as I said before once top tiers get nerfed other top tiers will rise and we will do this again till eternity.

It's a shame, such an fun solid game with the shittiest community in existence.
You have never seen me type on this forum where I am asking for nerfs or buffs for my characters nor complaining about top tier characters. It just blows my mind that something so simple of questioning the legitimacy of someone winning, can lead to some people now being called "scrubs" and "need to chill and learn from the "pros". But, I digress. I'm quite level-headed now and view Dragon's victory for what it was -- him taking advantage of other people in the match-ups by staying strong with his main. Others couldn't beat him (outside of Hayatey) that single night and he's the EVO champion for a reason. Still doesn't take away the fact I can't still be angry how he did or upset but whatever.

Life goes on and I will continue to go on and people will continue to support Dragon (as if that even matters).

There had always been a difference between winning a tournament and winning the audience.

Dragon won the tournament, even if he used a broken ass character, he's still a really good player and I'm certain that everyone agree on this. We can't blame Dragon for using a broken character to win the biggest VS fighting tournament in the world, I mean, he wasn't cheating here, he played within the rules of the game. I'm still part of people claiming that HoneyBee deserved to win, but he didin't, but I'm okay with it, because that's how it works.

However, it's frustrating to see that the same kind of bullshit made it into Injustice 2 while there was aleady the same broken characters in IGAU. Dragon isn't to blame, NRS is. Everyone accepted the fact that the "legacy" characters were keeping the almost same moveset (a lot of people was expecting an almost brand new moveset like MK9 to MKX) but I don't think it's asking too much to nerf the broken characters to make them less dumb. There have been a few tweaks, but it's far from being enough, Aquaman's trait is still dumb as hell, even with the shortened duration of the trait and the slower cooldown of the trait. NRS should stop releasing this kind of stuff it they want to be taken seriously by the rest of the FGC. I know that the game is very young, it has been out for only two months and I know that they sometimes release broken characters because it's very difficult to create a balanced character on the first try (even if sometimes it's hard to believe that they want to create a balanced DLCsand they give us totally broken DLCs like MMH), but there is no excuses for releasing the same Aquaman, they had four years of IGAU to realise he was more than good but they almost released the same one.

Also, we're here to discuss, not to fight. Insulting or despise someone who does not have the same opinion doesn't make you any smarter or your arguments more efficient. MAPUSA's post right above mine is the perfect exemple : who are you to say "GTFOH" to anyone who disagree with you ? Do you have the moral high ground or something ? No, we all have the right to discuss here, if you are afraid of having a debate, then don't post, but don't insult other people just because they DARE express a different opinion. And it's just an exemple, because a lot of posts in this thread looked like this one;

There had always been a difference between winning a tournament and winning the audience.

Dragon won the tournament, even if he used a broken ass character, he's still a really good player and I'm certain that everyone agree on this. We can't blame Dragon for using a broken character to win the biggest VS fighting tournament in the world, I mean, he wasn't cheating here, he played within the rules of the game. I'm still part of people claiming that HoneyBee deserved to win, but he didin't, but I'm okay with it, because that's how it works.

However, it's frustrating to see that the same kind of bullshit made it into Injustice 2 while there was aleady the same broken characters in IGAU. Dragon isn't to blame, NRS is. Everyone accepted the fact that the "legacy" characters were keeping the almost same moveset (a lot of people was expecting an almost brand new moveset like MK9 to MKX) but I don't think it's asking too much to nerf the broken characters to make them less dumb. There have been a few tweaks, but it's far from being enough, Aquaman's trait is still dumb as hell, even with the shortened duration of the trait and the slower cooldown of the trait. NRS should stop releasing this kind of stuff it they want to be taken seriously by the rest of the FGC. I know that the game is very young, it has been out for only two months and I know that they sometimes release broken characters because it's very difficult to create a balanced character on the first try (even if sometimes it's hard to believe that they want to create a balanced DLCsand they give us totally broken DLCs like MMH), but there is no excuses for releasing the same Aquaman, they had four years of IGAU to realise he was more than good but they almost released the same one.

Also, we're here to discuss, not to fight. Insulting or despise someone who does not have the same opinion doesn't make you any smarter or your arguments more efficient. MAPUSA's post right above mine is the perfect exemple : who are you to say "GTFOH" to anyone who disagree with you ? Do you have the moral high ground or something ? No, we all have the right to discuss here, if you are afraid of having a debate, then don't post, but don't insult other people just because they DARE express a different opinion. And it's just an exemple, because a lot of posts in this thread looked like this one;
wtf are you talking about?
this is not a discussion thread.
is that too dificult to understand?
if u want to "discuss" about aquaman and blabla go away from here.
damn, this hurts my brain smh

Shaka

Tier Whore.
If NRs players tried UMVC3 they would run back to our games and be glad our games are much more balanced.

