What's new

Ninja Team Tourney

i refuse to lose because im being hit with 1000 air sais. yes it is in the game and winning is winning. but a good sai spammer can win every match. i dont mind jax spammers because the triple fb shuts that shit down fast. plus if sumone starts low toeing my scorpion im just gonna quit. i understand that the game is supposed to be win by any means but some of the things in this game are simply ( bugs ) and allow ppl to exploit certain characters. if liu's loe toe had a shorter reach and less priority and if jax and mileena both had a 3 second gap between gp and sais then this game wud b perfect. i simply will not use these cheap tactics to win. im all for up close jabbing and mind games but i dont want to play a tournament under the name true_frznsldr and pik mileena and spam. HELL IVE GOT AN ALT ACCOUNT FOR THAT 1.

JF1000

Noob
Ahh yes..what Konqrr said is how it should be done every time!, like any type of vs fighting game tourney out there whether it be online or offline, i don't post much here very often but, from what i got he would like the standard to be just this:

best 2/3 sets double elimination,or single elimination which would make it faster and more efficient(for the purpose of a nice clean ran bracket/tournament standard rules), well standard would be double elimination but for the sake of saving time for those that have trouble complying with the normal standard rule set whether it be families/jobs/busy schedules etc..

2/3 sets would stay as it IS standard as far as that goes with a majority of fighters, i did kinda get confused reading some results and reading about how many times player A would have to play against player B, and still wouldn't matter if they still won vs them anyways or something, but i guess it was more "ladder" based which still kinda confuses me anyways ...as far as the rule set goes Konqrr, is that basically what you are aiming for?..oh and no random select character as far as character usage goes..unless of course the player so desires it with fair warning to opponent perhaps?

JF1000

Noob
Oh almost forgot, and when the players enter they HAVE to alert which characters they will enter with, so players know what waits ahead of them as far as character rank/player skill etc.(and this would hold in a positive format), because you wont know who your facing until its announced anyways and all entrants have pre-selected their own characters before the tourney even begins, and not everyone knows how to use said character in the best way for whatever match up they face, some what a double edge sword i suppose, which would apply to everyone, so it could be your own flaw(weakness) or strength, that would be ultimately be up to the player and find out for themselves in battle!

Edit: sorry for back to back posts, i made a thread topic by accident as well thinking I was replying to a post in this thread..my bad.

Kaz

Noob
Well JF1000, Konqrr is saying you pick who you want right before the match which would be like a real fighting game tournament. Like in other games most players have their main who they use no matter who their opponent is using.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Basically this is what I will use:

1) Pick whoever you want.
2) Winner must keep their character, Loser can change if they want. Counter picking is part of playing to win.
3) Best 2/3 matches, Double Elimination.
4) Winners/Losers Finals are best 3/5 matches.
5) Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches.
6) If a players lags badly with everyone, then you will be dropped from the tournament. All other lag issues will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

You do NOT play all matches, if you win what you need to in order to advance then you move on.

I would have allowed a double blind option (look it up if you don't know what it is) but there really isn't a 3rd party who can ensure compliance.

JF1000

Noob
ah ok, i figured as much.. my last post before yours was just an idea,..it has potential while still running the basic tourney format:) and the double blind is neat too, i had that happen to me a few times from my opponents because they were slowing down the venue's flow of things with the tourney...hmmmm, an idea, maybe it could be done via aim or e-mail perhaps?

D

david_GEM

Konqrr said:
It will be a no holds barred, play to win, no bullshit MK tournament.
So what have we been doing this whole time?

You guys have to make up your mind, mains or all characters?. idk how long ago I came up with the idea of rosters and a lot people -with the exception of jesse, kaz, and davey if memory serves right- brushed it off, NOW you guys wanna do something like that. lol

Just advocating here; if you choose your characters for all the matches, the only difference from randoming is you know who you will have, your still completely oblivous to who the opponent will have, and you're still vulnerable to counters. assuming their discretion

Whoever runs the tourney, can choose the roster for every set of fights, and they themselves can prevent counter picking. Then for match 13, each person can pick their main or (cause I can see this now) pick mileena and spam to win that last match. ;)

ex.

Player 1- cage, sub, shang, lao....
player 2- shang, rep, scorpion, kitana...

I'm not a pro on what counterpicks what, but that would be the only way to ensure it won't happen unless a player knew their opponent's roster.

I'm not big fan on randoming, but you run a lot matchup risks when choosing the characters.

david_GEM signing out, lol

david_GEM said:
If someone not as respected as you said that, he would be verbally gangraped.
Maybe, but that doesn't make him wrong.

There isn't any way to complete get rid of problem matchups, roster or not, because it's just how the game is. Mileena, Jax, and Liu Kang are more than equipped to handle nearly any situation the opponent can throw at them. If you really want to win tournaments, they're the safest choice. I mean, yeah that sucks, but look at MvC2, it's the same shit.

I don't mean to "brush off" your roster idea or anything because I think it would be awesome. Game balance just kind of makes it moot if everyone picks the same two or three characters.

D

david_GEM

Davey_8000 said:
Maybe, but that doesn't make him wrong.

I don't mean to "brush off" your roster idea or anything because I think it would be awesome.
Not maybe, FOR SURE.

And didn't I say that you and a few others "didn't" brush it off?

So Konqrr the idea of us sending in our roster prior is out the window I take it on this tournament? Bummer...thought it'd be kind of cool to have instated on this one, counter picking sucks :)

Also surprised to see best 2 out of 3, wow these are going to go quick.

Congrats to John and Fusion on making it to the finals. those are 2 of the best reptiles i have played that's for sure! good luck guys.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
john2kx said:
This is gonna be tough, but if we win it, I want to tape a final showdown match between fusion and myself.. :D
You should do that anyways! I'd love to see these two Reptiles showdown.

D

david_GEM

Okay, what's going on? Just played st-bioz and won 7-0. raven lost 7-0 to kensi right? Did he play bioz?

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
yeah i beat raven 7-0. from what i gathered, me and bioz were moving on because raven can't get his matches in. so technically you guys didn't have to play. i could be wrong though. *shrug*

esBeezy

Noob
dookiebrain said:
Congrats to Kensidj and esBeezy on finals.
thanks, although GM beat me with ease it's still comforting to know we played.
Raven's said he couldn't make it, only one round left.

D

david_GEM

crap, you guys were up 13-8, we still had a shot. BUT, you're moving on brohams. The finals shall be very interesting.

Raven

Noob
Well since you guys havent started your finals yet I might be able to get on tonight. DaveO is comming down today so if they havent already started. I can put up my last stand tonight. And sorry for the confusion earlier I originally said that you guys could drop me if you wanted to get this tourney over with. I can only play on like fri/sat So i wasn't sure if you all were willing to wait that long. If ES will still play me id love to get the matchs done and not bail on David_GEM.

Raven

Noob
VulcanRaven45 Just tell me when ur free. Tonight or tomorrow on here or send me a pm. Do you want me to record the matchs?