Magneto/Doom/Phenix & Morigan/Doom/Vergil teams are way better than Aquaman & Adam in their perspective games.

Yet they still support it, and the game is still alive after all this years... here oh no game is been out for more than 4 weeks Aquaman is gonna kill it if he doesn't get nerfed to the ground lol.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Oh Cossner. You never change and you don't learn new tricks now do you? But hey, thanks for proving my point some several pages ago about why elitism is what's really killing this fraudulent community. You keep on kicking on the dead horse about my opinion about Dragon's choice to win and of course when you keep doing that, you obviously only select certain parts to fit your narrative and agenda. But, that's okay because at this point, you only continue to show why that your crap stinks just like the rest of us.

You think you're superior to me or anyone on this site? Where the hell are your achievements? What have you actually done besides play some damn game (and lose more money than gain from it)? You really want to play that game with me Cossner? First of, you don't even know me and second even if you did, you still can't make assumptions based off of a baseless argument that has YET to be proven differently besides the majority harping after me for saying the minority opinion. Isn't this community suppose to embrace both sides of the opinion spectrum -- both the majority and minority opinion?

"TYM is for people like Skylight over here..." Oh people who question the "mighty" and don't sit back and regurgitate bullshit because it's coming from people like you and your ilk? Get real, please, you make me laugh.
Cringe.

Cossner doesn't act like he's better than people, I fucking suck and he played me at MKX to show me how Sektor works and he was very nice about it. He, just like everyone else is tired of a thread like this being polluted by essays full of meaninglessness bullshit.

"The opinion spectrum"? It's really funny that Dragon is getting shit on for winning with Aquaman, and him using a character like Aquaman makes him less of a player. When Honeybee himself actually tried to use Aquaman against Dragon and that didn't work either, but no way you'll mention that because it doesn't support your arguement.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Cringe.

Cossner doesn't act like he's better than people, I fucking suck and he played me at MKX to show me how Sektor works and he was very nice about it. He, just like everyone else is tired of a thread like this being polluted by essays full of meaninglessness bullshit.

"The opinion spectrum"? It's really funny that Dragon is getting shit on for winning with Aquaman, and him using a character like Aquaman makes him less of a player. When Honeybee himself actually tried to use Aquaman against Dragon and that didn't work either, but no way you'll mention that because it doesn't support your arguement.
I know, when Fox wins with Pre-patch Alien he is a god and could win with any char anyway lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I know, when Fox wins with Pre-patch Alien he is a god and could win with any char anyway lol.
Yeah and Dragon and Tweedy was getting shit on for Alien but everyone would still ride Sonic, REO, etc for Alien, Scar for Demo, Foxy for Piercing, Hayatei for Ronin, etc. People just don't like Dragon for some reason, idk why, he seems like a really nice guy. People acting like the best players winning with the best characters is some NRS specific issue is beyond retarded.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
And like I already said, Honeybee tried Aquaman against Dragon, everyone is on Theo's dick, so you guys don't like Aquaman? Or you don't like the Aquaman player who won?

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
You play the game the way it is programmed. That's how it works. Good players ALWAYS do this, and the same people will be good post patch. The same bums will be complaining and trying to discredit people who achieve things they only wish they could do. Same story, different day. Stop being so bitter. It's ugly. Hundreds of people went to Evo with their top tier character and lost. The best player that day won and he deserves all the credit in the world.

sars

Noob
I can't believe this thread still going on. I'm pretty sure this is the only community caring about who someone used to win a tournament. I hope one day this community will get better and quit hating on someone every time someone wins with a top tier character.

Tweedy

Noob
Okay well that's cool if you don't hold that against him but a lot of people do and don't really take that to be the staple of the supposed "nicest guy in the entire FGC." I'm not wondering why he doesn't interact. In his shoes, I wouldn't either. But then again I wouldn't agree with people calling me the nicest guy in the FGC if I choose not to interact with the biggest hub for my given scene. Also, calling the website you mod for "extremely toxic" and the "YouTube comment section" isn't helping fix the issues that you insist this community has.
This is essentially the youtube comment section of the nrs community tho. I say that as someone who has posted on here religiously.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

How NRS can be blamed? They announced in advance that they aren't going to change the returning characters except for some very minor tweaks. And even with that, every time there was a character that people to be broken (Atro, Adam etc ; ) people managed to find ways around that character. Now Aquaman is that character and until that patch people can find ways around him too. Adam is also a returning character, yet people found ways around him, once again.

So it was known from the get go, people just decided to ignore it.

The only people to blame aren't NRS, Dragon or any top/competitive player, but the haters and complainers are, who decided to ignore it and now they are all shocked and surprised.

And seriously this thread needs to end, this has gone way too far for way too long.